DVD packaging frustration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I'm here opening some DVDs I just got from Amazon...StarWars Clone Wars, AstroBoy collection, Serpico, Raging Bull and The Committments. Is it just me or is the packaging on DVDs the most annoying packaging ever?

First, you gotta rip off the plastic wrapping and then get it off your hands because sometimes it sticks to you like crazy. I use one hand to pull it off the other and now it is stuck on the other hand. :scream: Now I'm shaking my hand into the garbage hoping it falls off. :grumpy:

Ok, now the hard part. Peeling off those damn security stickers without damaging the case. Good :censored: luck. And there are 3 of the bloody things, why in God's name are there three of them? The hard part for me is getting a hold of the damn thing, after that it is usually easy. Although, sometimes the sticker is melded onto the package. And that "pull" sticker is there to screw with your head. Pull, my ass. Scrape is more like it. :rant:

Anyone got any tips, cause I hate shrink wrap.

Last edited:
Well, it's definitely better for security. If someone tries to open it they will have a damn hard time doing so and it will show on the product that they tried.

I'd rather have a tight lid on it than some flimsy scoth tape. :wave:

I'm more annoyed at DVDs that start with trailers and then refuse to let you hit "Menu" to skip them. I didn't pay good money to watch fucking ads.

Paramount DVDs are the worst offenders of them all.

Melon

melon said:
I'm more annoyed at DVDs that start with trailers and then refuse to let you hit "Menu" to skip them. I didn't pay good money to watch fucking ads.

Paramount DVDs are the worst offenders of them all.

Melon

Yeah, that is also annoying as hell. I just put my DVD in the machine and walk away to get food or whatever. When I come back, I then change over to the DVD feed because hopefully the menu will be up by then.

Sheesh, I haven't seen one of them yet. But a Universal DVD I watched last night put the option of hitting menu on the screen to avoid the previews, very thoughtful of them.

I also forgot how some DVDs don't want to come out of their case. No matter how you push that little button, you almost have to bend the thing before it pops out. Scary thing to do sometimes.

Yeah, I have a shredded "Gladiator" case because someone in my house just kept tugging on the stickers. :uhoh:

And what about when the little button in the middle is shattered, so when you open the DVD case, it leaps out and hits the floor. Then presto...it's scratched. :|

Videos definitely have the upside of being tougher. Some of mine have lasted almost 20 years.

Those double sided disks make me crazy! My Doctor Zhivago disk is two-sided and inevitably I put it on the wrong side. Why can't they label the plastic disk in the middle? :der:

trevster2k said:
I use one hand to pull it off the other and now it is stuck on the other hand. :scream: Now I'm shaking my hand into the garbage hoping it falls off. :grumpy:

Totally off-topic, so I'm sorry; also sorry if I'm being preachy or something. Just make sure that y'all don't throw that plastic away--RECYCLE IT!!!!! It's not any easier to get off your hands, but at least it'll do some good, right? Every little bit helps!

Back
Top Bottom