Duran Duran reunion shows - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2003, 05:34 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 03:38 AM
Duran Duran reunion shows

So, is anyone else going?

They are playing:
1. Orange County, CA , Pacific Amphitheater on July 16 ( almost sold out)
2. Las Vegas, NV Hard Rock Hotel, The Joint July 17
3. Las Vegas, NV Hard Rock Hotel, The Joint July 19 ( sold out)

I am going to the Orange County show. I'm so psyched!

Old 06-27-2003, 07:35 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:38 AM
*waits for Khanada to show up

Old 06-27-2003, 08:56 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:38 AM
Damn! If I weren't too far away I'd like to go to one.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:13 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:38 AM
Gotdammit! Where are the other shows? I want them to come to Florida!
Old 06-30-2003, 12:51 AM   #5
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:38 AM
they're having a "real" tour in 2004. for now, those have been the only dates listed. at first, only the japan dates (in early july, before the u.s. dates) were announced, with no plans to add any u.s. dates. then like a day or two later, the california date was added. then another day or so later, the joint's website had listed that they'd be playing (it was the 19th i think, whatever the sold out date is.) but their webmaster (who is completely worthless imo) was denying it. so like a couple days later, she finally confirmed it. then another date was added. this was like a month ago, so i don't think they'll be adding any more since they haven't added any since then.

i should also add that since the fivesome reunited in may of 2001, they've been working on the album. two years later, they're still working on songs. any opportunity they'll have will probably be long gone and the album will bomb if they don't put out the album soon. it's supposed to come out in late 2003/early 2004. i've been a huge fan since 1995, and i've seen them be the cause of their own fall of popularity, because they seem to have no concept of striking while the iron's hot.

this time last year they had a great manager (miles copeland), but now they've parted ways. they may or may not have a record deal (rumour has it that they signed a $30 million deal with arista, but of course their camp hasn't confirmed or denied this.) so they've really been sitting on their asses.

okay sorry to rattle on, i'm sure that's way more than anyone was wanting to know. bonochick is the resident ryan adams expert, and i'm the resident duran duran expert.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:30 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:38 AM

If they were to perform here, I'd definitely go.

Oh, the memories.
Old 06-30-2003, 05:58 PM   #7
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Old 06-30-2003, 05:59 PM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

I knew she'd show up!
Old 06-30-2003, 06:08 PM   #9
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
I knew she'd show up!
hehe...yes, with a novel's worth of useless info to post!

btw, you guys have no idea how much i wanted to go. they were even offering packages for the 7/19 vegas show, including accommodations at mandalay bay, a meet and greet with the band, signed stuff, tickets, stuff like that. but it was $2000 - not even including airfare! i was actually considering taking out a loan to pay for it, but then i was thinking i'd have to take out enough to pay for two or i'd have no one to take with me. $4k is enough to make a down payment on a car!

so now i'll just wait until the 2004 tour.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:09 PM   #10
New Yorker

Aaaaaaand I'm huuuuungry liiike the wooooolf!
Old 06-30-2003, 08:41 PM   #11
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i hate that song.

Quote:
Originally posted by HeadsOnSticks
Aaaaaaand I'm huuuuungry liiike the wooooolf!
Old 06-30-2003, 09:39 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

Rio is SO much better.

i do really like that song, khan
Old 07-01-2003, 12:33 AM   #13
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally posted by oktobergirl
Las Vegas, NV Hard Rock Hotel, The Joint July 17
i am SO THERE.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:14 AM   #14
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Rio is SO much better.

i do really like that song, khan
i love that song. i love the video too. john and nick are so hot (it's one of the few times nick didn't have a ton of makeup on).

a little sidenote about the video: the band, the director, everyone slept with the girl in that video. oh, and of course there's the now more well-known fact that the video took three days to shoot, and the first day was wasted with the crew and band being totally seasick.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:51 PM   #15
Refugee

Update: Another show has been added, albiet small and prolly impossible to get tickets for. I consider myself lucky to be living in LA but I'm sure I will have only a 10-15% chance of getting ticekts. This one is prolly a hype show to draw in record company interest.... they were interviewed on KROQ this morning by Kevin and bean and they announced the show on there. That show is VERY highly listening too. so now every yahoo in town is going to try and get tickets for the show. ARGH!!!!!!!!

LIVE IN LOS ANGELES....

Duran Duran LIVE at the Roxy, Los Angeles on July 15th

DKNY//JEANS and The Fader Magazine Present
Duran Duran at the Roxy in Los Angeles, July 15th

Original lineup of band returns for first US show together in 18 years, celebrating their 25th anniversary at the first U.S. venue they ever played.

The original lineup of Duran Duran -Simon Le Bon, Nick Rhodes, John Taylor, Andy Taylor and Roger Taylor - will perform live together for the first time in the US in 18 years on July 15th with a concert at Los Angeles's Roxy Theatre presented by DKNY//JEANS and The Fader magazine.

Tickets are $25.00 and will go on sale on Monday, July 14th at noon at the Roxy Box Office.

The venue holds a great deal of history for the leaders of the "Second British Invasion" of the 1980s. The Roxy was the first U.S. venue at which Duran Duran ever performed, making it an apt place for the band to celebrate the 25th anniversary of their formation.

DKNY//JEANS and The Fader magazine are coming together to help reintroduce Duran Duran to a new generation. Through different platforms, both brands support the iconic music that inspire emerging artists who shape culture.

Susan Davidson, President of DKNY//JEANS, says "DKNY//JEANS is thrilled to be sponsoring such an innovative band at such an historic time. Through their music, Duran Duran became synonymous with originality, sexiness, and cool. DKNY//JEANS reflects that same sensibility through its fashion and lifestyle designs. The band and the brand are a perfect match."

In a move dubbed by British music bible, the NME, as one of 2003's most exciting musical developments, the entire original, five member line-up of Duran Duran has reunited in time for its 25th anniversary. The band is currently working on a new album, slated for a 2004 release. In addition, the band will be playing a series of special shows, and releasing several commemorative items before their new album hits stores early next year, including a Greatest Hits DVD, re-issues of classic Duran Duran albums, the launch of a new fan community, and more.

Launched in 1999, New York-based The FADER magazine is an international music-driven lifestyle publication covering music, fashion, art, and politics. The magazine, which has enjoyed notable success in a difficult advertising environment, has recently expanded from four to six issues per year. The FADER's circulation is 75,000 with 500,000 readers. The FADER is available for sale (US $5.95) at Tower Records, Virgin Megastores, HMV, Barnes & Noble, Borders and newsstands worldwide.

In addition, Simon & Nick will be calling in to The Kevin and Bean Show on KROQ radio in Los Angeles at around 8AM PST on July 9th to talk about their current Japanese tour and their upcoming US dates.