Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

That's for sure. It seems most of the Aussie and Kiwi crew has gone to bed too.

But I think Ian, Bonnie, and I put on 250-300 or so posts at least. We're now over halfway to Bumpass!

Yeah, but in another hour or so, when you turn in for the night, the thread will come to a screeching halt.

phanan said:

It's quite ridiculous. I don't even bother posting in those types of threads. It's pointless.

GG has held the fort well, but I don't see why she bothers. The people who should listen won't ever actually do that.

The threads just frustrate me to look at.

phanan said:

Yeah, but in another hour or so, when you turn in for the night, the thread will come to a screeching halt.

I hope not! You lot seem to have put on a good amount of posts most nights lately. I'm actually worried I'll go to bed and you guys will reach a new thread but nobody around will know it should be Bumpass.

I love how I no longer consider 1am late.

This is like what 9pm probably is to most people.

Axver said:

I hope not! You lot seem to have put on a good amount of posts most nights lately. I'm actually worried I'll go to bed and you guys will reach a new thread but nobody around will know it should be Bumpass.

Well, even if you go to bed and we're not there yet, it will still be Friday here, so we'll make sure Mia gets her wish before the day is over.

Oh dudes do you know something, it is a guy's birthday today.

A pretty important guy.

He has affected the world in a big way.

You know the guy.

booth-john-wilkes.jpg

John Wilkes Booth! Happy birthday, you old dog!

Bonnie, if you posted that on FYM, the fallout would be epic. :laugh:

i think i synthesized my entire college career of knowledge of african politics history and economics in that essay for that final. man did that feel good, sleep deprived as i am.

and i am sure i can get a good rec out of the prof. one down, 2 to go (recs....as for papers lets not go there)

Varitek said:
i think i synthesized my entire college career of knowledge of african politics history and economics in that essay for that final. man did that feel good, sleep deprived as i am.

and i am sure i can get a good rec out of the prof. one down, 2 to go (recs....as for papers lets not go there)

Good to hear. :up:

phanan said:
Ok, so this thread died even earlier than usual.

Time for lunch.

Yeah, it came to a grinding halt there.

I was a bit preoccupied as I got a message from a member of one of the obscure Kiwi bands I have managed to dig up.

if i weren't so tired i would really want to get in a car and crank up 1985-03-21 Chicago and sing along as loud as I could. However I have neither a car nor the capacity to drive safely right now. The alternatives suck: crappy laptop speakers that are no fun to listen to the boot on, or screaming along to headphones so that I sound like a fucking lunatic to passersby.

Then again, at this point in finals, it would not be unreasonable for a senior here to sound like a fucking lunatic.

or go to the gym. jesus christ i could use a good cardio work out with this bootleg, but my leg still sucks and there's a monsoon out and i'm pretty sure i'd faint doing hard cardio after being up for i don't know how long.

Varitek said:
if i weren't so tired i would really want to get in a car and crank up 1985-03-21 Chicago and sing along as loud as I could. However I have neither a car nor the capacity to drive safely right now. The alternatives suck: crappy laptop speakers that are no fun to listen to the boot on, or screaming along to headphones so that I sound like a fucking lunatic to passersby.

Then again, at this point in finals, it would not be unreasonable for a senior here to sound like a fucking lunatic.

I expect I sound like a lunatic if any of my neighbours have heard me singing when I've had my windows open and stuff.

I mean, Porcupine Tree's Strip The Soul? "Strip the soul! KILL THEM ALL!"

They'd think I'm fucking nuts.

Also, holy shit, I'm liking this business of having a cane. I just went for a short walk to take out the rubbish. Now, it's about 2:30am here. The lighting outside is rather weak. I'm realising that unconsciously, I always walk with my head tilted towards the ground, trying to see obstacles. With the cane swinging along the ground ahead of me, I can look straight up and ahead, facing where I'm going. It's great, and sure to do wonders for my posture. I just love walking with it.

Axver said:

I expect I sound like a lunatic if any of my neighbours have heard me singing when I've had my windows open and stuff.

yeah well, these people know me...

I might scream it out anyway. I would actually just like to literally scream as stress relief, but that might cause some alarm.

ok, i officially sound both insane and painful, with my no-pitch-very-loud-still-has-a-hoarse-voice-from-her-sore-throat-sleep-deprived singing

Axver said:

I can just imagine the scene when you have some death metal blasting. :wink:

Axver said:

i just screamed "don't push me too far DON'T PUSH ME TOO FAR"

i just wish i could crow like bono at hte beginning of wire

here's the rope

in some ways my school has given me enough to hang myself, every day.

sorry, i probably sound really dramatic. i'm just stressed to the top, sick and in pain, exhausted, and in a euphoric/mourning phase for the class and era i just finished

Varitek said:
i like it when i know the words better than bono

and i'm shit at knowing words

:lol:

I love Zoo Station from the first Vertigo Tour gig. "I'm ready for the ball and the ... bat/I'm ready for the ac-ro-bat".

you know what feels good? yelling out WE ARE SO SICK OF IT

fuck it, these speakers suck, here come the headphones and sounding actually crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom