duran duran appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beli said:
My first Duran song was Planet Earth. I have tonnes of vinyl including many Japanese import 12 inch remixes. I have lots of videos too, not that I have a VCR lol

Then theres the books. I have quite a few from the old scrapbook series, Sing Blue Silver, as well as my tour programme from 1983.

etc, etc, etc :uhoh:
yes, if i'm not mistaken planet earth went to #1 in australia? it may not have been the top 20 charts, i think it was the dance/disco charts to be exact. :hmm: i've got every video they've ever made and way too much crap really. i've got a box full of vcr tapes of copied interviews, videos, commercial releases, etc.

*steals your programme* :wink:

indra said:
I was listening to an old (from 1986) Kilbey interview the other day and he was asked about it then, but I don't remember him saying when exactly it was. Comparing concert dates and venues for both bands it has to have been in early October 1982 in Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, and France.
:hmm: i'm surprised one of the best sites ever (durandurantimeline.com) doesn't have an opening band listed at all for that period. i believe you though, i'm just surprised the webmistress didn't know that. i thought she knew everything :uhoh: :laugh:

one4u2 said:
john :drool: :drool:

KhanadaRhodes said:

yes, if i'm not mistaken planet earth went to #1 in australia? it may not have been the top 20 charts, i think it was the dance/disco charts to be exact. :hmm: i've got every video they've ever made and way too much crap really. i've got a box full of vcr tapes of copied interviews, videos, commercial releases, etc.

*steals your programme* :wink:

:hmm: i'm surprised one of the best sites ever (durandurantimeline.com) doesn't have an opening band listed at all for that period. i believe you though, i'm just surprised the webmistress didn't know that. i thought she knew everything :uhoh: :laugh:

john :drool: :drool:

JOSI :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

yes, if i'm not mistaken planet earth went to #1 in australia? it may not have been the top 20 charts, i think it was the dance/disco charts to be exact. :hmm:

We only have two charts. We dont have dance and blah and everything split up like the USA. Just the normal chart and the indie chart.

And yeap, Im pretty sure it was number 1 here.

As for the Duranonline thingie I emailed the webperson cause they didnt have The Helicopters listed as the support act for the show I attended.

beli said:
So I was in the Pharmacy yesterday and noticed the Clarins poster. I say to myself "Thats Renee Simonsen". lol
:applaud:

when i was at a record shop last year i saw the roxy music lp with her on the cover. i had to get it because that's what made john seek her out in the first place. :cute:

Hey! how did this thread lose a star? :eyebrow:

Just who is the offending party?

Zootlesque said:
woah! this thread has gone deep into duran trivia. :ohmy:
:yes:

you'd be amazed all the useless crap i know. i think i can remember every single person each member has dated (well for andy and roger it's really easy) and as i proved yesterday at lunch, i can name every single released in chronological order. :reject:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:applaud:

when i was at a record shop last year i saw the roxy music lp with her on the cover. i had to get it because that's what made john seek her out in the first place. :cute:

You should have that album anyway. Roxy Music are fab :up:

As for deep into the trivia. It would be deep if I said that Renee went on to settle down with a Danish fisherman, Jens, had two children, a girl Ulrich (sp?) and a boy, split up and then settled down with popstar and had another boy.

But because you will think Im weird if I say that, I wont say it :wink:

As for losing a star, this thread was probably down rated by a misogynist homophobe who cant handle women drooling over non rugby playertypes.

*waits for another star to mysteriously fall off*

beli said:
You should have that album anyway. Roxy Music are fab :up:

As for deep into the trivia. It would be deep if I said that Renee went on to settle down with a Danish fisherman, Jens, had two children, a girl Ulrich (sp?) and a boy, split up and then settled down with popstar and had another boy.

But because you will think Im weird if I say that, I wont say it :wink:
ooh yes i love roxy music. i've got a few of their cds (bryan ferry's too), but i had to buy that lp. i also discovered my parents had one of their 7" so i nicked it. :ohmy: (then again, they always tell me i can take any of their records i like, so long as i ask first.)

ooh really? i did not know this...i'm trying to remember when exactly john and renee split up. i'm thinking it had to have been like 1989? :hmm:

beli said:
As for losing a star, this thread was probably down rated by a misogynist homophobe who cant handle women drooling over non rugby playertypes.

*waits for another star to mysteriously fall off*
then they are really gonna hate this:
3436%3B87523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3DXROQDF%3E2323836584864ot1lsi

that was my desktop pic for a while :drool:

cool. Roger Taylors exwife name was Giovanna Cantone (they had a boy, a boy and then a girl)

PS

Giovanni is a boys name
Giovanna is a girls name

ie Italian names that end in a are girls names, and ones that end in i are boys names, and ones that end in o are family names.

/uselessness

beli said:
cool. Roger Taylors exwife name was Giovanna Cantone (they had a boy, a boy and then a girl)
ahh shit, did i write it wrong on my site? :mad:

beli said:
I still havent heard the new album. Is it good? Its not being played over here at all.
:yes: i'm surprised they're not playing it since they toured there a bit. but i looooooooove it. it picks up where seven and the ragged tiger left off, but it's not 80s at all. it has a very modern feel. and now that the taylors are all back...:love:

Im not fond of Seven and the Ragged Tiger. They recorded a chunk of that album in Australia so the publicity was immense. I was so disappointed when it came out, I cried. Seriously. :mad:

Zootlesque said:
I've only heard and seen the video of Reach out for the Sunrise. Very tempted to get the album. :hmm:
yes please get it. it's really good. of course, i have the limited edition with the bonus dvd :up:

i had to buy it twice though as my first copy was in my car and couldn't be salvaged. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom