Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly together in Philly 9/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Anybody going? It's pretty much a dream show for me, but I don't have anyone else to go with since it's a Thursday night.

Yeah, I also have to be up at 7 the next morning to teach at 8. But I live in Camden, so it takes 5 minutes to get back from Philly. And I'm usually up late as it is. My roommate had to pull out because he has class that night.

Damned school.

I've enjoyed the Dropkick Murphys from what I've heard. I was introduced when "Tessie" made it to the MVP Baseball soundtrack.

"Death Valley Queen" is the biggest ripoff of The Pogues' "Turkish Song of the Damned" I can imagine. Therefore it's a great song. :-D

I seriously love both bands, but for different reasons. DKM can do street punk much better than most, and I think for them the celtic elements are an embellishment that makes them disctinct, but doesn't have to define them. Flogging Molly are more in the tradition of the Pogues or the Tossers, but with louder guitars.

wait I didn't know about this. where? what time? how much?

I probably can't go, because I'd have to skip my seminar, which I'm doing for Bono in 2 weeks...

Festival Pier
Sadly, I'm not going. Both bands tour like crazy, so I'll have other chances to see them. But together like this...

:sad:

Back
Top Bottom