DVD Ripping App for Mac?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
neutral said:
I was talking to someone about this last night actually, trying to write up a little tutorial before the tour DVD is released. :crack:

Tour DVD audio rip :drool:

Neutral, i'm looking firmly in your direction.

;)

neutral said:
I'm sorry, I don't know, I don't have a Mac.

Maybe Khanada will know. :hyper:
:lol: this will do the trick. it's got a free trial but it's not expensive to buy, either. i've never used it though so i've no idea if it's good or not, though. i've not needed to extract audio from a dvd since back when i had a pc. although i can attest handbrake works well for converting dvd to avi. :heart:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: this will do the trick. it's got a free trial but it's not expensive to buy, either. i've never used it though so i've no idea if it's good or not, though. i've not needed to extract audio from a dvd since back when i had a pc. although i can attest handbrake works well for converting dvd to avi. :heart:

Yes.

That works great. I've used to steal audio from many a DVD.

Wow, Handbrake is awesome. So's the Google calculator.

The program estimated it would take my PowerBook 23 hours (!) to rip and encode The Godfather to H.264. I decided to use the MPEG-4 encoder instead, which'll "only" take 6 hours. That's about 2x realtime, so that's not bad.

I like how there aren't too many stupid options I don't even understand and how they're all set to sensible defaults. I'd been using ffmpegx or whatever before, and it was a bitch and a half.

I also like how there's a BeOS version but no Windows version. Bwahah.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom