Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
maybe we can still get to the bumpass thread today

Yeah, let's get this thing to Bum Pass.

I bet Ian and I have a swag of photos we could use to get the thread there.

unico said:

very very wet! i guess i won't be putting stuff in the car until tomorrow. i've got so much to do today, but i'm reluctant to get up and begin. it's so weird.

welcome to every day of my life

yet i am not depressed as far as i know

coolian2 said:
It's getting foggy here. Although it looks like there's a big fire in Penrose.

Tomorrow's headline ...

PENROSE BURNS DOWN
Thousands celebrate in the streets.

Axver said:

Yeah, let's get this thing to Bum Pass.

I bet Ian and I have a swag of photos we could use to get the thread there.

interesting parsing

b-umpass: slang term meaning "to be the umpire" or to decide a disagreement between two other parties

bu-mpass: the boston university dining points card?

bumpa-ss: (bump-ah-sss) a slang term for nailing that slut.
(i should make an urban dictionary post about this and see if it catches on)

bumpas-s: you have a lisssp.

coolian2 said:

IF THEY HURT THE ONE GOOD RECTANGULAR STADIUM IN AUCKLAND I'LL BE ANGRY

:lol:

That stadium's in a rather unattractive part of town though, no? It seems nobody's put much effort into beautifying Penrose railway station, that's for sure.

How badly do we want to push this thing to Bum Pass and do you lot support/want to join in on picture insanity with Ian and I?

Axver said:

That stadium's in a rather unattractive part of town though, no? It seems nobody's put much effort into beautifying Penrose railway station, that's for sure.

No neighbours to complain. Much space to build a parking building.

The station looks like they've been making an effort to make it worse.

Axver said:
How badly do we want to push this thing to Bum Pass and do you lot support/want to join in on picture insanity with Ian and I?

i'm bailing, but you two have been wanting to do this for a while, so have fun kiddies

you can also tell those who poo-pooed my thread choice (peefan you weren't here to back me up) that you did it to get rid of another questionable thread sooner, thus gaining approval for activities that otherwise might start an argument about spam. :)

coolian2 said:

No neighbours to complain. Much space to build a parking building.

The station looks like they've been making an effort to make it worse.

True.

:laugh: To be honest, Penrose in 2006 looked fucking brilliant compared to some photos of it I saw in 2002, when the building was little more than a pile of petty vandalism.

And I hear the restored Onehunga Branch will have a Mt Smart station, so that's good news. :up:

Varitek said:
you can also tell those who poo-pooed my thread choice (peefan you weren't here to back me up) that you did it to get rid of another questionable thread sooner, thus gaining approval for activities that otherwise might start an argument about spam. :)

I have no problem with the thread location, though had I been around I would have probably vetoed it in favour of somewhere that we do have definitive confirmation for its existence. Or dug deeper online to find proof it exists, as it's a funny one.

Varitek said:

if you start the thread, btw, spell it correctly

Oh, of course, I'd do it as Bumpass, and make some comment in the first post about Bum Pass/Bump Ass.

Though I'd hope Mia would be around to make it.

Axver said:

I have no problem with the thread location, though had I been around I would have probably vetoed it in favour of somewhere that we do have definitive confirmation for its existence. Or dug deeper online to find proof it exists, as it's a funny one.

i dug pretty deep. i kinda wish i'd gone with Snowhope (Durham, UK), but neither exists besides on those lists. i also thought, alternatively, we could jump off Cock Bridge (Hope, Derbyshire, UK) but i didnt' check for its existence.

Varitek said:
i also thought, alternatively, we could jump off Cock Bridge (Hope, Derbyshire, UK) but i didnt' check for its existence.

I'm actually surprised you didn't do Shittlehope.

OK, Ian, let's have some picture madness.

To start off, I'd like to brag about a cool experience.

To set the scene, see this beautiful locomotive? It's A 70, at Stony Point.

s640x480

This is the view out of A 70, looking down the line back to Frankston and beyond.

s640x480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom