Duran Duran Concert review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
LA based Ima Robot opened the show for Duran Duran. Surprisingly they worked the crowd harder than most Live bands that I've seen. Ima Robot contains that familiar Brit pop feel mixed in with Radiohead obscurity. Their set was definitely louder and much more energetic than Duran Duran's. How often is it when the opening band are better than the main act?

It's been years since the original line-up of Duran Duran have performed on stage together including all three unrelated Taylor’s. The union was appreciated by fans however the on stage chemistry between the band wasn't present at all.

Duran Duran opened up with "(Reach Up for The) Sunrise", a very weak opening. The first 40 minutes of the show was strong despite the weak opening and then it all feel apart shortly after. The over all sound mix was horrible.

The stage layout itself was awesome but I was very disappointed in the lack of use of the large giant screen behind the stage. This was their opportunity to display themselves in action for those who were situated in the back and to display the flash animation that most didn't get to expirence on the album and videos for "Pop Trash".

"Save a Prayer" was one of my favorites of the night. I was situated in the first row of the Balcony and the sight of cigarette lighter flames and luminated cell phone screens adoring the audience was surreal. The audience singing the chorus reminding me of the video itself and sounded absolutely beautiful.

I do appreciate Simon Le Bon's singing effort. Even though his vocals were weak at least he didn't lip synch. I didn't pay $80 to hear Simon Lip Synch. Simon was very talkative with the audience which was appreciated.

It was a fair experience over all but I highly wouldn't recommend anyone seeing Duran Duran on this tour. It's not your trip down memory lane inspite the set list selection.
The mix could've been better.

isabelle_guns said:
The union was appreciated by fans however the on stage chemistry between the band wasn't present at all.

Duran Duran opened up with "(Reach Up for The) Sunrise", a very weak opening. The first 40 minutes of the show was strong despite the weak opening and then it all feel apart shortly after. The over all sound mix was horrible.

"Save a Prayer" was one of my favorites of the night. I was situated in the first row of the Balcony and the sight of cigarette lighter flames and luminated cell phone screens adoring the audience was surreal. The audience singing the chorus reminding me of the video itself and sounded absolutely beautiful.

I do appreciate Simon Le Bon's singing effort. Even though his vocals were weak at least he didn't lip synch. I didn't pay $80 to hear Simon Lip Synch. Simon was very talkative with the audience which was appreciated.

It was a fair experience over all but I highly wouldn't recommend anyone seeing Duran Duran on this tour. It's not your trip down memory lane inspite the set list selection.
The mix could've been better.

:eyebrow: I'm sure I will disagree- I've seen them twice already with the original line up and I thought they were great. I can't wait until April 13th! I'm sure seeing them at Madison Square Garden will be a surreal experience. :D

Back
Top Bottom