Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2008, 06:32 AM   #286
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:16 AM
vazza do you watch the daily show and the colbert report?

i have no idea why i like it as its all about american politics, but its a damm sight funnier than what is on tv here

Old 05-09-2008, 06:33 AM   #287
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
If you search "awkward animals" on youtube, you will be presented with a variety of people engaged in an age-old white person activity: embarrassing themselves online. you will also learn how to signify "awkward whale" and "awkward butterfly" but experts have yet to determine if the animals differ in the connotation or degree of awkwardness they symbolize, or if they universally denote awkardness and the iterations merely provide some choice and variety to the overenthused gesturer.

If you wish to fit in among your white friends, simply make up an embarrassing and not-so-subtle hand gesture when something awkward happens. They will then ask you, "what are you doing?" "Oh," you can say, "it is the new (insert animal name here)." They will look at you with admiration for being "in" on an aspect of this trend before they were. As an additional bonus, you can now laugh behind their backs as they repeat this hand gesture in future awkward situations, all the while swelling with how cool they are for using it.

/my attempt at writing in the "stuffwhitepeoplelike" style

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-09-2008, 06:33 AM   #288
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Yeah, Broadway didn't seem too bad.

After one of the U2 gigs, I remember we ended up on Upper Queen Street, and that seemed iffy. Passed what had to be the dodgiest-looking Mongolian restaurant ever.

I generally wouldn't go much further up Queen St than the University, aka opposite Aotea Square
Old 05-09-2008, 06:34 AM   #289
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
i have no idea why i like it as its all about american politics, but its a damm sight funnier than what is on tv here
The lack of The Chaser is really starting to hurt. Good God, TV here sucks at the moment.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-09-2008, 06:34 AM   #290
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

If you search "awkward animals" on youtube, you will be presented with a variety of people engaged in an age-old white person activity: embarrassing themselves online. you will also learn how to signify "awkward whale" and "awkward butterfly" but experts have yet to determine if the animals differ in the connotation or degree of awkwardness they symbolize, or if they universally denote awkardness and the iterations merely provide some choice and variety to the overenthused gesturer.

If you wish to fit in among your white friends, simply make up an embarrassing and not-so-subtle hand gesture when something awkward happens. They will then ask you, "what are you doing?" "Oh," you can say, "it is the new (insert animal name here)." They will look at you with admiration for being "in" on an aspect of this trend before they were. As an additional bonus, you can now laugh behind their backs as they repeat this hand gesture in future awkward situations, all the while swelling with how cool they are for using it.

/my attempt at writing in the "stuffwhitepeoplelike" style
*does antlers*
Old 05-09-2008, 06:34 AM   #291
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

We don't get The Colbert Report here. But we get The Daily Show, which is fucking brilliant.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:35 AM   #292
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

I generally wouldn't go much further up Queen St than the University, aka opposite Aotea Square
We trained it from Penrose to Britomart, then I can't recall what happened. I don't think we walked all the way up Queen Street but we might've.

I swear that Mongolian place looked like it was probably killing dogs out the back or something.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-09-2008, 06:37 AM   #293
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

We don't get The Colbert Report here. But we get The Daily Show, which is fucking brilliant.
i think colbert is almost better. they are both awesome , mabey because its americans taking piss out of themselves, which we rarely see. although colbert is candian ?
Old 05-09-2008, 06:38 AM   #294
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:46 PM
Quote:

when i can, yes. i fucking love them. when i was home 2 summers ago i watched them almost every night.

and you like that they cleverly make fun of american politics and dumb americans. so do i!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:39 AM   #295
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

i think colbert is almost better. they are both awesome , mabey because its americans taking piss out of themselves, which we rarely see. although colbert is candian ?
NO STEPHEN IS PURE AMERICAN THROUGH AND THROUGH. HE IS SO AMERICAN THAT THE INK USED TO WRITE THE CONSTITUTION WAS MADE FROM HIS BLOOD.

/attempt to write in the style of Colbert Report
Old 05-09-2008, 06:40 AM   #296
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I swear that Mongolian place looked like it was probably killing dogs out the back or something.

We have a billion Asian restaurants here, you've got to eventually find one dodgy one.

The Mongolian place i went to tonight was great.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:41 AM   #297
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

NO STEPHEN IS PURE AMERICAN THROUGH AND THROUGH. HE IS SO AMERICAN THAT THE INK USED TO WRITE THE CONSTITUTION WAS MADE FROM HIS BLOOD.

/attempt to write in the style of Colbert Report

sadly its not on tonite.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:43 AM   #298
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

colbert is definitely funnier, as he does the whole thing in the character of a bill o'reily-like host and just has many more sidesplitting moments. much as i love john stewart.

i dunno if you can watch episodes online there, try colbertnation.com. otherwise they are torrentable but they usually don't stay on youtube long anymore - thanks viacom! (very ironic that they take him down as he had youtube video competitions as part of his show!)

colbert started as a daily show "correspondent" but was clearly talented so they gave him his onw spot which follows the daily show. you might recognize him from the end of the show, before the moment of zen, when john checks in with him, unless they've cut that because they don't need to promo a show that doesn't air in the country!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:43 AM   #299
Vocal parasite

Quote:

We have a billion Asian restaurants here, you've got to eventually find one dodgy one.

The Mongolian place i went to tonight was great.
Coming to think of it, I don't believe I've ever actually had Mongolian.

Though knowing food from Asia in general, most of it would probably kill me or induce an unpleasant allergic reaction of some description.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-09-2008, 06:45 AM   #300
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

i am expanding and refining this to submit to the blog as my writing sample. what a great part time job that would be!

Tags
superthread