DURAN DURAN LIVE!!!!! (reviews and pics - 56k no)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
wow, so i'm still so excited, i'm still on a high from both concerts. i saw duran duran twice, in nashville on 7/15 and in memphis on 7/16. for now, i'm gonna review the nashville concert. i'll try to review the memphis one tomorrow. hopefully by then i'll have a setlist as well. (yeah, i don't write that shit down, but luckily the band's site posts them.)

[review and pics of memphis concert: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2681932#post2681932]

anyway, first, here's the setlist:

NASHVILLE

sunrise
hungry like the wolf
planet earth
union of the snake
what happens tomorrow
come undone
chains
sound of thunder/i feel love
tiger tiger
the chauffeur
a view to a kill
ordinary world
save a prayer
taste the summer
notorious/i wanna take you higher
nice
careless memories
the wild boys

encore:
girls on film/(introduce the band)/groove is in the heart
rio

:drool:

i liked the setlist a lot. plus, i had second row seats!!!!!!! :hyper: so that certainly helped the experience. they played a nice mix of older songs and stuff off their new album, astronaut (which is great, btw). i was ecstatic to hear sound of thunder, love that song. their first album is definitely my favourite.

they played a lot of my favourite songs off of astronaut as well, i seem to be in the minority that DOESN'T like bedroom toys so i was glad they dropped that (they played it when i saw them this spring) and replaced it with taste the summer. love that song!

of course, i'm loving that they've decided to start playing tiger tiger live, something they've never done before the astronaut tour! (a diehard fan will tell you during the 83/84 tour it was the music they'd come onstage to, but it was the studio version.)

now, onto the pics...

Last edited:
:applaud: great pics

i saw them for the first time (even though i've loved them since the 80's) last april here in las vegas when they played the joint (in the hardrock) it was the MOST fun show that i have ever seen. i had the best time. it was general admission, too, which was fantastic. the setlist you posted is pretty similar to the one they played in vegas, except for the encore, they covered white lines, which made the crowd go crazy.

i want to see them again so bad. :drool:

Careless Memories :drool:
I use to love that video. I would watch it over and over again back when I was about 15 years old. That was way back in 1985. :yikes:

I still have some lovin' for my beloved Duran Duran. Ahhh, good times, me and my fellow Duranies.

Glad you had a good time Khanada. :)

MEMPHIS

friends of mine
hungry like the wolf
planet earth
taste the summer
union of the snake
what happens tomorrow
come undone
new religion
sound of thunder/i feel love
still breathing
a view to a kill
ordinary world
save a prayer
sunrise
notorious/i wanna take you higher
nice
careless memories
the wild boys

encore:
girls on film/(introduce the band)/groove is in the heart
rio

:combust:

now, this playlist just made me :combust:! they played fucking NEW RELIGION!!!! :rockon: that is my most favourite duran duran song. i was soooooo excited when the synth came on, i knew exactly what it was and started screaming. and they came on stage to friends of mine!!!! :hyper: as i said in my first post, i LOVE the first album so if they came onstage and played the first album in its entirety i'd die of happiness. but now that i think about it, when i combine every dd concert i've seen, i think i've heard every song off the first album EXCEPT to the shore and tel aviv :hmm:

i had sixth row seats for this concert. i was still kinda in the center but a bit to the left which meant i was closer to john. so i got loads more john pics this time.

here's a few pics of the opening act, stimulator. i ended up staying at the same hotel (on the same floor a few doors down, believe it or not) as them in nashville so we went out for some drinks after the show. it was fun. then i got them to sign my tee shirt and cd at the memphis show. they're super nice and they're excellent live and the cd's good as well.

now, onto duran duran:

Diane L said:
Nice pictures! I'm so glad you had a great time.
thanks! :D

bonosgirl84 said:
:applaud: great pics

i saw them for the first time (even though i've loved them since the 80's) last april here in las vegas when they played the joint (in the hardrock) it was the MOST fun show that i have ever seen. i had the best time. it was general admission, too, which was fantastic. the setlist you posted is pretty similar to the one they played in vegas, except for the encore, they covered white lines, which made the crowd go crazy.

i want to see them again so bad. :drool:
thank you thank you. :D

oh man you got to see them perform white lines? lucky!! i've seen them five times now and i've only seen them play it once, back when i saw them for the first time in 2001. the crowd went wild then. :drool:

bonosgirl84 said:
oh man, i just noticed in your setlist, there's no reflex!!

NO REFLEX!!!!

shame on them :mad:
yeah, i was surprised when they didn't play it in nashville, i figured they'd play it in memphis. they didn't play it in memphis either!! oh well, i love the reflex but i still loved the setlist. :drool:

mdw3935 said:
Careless Memories :drool:
I use to love that video. I would watch it over and over again back when I was about 15 years old. That was way back in 1985. :yikes:

I still have some lovin' for my beloved Duran Duran. Ahhh, good times, me and my fellow Duranies.

Glad you had a good time Khanada. :)
haha, i loved that video. careless memories and night boat are soooo campy!! in those videos especially you can tell simon used to be an aspiring actor.

one4u2 said:
I just noticed Sound of thunder :ohmy: :hyper:
tell me about it!!! i was so :hyper: that they played it, especially when they played it both nights! :combust:

U2ElevatesMe415 said:
Bono's inspiration :lol: :drool:

& aww. Nick & Jo! :cute:

&& that setlist is amazing :shocked:
:yes: :drool:

i'm so lucky, every time i've seen them they've had an amazing setlist. there's never been any awful songs. they played bedroom toys when i saw them in louisville in march but even then it was good live so i didn't mind. :D

haha, i'm not really that big a fan of reflex, but the guy i saw them with in vegas goes CRAZY for it. it was all he wanted them to play, really, and he was so happy when he heard it. it was making me laugh.

it was when they played hold back the rain that i went crazy. :heart:

i should check their site and see if they're coming back to vegas anytime soon. i would love, love, LOVE to see them again.

bonosgirl84 said:
haha, i'm not really that big a fan of reflex, but the guy i saw them with in vegas goes CRAZY for it. it was all he wanted them to play, really, and he was so happy when he heard it. it was making me laugh.

it was when they played hold back the rain that i went crazy. :heart:

i should check their site and see if they're coming back to vegas anytime soon. i would love, love, LOVE to see them again.
:laugh: i wonder what he would've done had he been at any of my shows!

i love hold back the rain! :D

i'd be surprised if they didn't go to vegas. good luck!

U2ElevatesMe415 said:
HOLY CRAPOLAAA THE 1978 shirt!! Mine & Lauren's favorite :lol: :drool:
:applaud:

speaking of shirts, i was disappointed that the shirts weren't different than the ones they had in spring. the shirts with the dates still only went through april. i'm kinda surprised they didn't get new ones made with the summer dates. :shrug:

oh, and because i forgot, here's the dd stuff i got signed :hyper:

an EXTREMELY rare promo only copy of planet earth only released in the u.s. with a completely different cover (sorry about the flash, nothing was there anyway):

this is cool, it's a copy of the seven and the ragged tiger lp made into a purse:

here's the stimulator shirt:

and the cd (sorry for the shitty quality):

Back
Top Bottom