Dream On

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badyouken

Acrobat
Hey everybody

I recently heard Eminem's new single Sing for the Moment. I never really liked rap; however, I love the chorus of this song.

I learned that it comes from the Aerosmith song Dream On (I knew the title of the song but never bothered to check it out) and I must say I like it.

But the singer doesn't sound at all like Stephen Tyler, at least not like his voice in the more recent songs (1990-today).

So I'm wondering: who sings it? Tyler? Perry?

It's Stephen Tyler, although I also found it hard to believe when I first heard the song. But at the end, when he starts to scream/sing, it sounds a lot more recognizably like him.

Great song, btw. :yes:

Alright...!

I also noticed at the end that it sounded like him but I still can't picture him singing it...

That's what smoking does to you... bad Steven Tyler!!!

How come all these ugly old rock stars have attractive daughters... oh that's right they sleep with models.

ya his voice actually sounds good on that track.

im not a fan of aerosmith, but that song is indeed a good one. :up:

Ah, the only Aerosmith track I can stand.

Oh, and to be cynical (well, more so): If Eminem is going to sample another track as the chorus for his own, shouldn't he pick something a bit more obscure? It seems lazy to pick a song that everyone already knows and then make a hit out of it.

i saw aerosmith a couple of years ago in los angeles. i'm not a big fan, the tickets were a gift for my boyfriend at the time, so i went along. dream on was actually the highlight of the show. it was an outdoor show, and the song, and the stars...oh, it was really nice. it's a great song.

Back
Top Bottom