DST this weekend for US!!! your friendly daylight saving time reminder thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
When we change our clocks

Beginning in 2007, most of the United States begins Daylight Saving Time at 2:00 a.m. on the second Sunday in March and reverts to standard time on the first Sunday in November. In the U.S., each time zone switches at a different time.

In the European Union, Summer Time begins and ends at 1:00 a.m. Universal Time (Greenwich Mean Time). It begins the last Sunday in March and ends the last Sunday in October. In the EU, all time zones change at the same moment.

> See more information about elsewhere in the world.

Spring forward, Fall back

During DST, clocks are turned forward an hour, effectively moving an hour of daylight from the morning to the evening.

DST.jpg

Date change in 2007

On August 8, 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005. This Act changed the time change dates for Daylight Saving Time in the U.S. Beginning in 2007, DST will begin on the second Sunday in March and end the first Sunday in November. The Secretary of Energy will report the impact of this change to Congress. Congress retains the right to resume the 2005 Daylight Saving Time schedule once the Department of Energy study is complete.

leave it to W. to srew things up. :laugh: :tsk:

KhanadaRhodes said:
thank god, i hate dst :mad:

Really? :ohmy:

I'm just the opposite -- I hate it when it gets dark so quickly in the evening. :mad:

I got confused and set my clocks ahead last night. As soon as I realized I was up at 7 on a Sunday morning, I went back to bed for two more hours! :lol:

KhanadaRhodes said:

it's not natural for it to be light outside at like 7 pm :madwife:

Do you live at the equator or something, or just hate the sun? It stays light out here till 9:30-10 pm during the summer...:confused:

KhanadaRhodes said:

it's not natural for it to be light outside at like 7 pm :madwife:

:ohmy:

I love the summertime when it's light until almost 10 pm. :yes:

Since I'm rarely up in the early morning (unless I don't sleep), evening light is more important to me than morning light.

randhail said:
hooray for it not being pitch black out when I wake in the mornings. :yes:

Yeah, that will be nice. Next semester I have to teach first thing in the morning, so I'll be up really early, and it's so hard for me to get up when it's still dark out. It feels so wrong.

indra said:

:ohmy:

I love the summertime when it's light until almost 10 pm. :yes:

Since I'm rarely up in the early morning (unless I don't sleep), evening light is more important to me than morning light.

Same here; I love the sun out so late. It makes it hard to go to bed early, but I'd rather have light at the end of the day than at the beginning, even if I am up well before the crack of dawn's rosy cheeks in the morning.

Now let's all point and laugh at the frightening number of people who appeared at my work an hour early yesterday, and at the dope who turned the clock in the back ahead, making me all excited that it was 6:00 when it was actually only 4 today. :angry:

I have to admit this is the first time I think that the time change has not affected me at all. Even after having been in Britain for 3 weeks, that didn't really affect me, nor was there much of an adjustment getting back. :up:

Back
Top Bottom