Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

if you want to feel better, go back a few pages to where i talk about how i have academically tied the noose and stepped into it, 3 weeks before my college graduation :up:

Oh I saw. Good luck with all of that while not having the new Raconteurs album.

I love how I got the LAST FUCKING ACOUSTIC ENCORE OF THE ENTIRE TOUR AT MY SHOW IN TAMPA. That was special. Still, it was my first U2 show and one of the most satisfying moments of my life up until that point.

Dunno if that's good or bad.

Varitek said:

not one of the ppl who brought the flags (i believe they were rich british plebans) but bono pointed at me a few times and up i fucking went, security guard protesting there were too many people on stage be damned

I clearly remember that, seeing Bono keep pointing for more people to come up, and all-out confusion amongst the security personnel.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Oh I saw. Good luck with all of that while not having the new Raconteurs album.

I love how I got the LAST FUCKING ACOUSTIC ENCORE OF THE ENTIRE TOUR AT MY SHOW IN TAMPA. That was special. Still, it was my first U2 show and one of the most satisfying moments of my life up until that point.

Dunno if that's good or bad.

You got stuck with the acoustic encore?

My sympathies, truly.

OK folks, I'm out. Sleep feels like a good idea.

Remember, if you make it to the next thread: BUMPASS, VIRGINIA FOR MIA!

:wave:

Axver said:

You got stuck with the acoustic encore?

My sympathies, truly.

Between shows with the ZooTV encores, actually. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

See ya Ax and Phanan. Left some feedback in the DI thread. :wave:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Perhaps you weren't wearing any pants.

oh you missed where i explained that i was sitting in my room, wearing headphones, and blasting out an off key but very passionate reenactment of 3-21-85. the whole concert. i believe that's why she averted her eyes, because though i'm wearing boxers and a pajama tank top, i regularly dress this way on my hall.

Varitek said:

oh you missed where i explained that i was sitting in my room, wearing headphones, and blasting out an off key but very passionate reenactment of 3-21-85. the whole concert. i believe that's why she averted her eyes, because though i'm wearing boxers and a pajama tank top, i regularly dress this way on my hall.

That would do it. Still kind of a bitch move on the eye aversion.

LemonMacPhisto said:

That would do it. Still kind of a bitch move on the eye aversion.

i'm not offended, it's hilarious. once i decided to get over my embarrassment and belt it out, there was no going back.

now that my mom has stopped emailing me....zzzzzzzz

Belting songs out in public is always fun. My buddies and I rickroll'd people at a stop light once - we called it the Astley Traffic Serenade.

Varitek said:
screwtape, i dunno if you will ever read this, but here is my 2 cents on the librarian:

I would still say that the approach you last advocated is not the best choice, because you already asked her out and she said she had a boyfriend. As a woman to whom this has happened, if you said you "cared" about me the 2nd time, still barely knowing me, I'd think you wanted an "in" romantically. Even though this might be what you want, you still have to be friends with her while she's dating this guy, and get to know her. (maybe you won't even like her romantically once you do this! happens all the time.) I'd advocate much lighter language. And spoken, not written. Something like, "hey, I know you have a boyfriend and I respect that, but I think we might hit it off as friends so I'd like to get to know you on those terms." that will let her know she is a cool person in your eyes, which is I think what you want to do, without making her wary (and she also wouldn't want to make her boyfriend suspicious if you were still indicating romantic interest, so she'd probably not want to see you in that case). and then you get to maybe make a new friend.

good luck

I think I might tell her I think she is sweet and cool. Then ask her if she would like to be friends.

Thanks for the update, YLB.

So, I finished last night's thread this morning, and now I've started on today's. Turns out, Andrew doesn't like Vazza all too much.

phillyfan26 said:
Thanks for the update, YLB.

So, I finished last night's thread this morning, and now I've started on today's. Turns out, Andrew doesn't like Vazza all too much.

Don't mention it.

The string of lulz these last 2 threads have brought is extremely palpable. I can really taste that palp.

Varitek said:
OOOOOOOH Edwards is going on the Today Show today. If he doesn't endorse Obama I'll be shocked.

I saw part of it this morning, and he utterly refused to support anyone from what I saw.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Don't mention it.

The string of lulz these last 2 threads have brought is extremely palpable. I can really taste that palp.

Speaking of lulz, you see The Office last night?

phillyfan26 said:

Speaking of lulz, you see The Office last night?

I did. Andy had me rollin' last night, but apart from that, it was a decent episode.

What did you think?

Yeah, it was pretty average. I loved Michael's one line "I would never say it to her face, but she's a wonderful person and a great artist." And Andy was fantastic: "It's not really all that funny, in fact it's very painful."

Dwight's kind of taken a back seat as of late, and he's been great nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom