Duet From Beyond the Grave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
From E! Online. This is just wrong ...

FROM THE GRAVE: Deceased musicians Biggie Smalls and Bob Marley teaming for a "duet" on the new single, "Hold Ya Hand," which was released Monday via AOL Music.

tupac has released more albums while dead than alive, so why should bob marley and biggie smalls lose out?

:| stupid idea.

No fuckin way! Are people that fuckin stupid? Bob Marley stood for so many things, and it wasnt Ghetto ass negative hip hop. I hope no one buy's this record.

I'd like to think I'm quite a Bob Marley fan and cannot see what is wrong with this record or any other instance in which someone's mixed an artist [dead or alive] with a rap artist...stop being so elitist.

gareth brown said:
I'd like to think I'm quite a Bob Marley fan and cannot see what is wrong with this record or any other instance in which someone's mixed an artist [dead or alive] with a rap artist...stop being so elitist.

get a dictionary. that's not elitism, it's taste.

DeadMansParty said:
they say that there are alot of people who dont even think that they are dead. Im not sure if I belive it though.

Oh yeah, all those guys like Elvis, John Lennon, Jim Morrison and so on aren't really dead. They all hang out together, popping up from time to time to give the Weekly World News something to write about.

:lol:

IWasBored said:
get a dictionary. that's not elitism, it's taste.

how is it taste? saying stuff like 'Bob didn't stand for stuff like this!' is elitism and trying to say it's just personal taste when you're immediately dismissing an artist's vocals being mixed with those of Bob Marley simply because of his usual line of work is ridiculous...

DeadMansParty said:
No fuckin way! Are people that fuckin stupid? Bob Marley stood for so many things, and it wasnt Ghetto ass negative hip hop. I hope no one buy's this record.

christopher wallace was from one of the worst drug infested neighborhoods in the country. he wrote about what he knew.

bob marley was from country going through civil strife. he wrote about what he knew.

there is no difference.

you want to talk about quality of music? well... that's a whole 'nother argument. but don't pull the "ghetto ass negative hip hop" argument. you write about what you know. that's why bono's written so many songs about the troubles, that's why bruce springsteen's written so many songs about jersey... why billy joel writes about long island... why the beach boys write about california.

you write about what you know.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

christopher wallace was from one of the worst drug infested neighborhoods in the country. he wrote about what he knew.

bob marley was from country going through civil strife. he wrote about what he knew.

there is no difference.

you want to talk about quality of music? well... that's a whole 'nother argument. but don't pull the "ghetto ass negative hip hop" argument. you write about what you know. that's why bono's written so many songs about the troubles, that's why bruce springsteen's written so many songs about jersey... why billy joel writes about long island... why the beach boys write about california.

you write about what you know.

And this is why I write about Amstel Lights, The Mets, and Blue Crack

Listen, I want to clear up what I meant, I was just baffled that they would put 2 artists together on a song, one wrote songs called " me and my bitch", with lyrics like " talk slick, and I'll beat you right", and " i put my glock to your headpiece" With another artist who sang about standing up for rights, dont give up the fight, and about " one love". I understand I could have left the ghetto ass negative comment out, but I just dont see how these 2 artists have anything in common with the messages they both stood for, both very different messages.

DeadMansParty said:
Listen, I want to clear up what I meant, I was just baffled that they would put 2 artists together on a song, one wrote songs called " me and my bitch", with lyrics like " talk slick, and I'll beat you right", and " i put my glock to your headpiece" With another artist who sang about standing up for rights, dont give up the fight, and about " one love". I understand I could have left the ghetto ass negative comment out, but I just dont see how these 2 artists have anything in common with the messages they both stood for, both very different messages.

Don't worry. You're right. Bob Marley was the son of a white father and black mother. He was constantly ridiculed as a child because of his mixed heritage.

And they lived in Trenchtown, named Trenchtown because of the open sewer trench that ran through the town.

He knew hate, and sang songs about love and progress. He wrote about changing what he knew and the things he didn't like.

Biggy wrote about what he knew as well. He just got off on it. Plus, there's good $ in being a hard ass.

Aah, I see what you mean now Deadman. I suppose people could argue for the musical side of mixing the two artists rather than the background they both came from. If it sounds good I honestly won't be complaining :huh:

Back
Top Bottom