Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #856
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
Cashews are the money nut.
my mom loves those. i've become a novice candymaker, and i keep telling my mom i'm going to make her these chocolate cashew thingies (not chocolate covered cashews lol) but i never get around to it. i've made peanut brittle and chocolate covered toffee...obviously both for other people. i've never enjoyed the fruits of my labour

maybe i will for her birthday in january

Old 05-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #857
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I don't drink wine, so I'm unsure if it would have the same effect on me, but peanuts definitely do if I eat too much of them at once.

If I feel a headache coming on, I pop in four Advil right away, and if it's early enough, that usually does the trick. If not, I have no choice but to lay down for a while.
i'd probably say it would. everyone i know who's prone to migraines has wine affect them like that due to the...i think it's the tyramine. although that's in red wine, and i've had both red and white put a number on me (i actually tried white first because i was afraid to try red because of that).

anyway, you're lucky. either i'm dense (lol, this is likely) or i get no warning signs. only once have i ever gotten the aura/spotty vision. for me, one minute i feel fine, the next minute i feel like i'm going to die, and the littlest noise and light causes excruciating pain.

that's good that you can catch them early most times though

Old 05-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #858
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:38 AM
Well... I'm out for now. Need to get some food in my belly!

Chow!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #859
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
I've never been to Melting Pot, but I've heard good things. Maybe I should just go there for dessert?
YES!!!!! you should. i love all three courses (technically you get four when you go there, but i always skip the salad. first, they serve nasty dressings that are a little too high-brow for me, and i can't possibly eat cheese fondue, salad, the main course, AND dessert. no way) to death so i can't just go for dessert

but for dessert, i recommend either the flaming turtle (just as it sounds, milk chocolate, caramel, and i ask for no nuts obviously) or the smores fondue! that one is milk chocolate, marshmallow cream, and graham cracker crumbs. i'm a sucker for smores, it's my favourite dessert
Old 05-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #860
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i'd probably say it would. everyone i know who's prone to migraines has wine affect them like that due to the...i think it's the tyramine. although that's in red wine, and i've had both red and white put a number on me (i actually tried white first because i was afraid to try red because of that).

anyway, you're lucky. either i'm dense (lol, this is likely) or i get no warning signs. only once have i ever gotten the aura/spotty vision. for me, one minute i feel fine, the next minute i feel like i'm going to die, and the littlest noise and light causes excruciating pain.

that's good that you can catch them early most times though
I don't get the traditional migraine symptoms, like spotty vision, or sensitivity to light. I can just feel it slowly coming on, and if I don't have Advil with me when it does, I'm screwed. So I always try to have it around.

There was one time when I went to a Red Sox game, and it was a freakin' heat wave going on. It was an afternoon game and the temps were up in the mid-90's. I didn't keep myself hydrated enough and proceeded to get one of the worst headaches I have ever had. The drive home was excruciating.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #861
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I don't get the traditional migraine symptoms, like spotty vision, or sensitivity to light. I can just feel it slowly coming on, and if I don't have Advil with me when it does, I'm screwed. So I always try to have it around.

There was one time when I went to a Red Sox game, and it was a freakin' heat wave going on. It was an afternoon game and the temps were up in the mid-90's. I didn't keep myself hydrated enough and proceeded to get one of the worst headaches I have ever had. The drive home was excruciating.
lucky although come to think of it, i think that's how i was when i was younger. i've been getting migraines since i was like 10 or 11.

oh god, that's happened to me too, i know how much that sucks how far did you have to drive?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #862
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

lucky although come to think of it, i think that's how i was when i was younger. i've been getting migraines since i was like 10 or 11.

oh god, that's happened to me too, i know how much that sucks how far did you have to drive?
A little over an hour. It was so bad that I was starting to feel nauseous. Just thinking about it makes me wince.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #863
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
A little over an hour. It was so bad that I was starting to feel nauseous. Just thinking about it makes me wince.
yikes, that sounds...unpleasant to say the least.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #864
Blue Crack Addict

Look at that, I'm losing in the DI final now.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #865
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Look at that, I'm losing in the DI final now.
yours is my favourite. i think you deserve to win. and my opinion is the only one that matters
Old 05-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #866
Blue Crack Addict

That's ok, though. In fact, I think I'd like to see Lara win. I'm a bit embarrassed that I've run the tournament the last two times and I'm in the final both times.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #867
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

yours is my favourite. i think you deserve to win. and my opinion is the only one that matters

Well, I can't argue with that, now can I?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #868
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
So with the librarian I think I am going to apologize for asking her out. I'm going to say she was nice about the whole thing and that I think she is cool. Then ask her if we can start over. I'm thinking about getting a job there as the pay looks really good and it would enjoyable. So yeah.
much, much better. good job, and good luck
Old 05-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #869
Blue Crack Addict

Fondue.

my family went to quebec city when i was 3 and then 7 and i have the fondest (foggiest) memories of a fondue place there, cheese and meats and then fruits and chocolate.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #870
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

much, much better. good job, and good luck
Thanks for the e-mail. I'm about to listen to your CD exchange stuff.

Tags
superthread