Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

I can just imagine the scene when you have some death metal blasting. :wink:

Ha. I usually listen to music through my headphones, and if I am using my speakers, I almost never play death metal through them. So at least it doesn't sound like hell's coming out of my place. And I don't do death vocals myself ... much ...

Varitek said:
here's the rope

in some ways my school has given me enough to hang myself, every day.

sorry, i probably sound really dramatic. i'm just stressed to the top, sick and in pain, exhausted, and in a euphoric/mourning phase for the class and era i just finished

At least you've got your immediate future somewhat planned out, from the sound of it.

I remember when I finished, my first thought was, what the fuck do I do now?

Varitek said:

i just screamed "don't push me too far DON'T PUSH ME TOO FAR"

i just wish i could crow like bono at hte beginning of wire

:lol:

I can do that sound at the start of Wire. It's fun. Sounds demented, but fun.

phanan said:

At least you've got your immediate future somewhat planned out, from the sound of it.

my very real problem right now is IF i finish. I am more sure than not sure that I will, not with grades up to my potential for my outstanding work, but while this summer and next year are planned, my fucking graduation isn't certain

phanan said:

I've got to admit I am so grateful I'm going on to do Honours and postgrad. If I were finishing in a little over a semester like most people in my year will be, I'd be thinking exactly what you thought.

Varitek said:

my very real problem right now is IF i finish. I am more sure than not sure that I will, not with grades up to my potential for my outstanding work, but while this summer and next year are planned, my fucking graduation isn't certain

Why isn't your graduation certain?

Axver said:

I've got to admit I am so grateful I'm going on to do Honours and postgrad. If I were finishing in a little over a semester like most people in my year will be, I'd be thinking exactly what you thought.

I was a history major and poli sci minor, mostly because those things interested me the most. It wasn't until it was too late that I realized there wasn't much for me to do with that background unless I wanted to be a teacher or get into politics.

So I decided to work in a music store instead and get free CDs... :lol:

phanan said:

Why isn't your graduation certain?

because like i said, this place gives you enough rope to hang yourself with, and i have made the noose: i have an extemely overdue senior requirement for my major, plus an incomplete from my injury sophomore year to write the final paper for, plus my thesis which is very much in need of 75 more pages.

and i have 2 weeks. 1 week of finals and 1 week for honors exams, where i'm not honors but i'll still be working

the good news is i can write 2-3 pages an hour, more if pressed, less if i need to do lots of research.

Varitek said:
i also tend to "da dadada" along with the guitar, sounding even more retarded

Oh, that sort of thing is just too fun. I sing along with most instruments.

The intro of PT's Piano Lessons is one of the best. Do-do DOO, d'do-do DOO ...

right now i sound as if i'm murdering amazing grace, but i'm mostly on pitch to what bono's doing with it, cause it's easier to follow than, say, the electric co

phanan said:

I was a history major and poli sci minor, mostly because those things interested me the most. It wasn't until it was too late that I realized there wasn't much for me to do with that background unless I wanted to be a teacher or get into politics.

So I decided to work in a music store instead and get free CDs... :lol:

Haha, almost exactly my stuff too. I'm majoring in both History and PolSci. I'm honestly tired of PolSci, but I'm so close to getting the major that I might as well. I'll be doing just History for Honours next year. I just keep hoping desperately that I'm not delusional and can make an academic career out of it.

Varitek said:

because like i said, this place gives you enough rope to hang yourself with, and i have made the noose: i have an extemely overdue senior requirement for my major, plus an incomplete from my injury sophomore year to write the final paper for, plus my thesis which is very much in need of 75 more pages.

and i have 2 weeks. 1 week of finals and 1 week for honors exams, where i'm not honors but i'll still be working

the good news is i can write 2-3 pages an hour, more if pressed, less if i need to do lots of research.

what am i doing here now? nothing while i'm too tired to think and screaming my stress out

for the last semester what have i been doing here? tying the noose, on interference and in many other ways

on june 2 i will hopefully be giddily laughing at this

Varitek said:

Ah, ok - I get it now.

oh and a final in a class i haven't done the reading for since i crammed for the midterm in 1 hour the morning of the demotivational idea (i always get so creative when i should be cramming) and got an 85 on but i really need an a- in the class so i should study for that a little more than an hour

phanan said:
So Axver, are you still interested in handling the Critic's Choice Awards?

Oh yes. Totally forgot to even check DI today.

Axver said:

Oh, that sort of thing is just too fun. I sing along with most instruments.

The intro of PT's Piano Lessons is one of the best. Do-do DOO, d'do-do DOO ...

I officially pronounce the opening of New Year's Day 3-21-85 to be the best to dooo doo DOOO along with. in fact the whole song, i think i'm gonna sing with edge instead of bono

Varitek said:

I officially pronounce the opening of New Year's Day 3-21-85 to be the best to dooo doo DOOO along with. in fact the whole song, i think i'm gonna sing with edge instead of bono

I still love how Edge goes from the keyboard to the guitar, and back and forth again, when playing that song live. It never gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom