duran duran is touring, yo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
yeah, they're doing it to celebrate their 25th anniversary. :up:

dates:
PHP:
Sat-Nov-08          Atlantic City, NJ    The Borgata

Sun-Nov-09          Washington, D.C.     Warner Theatre

Mon-Nov-10          Philadelphia, PA     Tower Theatre

Thu-Nov-13          Cleveland, OH        Agora

Fri-Nov-14          Toronto, ONT         Kool Haus

Sat-Nov-15          Detroit, MI          Royal Oak

Mon-Nov-17          Chicago, IL          House of Blues

Tue-Nov-18          Chicago, IL          House of Blues

Fri-Nov-21          Atlanta, GA          Tabernacle

Sat-Nov-22          New Orleans, LA      Twiropa

Sun-Nov-23          Houston, TX          Cullen Auditorium

Mon-Nov-24          Dallas, TX           Majestic Theatre

Wed-Nov-26          Albuquerque, NM      Kiva Auditorium

Fri-Nov-28          Tucson, AZ           Rialto Theatre

Sat-Nov-29          Phoenix, AZ          Celebrity Theatre

Sun-Nov-30          San Diego, CA        4th & B Theatre

Sun-Dec-06          Auckland, AUS        Western Springs

Wed-Dec-10          Melbourne, AUS       Telstra Dome

Sat-Dec-13          Sydney, AUS          Aussie Stadium

Sun-Dec-14          Sydney, AUS          Aussie Stadium

and the coolest part of it all is i get to go to the concert in atlanta! just have to buy the tickets when they go on sale and make some hotel reservations! :hyper:

that is strange. there are three dates i can drive to (within a day's drive, that is), yet only one in california? i guess cuz they played there quite a bit this summer...

i'll probably br going to the toronto date if i can get a ticket. its not going to be easy esp with a pre-sale that i can't get in on.

WHEEEEEEE! I would really like to see them on the 22nd. When is their new cd coming out?? Aren't the original members back working on it?

:eek: "Ordinary World" is my favorite song :eek:

yeah, they've been working on it since may 2001. :mad:

they haven't taken this long to do an album since the wedding album, but at least then no one cared that they were recording. but i get the feeling that they're just doing minor tweaking to the album to kill time while waiting to be signed to a label.

so until then, i'm not sure when something will come out. it's strange why they haven't considered releasing it themselves though, as both simon and john each own a record label. but i guess they want to be with a big label that will give them promotion, videos, the whole nine yards.

anyone else planning on seeing them? btw bg, did you catch them this summer in vegas? i guess the places they played this summer they're not going to play now, although i think to ignore almost all of california and the huge city of vegas is a mistake.

KhanadaRhodes said:
yeah, they've been working on it since may 2001. :mad:

they haven't taken this long to do an album since the wedding album, but at least then no one cared that they were recording. but i get the feeling that they're just doing minor tweaking to the album to kill time while waiting to be signed to a label.

so until then, i'm not sure when something will come out. it's strange why they haven't considered releasing it themselves though, as both simon and john each own a record label. but i guess they want to be with a big label that will give them promotion, videos, the whole nine yards.

With all the hype they are getting they better take advantage of the situation and make a great record or else the hype will fizzle fast :huh:

Bunbury said:
With all the hype they are getting they better take advantage of the situation and make a great record or else the hype will fizzle fast :huh:
:yes: i've heard some of the stuff they've been working on (john played one song on a radio station once and they've also been playing some new stuff live) and it's pretty good. i know at least i'll like the album. :D

so now it's really just a matter of getting a record company to make an offer, which they seem to be reluctant to do. there were rumours earlier that they'd been signed to arista but i don't know what happened with that.

KhanadaRhodes said:
that is strange. there are three dates i can drive to (within a day's drive, that is), yet only one in california? i guess cuz they played there quite a bit this summer...

it's about time they came to san diego! the venue they're playing (4th & B) holds about 1500 people. I'm so excited!

:applaud:

i can't wait until the 14th...there's a discover presale going on for some of the dates (including atlanta), and since i've been a discover cardholder since 2001...

:laugh: my friend bought us tickets this morning for the Atlanta show. :up:

I am so happy that I will finally be able to see one of my first childhood crushes! :D :hyper: last time John Taylor was here in Atlanta and I wanted to see him, he was on tour with Power Station and I could not go to the concert because I was not old enough. So my sister and her friend went and bought posters of him for me. :laugh: I had his pic hanging on my wall for years! it was one of the best gifts I ever received. :heart:

so yay I will finally get to see John Taylor. :D

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
[Bhe was on tour with Power Station[/B]
ehh i'm sure you didn't miss it, as robert palmer wasn't their singer then. it was shitty ass michael des barres. :yuck:

i'll be towards the front of the line at atlanta, as i plan on getting there several hours early. :hyper:

This would be the kind of show in which I would have to get ridiculously drunk, sing all the the words and dance, and possibly throw a bra or something onstage.

Ya know, just for kicks

:wink:

:eek:

Oh man, Robin and I were talking about that on the way back, all the way from Kansas City to St. Louis! :laugh:

one day after going on sale to the public, i know: atlantic city; washington, d.c.; cleveland; royal oak; chicago (both dates); atlanta; houston; dallas; phoenix; and san diego are all sold out. :D

Back
Top Bottom