Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah,
Lila64 said:
choc.gif
just is begging for some perverted jokes.

not that i would EVER do such a thing.

phanan said:
Same here, which is too bad because I like peanuts.
omg, someone who understands my pain! (literally!) i haaaate getting weird looks when i tell someone i can't have wine. no, seriously i can't. no for real, stop offering me the goddamn wine! every alcohol i've ever had gives me no problems...except wine. i had half a glass one time cuz i wanted to be mature and try drinking it, and had the worst migraine the next day.

i don't like peanuts, but i love peanut butter. i've got to be careful though, because if i have a little, i'm fine. :up:

Screwtape2 said:
So with the librarian I think I am going to apologize for asking her out. I'm going to say she was nice about the whole thing and that I think she is cool. Then ask her if we can start over. I'm thinking about getting a job there as the pay looks really good and it would enjoyable. So yeah.

Good luck with that.

KhanadaRhodes said:

omg, someone who understands my pain! (literally!) i haaaate getting weird looks when i tell someone i can't have wine. no, seriously i can't. no for real, stop offering me the goddamn wine! every alcohol i've ever had gives me no problems...except wine. i had half a glass one time cuz i wanted to be mature and try drinking it, and had the worst migraine the next day.

i don't like peanuts, but i love peanut butter. i've got to be careful though, because if i have a little, i'm fine. :up:

I don't drink wine, so I'm unsure if it would have the same effect on me, but peanuts definitely do if I eat too much of them at once.

If I feel a headache coming on, I pop in four Advil right away, and if it's early enough, that usually does the trick. If not, I have no choice but to lay down for a while.

coolian2 said:
Cashews are the money nut.
:yuck: my mom loves those. i've become a novice candymaker, and i keep telling my mom i'm going to make her these chocolate cashew thingies (not chocolate covered cashews lol) but i never get around to it. i've made peanut brittle and chocolate covered toffee...obviously both for other people. i've never enjoyed the fruits of my labour :mad:

maybe i will for her birthday in january :lol:

phanan said:
I don't drink wine, so I'm unsure if it would have the same effect on me, but peanuts definitely do if I eat too much of them at once.

If I feel a headache coming on, I pop in four Advil right away, and if it's early enough, that usually does the trick. If not, I have no choice but to lay down for a while.
i'd probably say it would. everyone i know who's prone to migraines has wine affect them like that due to the...i think it's the tyramine. although that's in red wine, and i've had both red and white put a number on me (i actually tried white first because i was afraid to try red because of that).

anyway, you're lucky. either i'm dense (lol, this is likely) or i get no warning signs. only once have i ever gotten the aura/spotty vision. for me, one minute i feel fine, the next minute i feel like i'm going to die, and the littlest noise and light causes excruciating pain.

that's good that you can catch them early most times though :up:

Lila64 said:
I've never been to Melting Pot, but I've heard good things. Maybe I should just go there for dessert? :hmm:
YES!!!!! you should. i love all three courses (technically you get four when you go there, but i always skip the salad. first, they serve nasty dressings that are a little too high-brow for me, and i can't possibly eat cheese fondue, salad, the main course, AND dessert. no way) to death so i can't just go for dessert :lol:

but for dessert, i recommend either the flaming turtle (just as it sounds, milk chocolate, caramel, and i ask for no nuts obviously) or the smores fondue! that one is milk chocolate, marshmallow cream, and graham cracker crumbs. i'm a sucker for smores, it's my favourite dessert :drool:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i'd probably say it would. everyone i know who's prone to migraines has wine affect them like that due to the...i think it's the tyramine. although that's in red wine, and i've had both red and white put a number on me (i actually tried white first because i was afraid to try red because of that).

anyway, you're lucky. either i'm dense (lol, this is likely) or i get no warning signs. only once have i ever gotten the aura/spotty vision. for me, one minute i feel fine, the next minute i feel like i'm going to die, and the littlest noise and light causes excruciating pain.

that's good that you can catch them early most times though :up:

I don't get the traditional migraine symptoms, like spotty vision, or sensitivity to light. I can just feel it slowly coming on, and if I don't have Advil with me when it does, I'm screwed. So I always try to have it around.

There was one time when I went to a Red Sox game, and it was a freakin' heat wave going on. It was an afternoon game and the temps were up in the mid-90's. I didn't keep myself hydrated enough and proceeded to get one of the worst headaches I have ever had. The drive home was excruciating.

phanan said:
I don't get the traditional migraine symptoms, like spotty vision, or sensitivity to light. I can just feel it slowly coming on, and if I don't have Advil with me when it does, I'm screwed. So I always try to have it around.

There was one time when I went to a Red Sox game, and it was a freakin' heat wave going on. It was an afternoon game and the temps were up in the mid-90's. I didn't keep myself hydrated enough and proceeded to get one of the worst headaches I have ever had. The drive home was excruciating.
lucky :mad: although come to think of it, i think that's how i was when i was younger. i've been getting migraines since i was like 10 or 11. :sigh:

oh god, that's happened to me too, i know how much that sucks :hug: how far did you have to drive?

KhanadaRhodes said:

lucky :mad: although come to think of it, i think that's how i was when i was younger. i've been getting migraines since i was like 10 or 11. :sigh:

oh god, that's happened to me too, i know how much that sucks :hug: how far did you have to drive?

A little over an hour. It was so bad that I was starting to feel nauseous. Just thinking about it makes me wince.

Screwtape2 said:
So with the librarian I think I am going to apologize for asking her out. I'm going to say she was nice about the whole thing and that I think she is cool. Then ask her if we can start over. I'm thinking about getting a job there as the pay looks really good and it would enjoyable. So yeah.

much, much better. good job, and good luck

Fondue. :drool:

my family went to quebec city when i was 3 and then 7 and i have the fondest (foggiest) memories of a fondue place there, cheese and meats and then fruits and chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom