Driving! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2002, 01:11 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:29 PM
Driving!

It's My Way AND The Highway
You don't drive that well. Just accept it.

snippet:
"Sure, everyone knows "how to" drive. Everyone knows how to start the car, how to make turns, how to accelerate and brake and blah bling blah. Everyone knows that you shouldn't pass unless there's a dotted-line lane marker; everyone knows that you can't park in front of a fire hydrant.... Everyone learned this stuff at the age of fifteen in driver's ed. Everyone knows how to drive. And yet, three quarters of the people on the road at any given time drive like Stevie Wonder on a Thorazine binge."

Old 10-25-2002, 01:19 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:29 PM
That is so true! I have seen some of the funnest and crazest driving techniques ever.

I have seen a guy drive with his feet even tho he has his hands just so he can drink his coffee

Another guy was a sleep at the wheel and his horn was honking with every bump on the road bc his head would hit the horn

Then of course theres the girls and the guys that change their clothes or put make up on or shave while they are driving.

hehehe that article made me think of all of that and how funny people drive sometimes!

Old 10-25-2002, 01:27 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:29 PM

I was complaining about this to my friend, so she sent me the article.

it's soooo true!! Any 'masshole' will tell ya it is!!

which brings me to the third rule: get on with it. You have to cut me off? Fine, I'll live -- just make it snappy. Don't linger all "sorry, 'scuse me" and tap your brakes. Cut me off, accelerate, and get the hell out of my way already. Ladies, I hate to say it, but it's always women meandering into my lane ahead of me and then refusing to get it in gear. ALWAYS. Men never do that. Men cut me off and boom! gone. If you must get in front of me, GET IN FRONT OF ME, but it isn't a goddamn tea dance.

Old 10-26-2002, 08:47 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:29 PM

i actually find young women to be more aggressive.
they cut you off, flip you the bird, wont let u into their lanes.
i think guys are far more polite to be honest!
i dont care about that crap, its the no waving thankyou for letting someone in that doesnt crank my tractor!
Old 10-26-2002, 08:52 PM   #5
War Child

Local Time: 03:29 AM
Re: Driving!

Quote:
Originally posted by oliveu2cm
snippet:
"Sure, everyone knows "how to" drive. Everyone knows how to start the car, how to make turns, how to accelerate and brake and blah bling blah. Everyone knows that you shouldn't pass unless there's a dotted-line lane marker; everyone knows that you can't park in front of a fire hydrant.... Everyone learned this stuff at the age of fifteen in driver's ed. Everyone knows how to drive. And yet, three quarters of the people on the road at any given time drive like Stevie Wonder on a Thorazine binge."

Nope I CAN'T drive. Am I stupid?
Old 10-27-2002, 06:37 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Local Time: 10:29 PM
Normal

I the people who cut me off only to turn onto a different road a few hundred feet down the road.

I the people who crawl up your ass, even thou you're doing 90...jeez ass just pass me already

I the people who don't use their tickers

I the people who don't know where they are going and slow to turn then don't...buy a freaking map

I the lookie loo's when someone else is pulled over...you can look, but don't drift to the other side of the road to do it.
Old 10-27-2002, 02:38 PM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

I hate it when people drive on the wrong side of the road.

i've been guilty of that at least once before, oops
Old 10-28-2002, 12:44 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zooropamanda
i think guys are far more polite to be honest!

ach yer BALLOX!

DONT stand up for them Manda.

men are ruder............impatient buggers actually........

come and fight me if u must!

Old 10-28-2002, 01:26 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

Quote:
Originally posted by daisybean

I the lookie loo's when someone else is pulled over...you can look, but don't drift to the other side of the road to do it.
oh i love them too. i love how kind these people are to do this in the middle of rush hour traffic and end up backing up traffic for 2 hrs. it is so kind of them.

i also love how rednecks hang the confederate flag over a highway overpass during rush hour to prove that the south will rise again. stupid Johnny Rebels, they tied up evening traffic last week and made my 45 min commute into an 1.5 hour commute because they felt they had a valid point.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:24 PM   #10
MacPhisto's serving wench

wink

My favs:

Okay....the lane is ending. I'll move over now, early, yup, good. But the 10 guys behind me feel the need to drive riiiiiiiiiight up to the very end and then inconvienence everyone by trying to butt in at the last second. Sorry buddddy. You wanna get in front of me now? Uh, no.

Or...gotta those people who keep their blinkers on, but never switch lanes. Makes you just yell, 'WTF?? Are you gonna mooove???"
Old 10-29-2002, 12:28 AM   #11
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 11:29 AM
i can deal with most aspects of other people's bad driving...but the one thing that bugs the shit out of my is when i'm in a hurry, and somehow it's just my luck that i have to end up behind grandpa or grandma moses! AND in a long stretch of a NO passing zone. i could easily park my car, get out, and walk at a leisurely pace to my destination and get there faster than i would if i were to drive behind some of these old folk behind the wheel. and another thing, you think it would be easy to control your vehicle and keep it between the lines going oh, say...5 mph. but nooooooo. grandpa and grandma moses can't even do that.

...the worst part is that this scenario really brings out the road rager in me...which in turn, makes my feel guilty for getting angry at an elderly person. nonetheless, these sort of individuals who have become senile and have lost their motor skills really need to be taken off the road permanantly. that's why i advocate people over a certain age getting re-tested.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:29 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mad1

ach yer BALLOX!

men are ruder............impatient buggers actually........
So I take it your sex-change went pretty good?