duran duran is touring, yo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would kill to see them live but I'm so poor right now it's not even funny. I don't even want to know if they are going to be anywhere near me.

arw9797 said:
I would kill to see them live but I'm so poor right now it's not even funny. I don't even want to know if they are going to be anywhere near me.

i'll lend you this ray gun--it has a kill setting--if you promise not to kill me. And if you need someone to go to the show with, i bet you can bribe your star trek-loving friend (if you guys are still talking) into buying a ticekt if you tell her that it's an official star trek phader (and in that case she could keep it, because it hasn't been doing me much good). laser? phaser? i wouldn't really know. or would it? ;)

IWasBored said:

i'll lend you this ray gun--it has a kill setting--if you promise not to kill me. And if you need someone to go to the show with, i bet you can bribe your star trek-loving friend (if you guys are still talking) into buying a ticekt if you tell her that it's an official star trek phader (and in that case she could keep it, because it hasn't been doing me much good). laser? phaser? i wouldn't really know. or would it? ;)

:coocoo:

:mad: don't you pay attention to my journal? We're talking again :sigh: and she's still and handful.

i tried to get tickets but they sold out in 3 minutes. i was f%$kin 3rd in line and i still never got them. :madspit:

Sweet Tart said:
i tried to get tickets but they sold out in 3 minutes. i was f%$kin 3rd in line and i still never got them. :madspit:
yeah, i heard some of the concerts sold out in 60 seconds, 3 minutes, etc. i don't know which ones, though. i only know which ones are sold out.

oh and yertle, you'd be happy to know they've added a singapore date. :D

arw9797 said:

:coocoo:

:mad: don't you pay attention to my journal? We're talking again :sigh: and she's still and handful.

i do read your journal, but honestly sometimes it's really hard to keep up with the long entries that you and shcmeg (not to mention the volume of entries that wankerman writes) and kariann write. while kariann was in memphis i guess i could have caught up, but honestly (since i'm being honest here) i'm a lazy bastard. and of course i say that like you didn't know...

hey...don't you pay attention to...i don't remember actually...someone's comments. that's where the ray gun thing originated. i guess if i can't remember then i shouldn't expect you to know what i'm talking about. but i think it was kariann's journal.

ok, so i saw dd last night. what can i say except holy fucking shit. l;ast time i saw these guys i was in the 4th grade. so, you can imagine my excitement. near flawless show (with the esception of "white lines." i mean, really. who gives a shit about that song.)
they played waiting for the nightboat which made my night for sure. here's the set list:

San Diego Set List
VIEW TO A KILL
PLANET EARTH
HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF
COME UNDONE
WHAT HAPPENS TOMORROW
NEW RELIGION
UNION OF THE SNAKE
BEAUTIFUL COLOURS
WAITING FOR THE NIGHT BOAT
ORDINARY WORLD
SAVE A PRAYER
NOTORIOUS
GIRLS ON FILM
CARELESS MEMORIES
WILD BOYS
----
WHITE LINES
RIO

i didn't even think of posting a review here! :slant:

my set list was very similar:

Atlanta Set List
Friends of Mine
Planet Earth
Hungry Like The Wolf
Come Undone
What Happens Tomorrow
New Religion
Is There Something I Should Know
Beautiful Colours
Waiting for the Nightboat
Ordinary World
Save A Prayer
Notorious
Girls On Film
Careless Memories
Wild Boys
----
White Lines
Reflex
Rio

i was extremely pleased with the setlist. yeah, there's tons i wish they had played, but there was nothing i wish they hadn't, which is great. they were awesome. i felt like i was watching arena or something, it was like no time had passed. i know it's because i love the fab five incarnation best, but this was oodles better than when i saw then 2.5 years ago.

i on the other hand liked white lines. :tongue: it's their "get the audience up and dancing" song. they picked the perfect time to play it; since they came onstage ~45 minutes late (last time they were right on time, grr) everyone was kinda slumping when they came onstage for their encore. the whole crowd started jumping, and people stared at me, i guess cuz they were amazed i knew all the lyrics to everything, even some of their new stuff. :huh: (i also wasn't around any die-hards, they were obviously people who are casual fans, which is fine but i'm just saying.)

i took almost half a roll of just john taylor pics. :drool: his shirt was almost completely unbuttoned. omigor!!

just a little bumpity bump cuz more dates have been added.

more dates:
PHP:
Fri-Jan-30          San Antonio, TX    Laurie Auditorium 
Tue-Apr-13          London, UK         Wembley Arena
Wed-Apr-14          London, UK         Wembley Arena
Thu-Apr-15          Glasgow, UK        SECC   
Sat-Apr-17          Manchester, UK     Evening News Arena
Sun-Apr-18          Birmingham, UK     Birmingham NEC
Mon-Apr-19          Birmingham, UK     Birmingham NEC

Last edited:
I saw Duran Duran in San Francisco for the Now and Zen Tour a few months back.... and it was amazing!
Duran Duran was the first band I ever loved...and John Taylor was my 1st crush :drool:
I hope they come back to the Bay Area again soon! :hyper:

yertle-the-turtle said:
they played in Singapore on Tuesday night. I wanted to be there but I really couldn't afford it.

they played the same set as the one Khanada saw.
:applaud:

sorry you missed it though. :(

even more dates were announced today, here's the updated version:
PHP:
Sun-Apt-11          Nottingham, UK     Nottingham Arena
Tue-Apr-13          London, UK         Wembley Arena
Wed-Apr-14          London, UK         Wembley Arena
Thu-Apr-15          Glasgow, UK        SECC   
Sat-Apr-17          Manchester, UK     Evening News Arena
Sun-Apr-18          Birmingham, UK     Birmingham NEC
Mon-Apr-19          Birmingham, UK     Birmingham NEC
Wed-Apr-21          Manchester, UK     Evening News Arena
Thu-Apt-22          Newcastle, UK      Newcastle Arena
Sat-Apr-24          London, UK         Wembley Arena

they opened the show in sydney for robbie williams last weekend :crack:

apparently their guitar player dresses like Bono :hmm:

Salome said:
they opened the show in sydney for robbie williams last weekend :crack:

apparently their guitar player dresses like Bono :hmm:
:laugh: yes. robbie said they should've been playing by themselves though. geez, they sold out wembley in like no time (i forget the mins) so they shoulda toured alone in oz too.

andy dresses like bono? i've seen tons of pics of them now (and saw them in concert) but i couldn't get past how scary he looks now to notice how he dresses! :laugh:

I was torn between Duran Duran and Damien Rice who played here on the same night. :mad: I went with the $13 Rice and it was awesome, exceeding all expectations, yet I feel weird missing DD. Nobody ever comes here and having two good shows competing on the same night in one small town should be forbidden by law. In fact, I will vote for the next person who runs for public office on this platform.

Back
Top Bottom