E Street Radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phanan

Blue Crack Addict
For three months on Sirius, they have a channel that is playing nothing but Bruce Springsteen to help celebrate the 30th anniversary release of Born To Run.

And not only have they been playing everything that is officially released, but every night they do a concert that is obviously from available bootlegs. I'm surprised they can do it, but supposedly Springsteen told them that they could play "anything they want".

Here and there throughout the day, they put on unreleased studio outtakes, and while I have most myself, it's just really cool to hear them pop up on a radio. I almost shit my pants when they played "If I Was The Priest"!

If you don't have Sirius satellite radio, you can sign up for a free 3 day trial to check it out, so if you like Springsteen, give it a try.

I hope they do something like this with U2 at some point.

link?

i know i saw this, but i think i lost the place where i saw it. :shifty:

I can listen to it online for free, my Mom has it for a year for free in her car so I can use her login

It is AWESOME, I haven't heard any of the concerts yet. I heard some of his interview w/ Dave Marsh too. I have never even heard of some of the songs they play.

www.sirius.com

channel 10

phanan said:
Several years back there was a tribute to Pete Seeger CD that came out, and Bruce did a beautiful version of it for that.

Ok, thanks :)

I listened to some of the concert they had last night-I think it was Tower Theater. It was an old one

Lots of moaning and heavy breathing from Bruce.....

......what was I saying? Oh yeah, it was great

So far, every "rare" recording they've played has been available on bootlegs. Others are non-album tracks that you rarely hear, like We Shall Overcome.

However, they played a Born To Run outtake called Lonely Night In The Park that has never been heard before. I'm thinking it must be on the 30th anniversary of Born To Run somewhere, possibly the DVD, because the sound quality was excellent. It was an average song (compared to the songs on Born To Run), but still interesting to listen to.

Yes I've read about that Lonely Night In The Park, on those Bruce sites that scare me too much to join :wink:

I want to hear that..I didn't hear the concert last night, does anyone know what it was?

Yesterday I did hear a version of For You that was absolutely incredible :faint:

I haven't had a chance to listen to the concerts at night, but I know that tonight it was the 1975 show at the Main Point, which is an awesome show.

I'm trying to track down an mp3 of Lonely Night In The Park. Hopefully someone recorded it from the broadcast.

phanan said:

I'm trying to track down an mp3 of Lonely Night In The Park. Hopefully someone recorded it from the broadcast.

I have one, if you want to put your e-mail here I'd be happy to send it to you

anyone else as well

I got it now, too. Someone posted it over at Greasy Lake.

Not a bad song, but it was an easy one to leave off the album, though. Doesn't come close to anything on it.

Then again, what would?

:D

elevation2u said:
anyone planning to buy the born to run anniversary boxet thingy???
:drool:

If that album doesn't have that Sony virus rootkit copy protection crap on it, yes! :hyper: If it does... :no:

Back
Top Bottom