Duke Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't be silly! Now that Sox fans can't be angsty about an 80+ year World Series drought, we're probably going to amplify the whole rivalry with NY thing. You know, give ourselves something to complain about.

I hate both teams...

And there's no way in hell that rivalry is as good as some in college football.

And the Sox/Yanks rivalry isn't dead. THe Sox winning it all this past year actually made it a rivalry again as, typically, a rivalry is a "win some, lose some" affair. before 2004 it was rather one sided.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
good for you... sox yankees is over in my opinion.

Then why are they both gearing up this offseason to beat each others brains out again this summer?

You still read about these two teams in the dead of winter. Who gives a rats ass about Duke-UNC in July?

good for you... sox yankees is over in my opinion.

another great game... 1 pointer, down to the buzzer... horrific play call by roy williams, who proves once again why he's the worst big game coach in college basketball.

Hmm. I thought the reason Roy Williams couldn't win big games was because he was wound tighter than a guitar string and always infects his players with this anxiety.

Clark W. Griswold said:

Then why are they both gearing up this offseason to beat each others brains out again this summer?

You still read about these two teams in the dead of winter. Who gives a rats ass about Duke-UNC in July?

besides yankee and red sox fans, who gives a shit about the yankees and the red sox in january? not i.

Here we go again!

What a way to finish up the season. I'm starting to feel the madness creeping in...

:D

---

Illinois just lost....madness, baby. :up:

Last edited:
The greatest rivalry in sports... especially now that the red sox have won the world series and that whole yankee thing is meaningless now...

Tonight @ 9:00... Duke - Carolina.

yea baby.

Uh, don't bother tuning in at 9:00. Not because it's not a great game (I live here, so I know what this game means), but because it will be over by then... IT'S ON NOW! Duke by 1, with about 4 minutes to go in the first. :ohmy:

HeartlandGirl said:
And number 7 Kansas falls to unranked Missouri...

And it's about damn time my school's basketball team did something right! :) It has definitely not been a good year to be an MU fan.

Re: Re: Duke Carolina

clipper699 said:

Uh, don't bother tuning in at 9:00. Not because it's not a great game (I live here, so I know what this game means), but because it will be over by then... IT'S ON NOW! Duke by 1, with about 4 minutes to go in the first. :ohmy:

ummm thanks... my post was from the original meeting, at cameron indoor...

Back
Top Bottom