Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #856
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
Cashews are the money nut.
my mom loves those. i've become a novice candymaker, and i keep telling my mom i'm going to make her these chocolate cashew thingies (not chocolate covered cashews lol) but i never get around to it. i've made peanut brittle and chocolate covered toffee...obviously both for other people. i've never enjoyed the fruits of my labour

maybe i will for her birthday in january
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #857
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I don't drink wine, so I'm unsure if it would have the same effect on me, but peanuts definitely do if I eat too much of them at once.

If I feel a headache coming on, I pop in four Advil right away, and if it's early enough, that usually does the trick. If not, I have no choice but to lay down for a while.
i'd probably say it would. everyone i know who's prone to migraines has wine affect them like that due to the...i think it's the tyramine. although that's in red wine, and i've had both red and white put a number on me (i actually tried white first because i was afraid to try red because of that).

anyway, you're lucky. either i'm dense (lol, this is likely) or i get no warning signs. only once have i ever gotten the aura/spotty vision. for me, one minute i feel fine, the next minute i feel like i'm going to die, and the littlest noise and light causes excruciating pain.

that's good that you can catch them early most times though
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #858
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 07:38 AM
Well... I'm out for now. Need to get some food in my belly!

Chow!
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #859
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
I've never been to Melting Pot, but I've heard good things. Maybe I should just go there for dessert?
YES!!!!! you should. i love all three courses (technically you get four when you go there, but i always skip the salad. first, they serve nasty dressings that are a little too high-brow for me, and i can't possibly eat cheese fondue, salad, the main course, AND dessert. no way) to death so i can't just go for dessert

but for dessert, i recommend either the flaming turtle (just as it sounds, milk chocolate, caramel, and i ask for no nuts obviously) or the smores fondue! that one is milk chocolate, marshmallow cream, and graham cracker crumbs. i'm a sucker for smores, it's my favourite dessert
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #860
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i'd probably say it would. everyone i know who's prone to migraines has wine affect them like that due to the...i think it's the tyramine. although that's in red wine, and i've had both red and white put a number on me (i actually tried white first because i was afraid to try red because of that).

anyway, you're lucky. either i'm dense (lol, this is likely) or i get no warning signs. only once have i ever gotten the aura/spotty vision. for me, one minute i feel fine, the next minute i feel like i'm going to die, and the littlest noise and light causes excruciating pain.

that's good that you can catch them early most times though
I don't get the traditional migraine symptoms, like spotty vision, or sensitivity to light. I can just feel it slowly coming on, and if I don't have Advil with me when it does, I'm screwed. So I always try to have it around.

There was one time when I went to a Red Sox game, and it was a freakin' heat wave going on. It was an afternoon game and the temps were up in the mid-90's. I didn't keep myself hydrated enough and proceeded to get one of the worst headaches I have ever had. The drive home was excruciating.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #861
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I don't get the traditional migraine symptoms, like spotty vision, or sensitivity to light. I can just feel it slowly coming on, and if I don't have Advil with me when it does, I'm screwed. So I always try to have it around.

There was one time when I went to a Red Sox game, and it was a freakin' heat wave going on. It was an afternoon game and the temps were up in the mid-90's. I didn't keep myself hydrated enough and proceeded to get one of the worst headaches I have ever had. The drive home was excruciating.
lucky although come to think of it, i think that's how i was when i was younger. i've been getting migraines since i was like 10 or 11.

oh god, that's happened to me too, i know how much that sucks how far did you have to drive?
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #862
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

lucky although come to think of it, i think that's how i was when i was younger. i've been getting migraines since i was like 10 or 11.

oh god, that's happened to me too, i know how much that sucks how far did you have to drive?
A little over an hour. It was so bad that I was starting to feel nauseous. Just thinking about it makes me wince.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #863
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
A little over an hour. It was so bad that I was starting to feel nauseous. Just thinking about it makes me wince.
yikes, that sounds...unpleasant to say the least.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #864
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Look at that, I'm losing in the DI final now.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #865
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
Look at that, I'm losing in the DI final now.
yours is my favourite. i think you deserve to win. and my opinion is the only one that matters
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #866
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 09:38 AM
That's ok, though. In fact, I think I'd like to see Lara win. I'm a bit embarrassed that I've run the tournament the last two times and I'm in the final both times.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #867
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

yours is my favourite. i think you deserve to win. and my opinion is the only one that matters


Well, I can't argue with that, now can I?
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #868
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
So with the librarian I think I am going to apologize for asking her out. I'm going to say she was nice about the whole thing and that I think she is cool. Then ask her if we can start over. I'm thinking about getting a job there as the pay looks really good and it would enjoyable. So yeah.
much, much better. good job, and good luck
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #869
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Fondue.

my family went to quebec city when i was 3 and then 7 and i have the fondest (foggiest) memories of a fondue place there, cheese and meats and then fruits and chocolate.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #870
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


much, much better. good job, and good luck
Thanks for the e-mail. I'm about to listen to your CD exchange stuff.
__________________

__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com