dropkick murphys album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IWasBored said:

the lack of dkm fans here depresses me.

Why? They arent exactly a big band. Nothing to be depressed about. It's not like it's exactly music that everyone would like either.

Shouldnt be suprising that most people have never even heard of them.

u2popmofo said:

Why? They arent exactly a big band. Nothing to be depressed about. It's not like it's exactly music that everyone would like either.

Shouldnt be suprising that most people have never even heard of them.

do you think i have a rational answer for this? no, but it still bugs me.

IWasBored said:

do you think i have a rational answer for this? no, but it still bugs me.

hehehehehe :up:

I like em, I hope that's some consolation

I think they were fun! not my usual style of music, but I may just get used to them. I've already committed to seeing the show next time they're here....

:wink:

ok i am not going to wait for my brother to get home to get a list from him. I think I'll dnld a few songs. Someone want to give me a list?

I assume if you guys like these guys you like Flogging Molly?

:up: flogging molly :up: yes, i like them. i like them a lot.

you want a list of dkm songs to start you off? i'll try to keep it short...

boys on the dock
caught in a jar
skinhead on the MBTA
finnegan's wake
10 years of service
upstarts and broken hearts
boston asphalt
amazing grace
going strong
for boston
the ledgend of finn maccumhail
heros of our past
good rats (you want it to be the version with shane macgowan, not the punk-o-rama compilation version)
forever
caps and bottles
the gauntlet (this and good rats are responsible for me being a DKM fan in the first place)

and you want to head over to their official site and check out "fields of athenry" www.dropkickmurphys.com

:crazy: sorry, that was not a short list...

The big fuck you goes out to all y'all who get to buy said album on the tenth. Some of us are in Japan and not as lucky.

Have I ever told you kids about the time that I saw the Dropkicks when they had Lars playing with them? Classic shit. That was actually the night after a U2 concert too. Hehe. Yeah... I head butted some fool and then had like this big bruise on my eye at Easter dinner then next day. Good times...:wink:

Oh and IWB, you fool, you left off The Gangs All Here and Never Alone. So key. (OK so I have a weakness for Never Alone cuz I got to sing it with them. Sue me. Live is the only way to go though...)

But you want my advice, fuckin start off buying the album Do or Die then work your way up. There are so few albums that you really can't omit that much. They aren't that proficient - yet. We're not talkign Swinging Utters or something here. Invest fools, support your independent record label.

Last edited:
notiti said:
The big fuck you goes out to all y'all who get to buy said album on the tenth. Some of us are in Japan and not as lucky.

You should be able to find it there fine. Just look for one of the HUGE cd-stores in Tokyo.

It should be there.

I actually got a few cds a few days before they were released in the US when I was in Japan.

notiti said:
Oh and IWB, you fool, you left off The Gangs All Here and Never Alone. So key. (OK so I have a weakness for Never Alone cuz I got to sing it with them. Sue me. Live is the only way to go though...)

But you want my advice, fuckin start off buying the album Do or Die then work your way up. There are so few albums that you really can't omit that much. They aren't that proficient - yet. We're not talkign Swinging Utters or something here. Invest fools, support your independent record label.

list compiled on no sleep this morning in the library. if you're going to fuck with anyone about this stuff, go fuck with someone else. i'm not a fool. dkm kicks the crap out of the swingin' utters.

Album comes with a 5 track live DVD???? Yee haw, me likie the sound of that!!!!!!!!!!!

from epitaph records website:

This just announced: The band will be appearing as musical guests on the "Late Night With Conan O?Brien" show this Friday, May the 16th.

They will be playing the song ?Walk Away? from their new album ?Blackout,? which is slated for release on Hellcat Records this June the 10th.

I think I've heard Fields of Athenry once before watching a soccer game...the Glasgow Celtic fans were singing it...and thanks to your radio show dear IWB I am now wanting to listen to some Dropkick Murphys. :up: :)

glad you enjoyed listening, yertle :)

i actually managed to see them play on tv, i put a longish song on the air and ran into the news studio for a couple minutes (that's where the tv is)

and i played a couple dkm songs..."barroom hero" (version from the singles collection) and "gonna be a black out tonight" (punk-o-rama vol. 8)

If you scroll up earlier in this thread, there's a list IWasBored gave of good songs to check out Yertle.

the gauntlet is amazing. "the gauntlet" and "good rats" are responsible for me becoming a dropkicks fan in the first place

"good rats" is good, but "the gauntlet" made me go buy the album (sing loud sing proud)

Back
Top Bottom