e-mails and IM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
Ya know, I really don't care to talk to people via e-mail or IM, unless there is something specific to talk about. I find AIM annoying (primarily because I have to minimize my browser window on my home desktop to see the freakin' IM window).

If I'm talking to someone via e-mail about an event, then that's fine. But if the e-mail or IM exchange is simply a back-and-forth of random chat or small talk, I lose interest immediately.

I think some people probably feel I'm rude because of this, i.e., I may not write much in a response to their friendly e-mail or IM.

I'm just thinking out loud here......

I have to use MSN all the time because my fiance and best friend both live in England. In fact, I don't have any friends AT ALL within a 12 hour drive's radius, so I have to rely on email and IM's to stay even remotely social. :reject:

meegannie said:
I have to use MSN all the time because my fiance and best friend both live in England. In fact, I don't have any friends AT ALL within a 12 hour drive's radius, so I have to rely on email and IM's to stay even remotely social. :reject:

My hometown is 450 miles away...all my friends are still back in that area. We all get together on MSN and chat though...sometimes my sister is online too. However, my MSN name is almost never my real name, so she always claims I'm a stranger pretending to be her sister and just keeps typing "LIAR LIAR LIAR" until I can convince her it's me.

Does she ever think to look at my email address?? :der: :laugh: :heart:

Alrighty then, that's your personal preference, pub crawler, whatever works for you :shrug:

I personally am addicted to MSN Messenger, because I have U2 friends from all over the world and it's the easiest way for me to communicate with them. Plus I can still keep up the appearance of work :shifty: I just leave it on in the background while I'm working. Web sites like here take up more of my attention and so I can't be on them all day, otherwise I'd get NO work done, get fired and have to move into a van down by the river. . .

May I also take this opportunity to say fellow Messenger addicts may contact me at sarahherr@hotmail.com ;)

I used to be addicted to AIM....

but now I just use msn and even not that much...I think the last time I used it was when my computer needed help and I bugged my brother.

I feel weird just iming people at random, I feel like I'm bugging them or something.

I love using email and AIM...but like Daisy said, I feel weird about just popping in on someone because I don't know if they're already engaged in conversation and don't want to be bothered.

I have MSN messenger but I've never used it...I don't know why :shrug:

i love using msn messenger. i have aim too but i dont like it but i use it because some of my friends are on there. i hate not talking to all of my friends

HeartlandSoul said:

otherwise I'd get NO work done, get fired and have to move into a van down by the river. . .

hahaha! :D

I should add that what it comes down to is that I would rather talk to someone over the phone than on IM (or text messaging). e-mail is okay most of the time.

Hell, if someone wants to talk to me via IM I'd rather call them. I'd be happy to pay for the call even if I don't know them that well.

I just don't want to go back and forth on IM. Ya save a lot of time that way and you don't have to worry about having the right smilies in your message so that they understand your tone.

hmmm, I don't do AIM and I don't use the MSN messenger thing. I just don't know how to use it and besides if they need to write to me, just email or call. That's just me. :p

I prefere calling as well, but it costs me 35 cents a minute to call my best friend (because of her stupid campus phone line :mad: ) and 5 cents a minute to call my fiance (which isn't that bad, but after four hours, it starts to add up). :slant:

I :heart: AIM. Being a college student, it's really convenient when you want to talk to friends who are far away but don't want to spend tons of money on long distance calls. But hell- I even IM people who live in the same house as me! :coocoo:

Giant Lemon said:
But hell- I even IM people who live in the same house as me! :coocoo:

I used to IM my dad from my bedroom when he was in the living room. He usually just ended up yelling back to me. :laugh:

I always thought those Voice chats and/or those internet phone calls were crappy. I never got a good clear line and it was always delayed by a second or two.

Question: Does anyone here even bother with ICQ at all? I myself never seem to use it as much as my Dad. I prefer AIM meself.

meeganie, i added you to my msn without asking you first and without knowing your email address or real name, etc.

oh and gheto, i added you as well.

i also got your phone number from someone you would consider a friend who could keep secrets.

your address, well that wasnt hard to figure out. i have a plane ticket for next weekend.

im sure dubya supplies his home state residents with machine guns and electric chairs, so you should be able to fend off my presence with relative ease.

Cow of the Seas said:
oh and gheto, i added you as well.

i also got your phone number from someone you would consider a friend who could keep secrets.

your address, well that wasnt hard to figure out. i have a plane ticket for next weekend.

im sure dubya supplies his home state residents with machine guns and electric chairs, so you should be able to fend off my presence with relative ease.

um ok. :eyebrow: I could see you getting my phone number and I could see you getting my address, but just so you know I will not be here this weekend anyway. I will be visiting ABEL so you will have to make your destination city Dallas instead of San Antonio if you want to see me.

btw I am not a resident of this state so I don't get fun toys, but I am sure I could find something to do damage to stuffed animals like bears, if I looked hard enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom