Dragons' Den

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilli

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This show has recently started in the UK - I have watched one episode and I am already addicted.:drool:

The idea is that 5 successful business people make judgements on a load of entrepreneurs designs and business ideas and will offer them money if they think it is worth investing in.

Some of the inventions are hilarious - last week a guy made a multi gym that folded up into an armchair and there were a couple of women who were trying to get a load of money for some stupid figures they 'amusingly' called "Bonks". Most of the people on it are a bit clueless.

Has anyone been watching?

The episode last night was entertaining, esp the clueless lady with the clear plastic wellington boots and the guy with the sun lounger bag that kept trying to explain the basics of business to the dragons!

I felt sorry for her, but her idea was pretty crap. I watched some of the previous series, I haven't seen much of this one though...

:yes: This is a great programme.

Some of the ideas are really crap :scratch: but part of the entertainment. The occassional few are sure to work.

There was a follow up show reviewing what had happened to those that got funding from the 1st series. Most didn't go ahead for various reasons, and for those that did it didn't tell you whether they had been a success or not. :shrug:

So-so show last night. "Cucumber condom"??? I liked the guy's idea about the mixing download service although I think the dragon on the end had the better idea of just licensing the software to an existing download service. Having to pay for each track you want to mix kinda limits the market somewhat

That cucumber thing was crap - £8.99 - who'd pay that much for a plastic cap. :huh:

I also though that guys mix-software was a really good idea - I could definitely see iTunes going for something like that - It is probably the idea with the most potential that I have seen on the show so far.

That was a rather heated show last night. They really didn't like the attitude of the lady with the female construction business at all. Plus it was interesting to see them trying to out-bid each other for the poker guy.

I felt very sorry for the guy with that 'baby grippa' invention. It was a really good idea up until the point on the of the dragons pointed out it could be pulled apart so easily - how embarrassing for him!

The construction business lady - she was a bit odd though. She came in all nervous, like she was about to hyperventilate and then the next moment was arguing with them. Not really sure what the point was of the other woman stood with her either.:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom