Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

We tend to have two a year or so - there was a big gap between I and II, and then we did some mini-tournaments in between that spread it out some more. Ax, Screwtape, and I did a Prog Island version that was really fun.

Shame that only eight or so people actually listened to the Prog Island! :lol:

Axver said:

Shame that only eight or so people actually listened to the Prog Island! :lol:

Yeah, but at least we had a good time doing it.

And actually, if you think about it, that's when we started making noise to others about Porcupine Tree. I specifically remember Zoots hearing Arriving Somewhere for the first time from GG's list and getting hooked.

phanan said:

Yeah, but at least we had a good time doing it.

And actually, if you think about it, that's when we started making noise to others about Porcupine Tree. I specifically remember Zoots hearing Arriving Somewhere for the first time from GG's list and getting hooked.

Yep. :up:

That was also when my premium membership without warning expired and you suddenly ended up making the polls, I think.

phanan said:

We tend to have two a year or so - there was a big gap between I and II, and then we did some mini-tournaments in between that spread it out some more. Ax, Screwtape, and I did a Prog Island version that was really fun.

In fact, I'd like to do another mini one at some point, based on another genre, like electronica or something.

what are the specific rules for the mini ones?

KhanadaRhodes said:

:reject: i could submit mine today if need be

:lol: I don't think you'd be the only one.

However, I doubt we'd get 20 people if we did it too soon. That's why I recommended waiting until at least July in the DI thread. While us regulars would do it again instantly, not everyone else would. And a few of the participants this time dropped off the face of the Earth during this one, so we'd certainly lose them.

phanan said:

:yes: It happened right in the middle of it, I believe.

Yeah, I think we were just about to hit the finals or something. It was handy though, since I was about to head to New Zealand for over a week without Internet access.

KhanadaRhodes said:
OH FUCK :rant:

i just added like the perfect song for my di 5 playlist...it puts me 29 seconds over :sad:

oh well. i have, what, a couple months to figure out what to do?

is there a suitable single or radio edit for any of the songs on the list?

Varitek said:

what are the specific rules for the mini ones?

They vary. For Prog Island, because that type of music is so expansive, we went crazy, submitting playlists that were 240 minutes long! It was a blast.

But other mini tournaments would probably be more like the Symphonic one, where we concentrate on a single idea or genre, and keep it to only 80 minutes.

Varitek said:
is there a suitable single or radio edit for any of the songs on the list?
there probably is, i know there is for one of the songs i used cuz i know the version i would hear on the radio wasn't this long. but i don't have it.

oh well, i still have a long time to make changes, so plenty of time for pondering

Varitek said:
ax thoughts?

Good so far, like how atmospheric it is and how I haven't been noticing the track changes since it all segues together so nicely. Apparently I'm at a track called Doors Lead To Questions right now.

Screwtape2 said:
Now Burial is a trip. I really like the rhythms and beats. Another artist I'll have to look into. :up:

yeah it's fun. i don't think it's for all listening purposes, because it is so different.

that's his 2nd album, according to wikipedia:

Burial is an anonymous dubstep musician from London. Burial's eponymous debut album was released in 2006 to critical acclaim. The Wire magazine named it their album of the year and it came fifth in the Mixmag 2006 Album of the Year list.

dubstep :hmm:

phanan said:
Oh you think so, eh?

:evil:
no.

I KNOW SO!!!!!

owned.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom