Dragon Flies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
Do those damn things bite?

I was outside at my pool laying out and enjoying floating around in the pool when a swarm of damn dragon flies came out.

I had to leave thanks to those damn bastards. I am wondering now if those things bite, sting or are just pests?

any clues how to deal with them!? :angry:

I don't think they bite. I'm surprised they would fly so close to you, everytime I've seen them down South, they zoom away the minute you step closer.

I'm not even sure what they eat. Bugs... :huh:

These buggers are daring. They hover over me and tease me like they are about to attack me. Meanwhile here I am on a float freaking out and probably making my neighbors laugh at the spaz attack I am having. :laugh: I hate bugs! :angry:

Dragon flies dont bite. They do love hanging around swimming pools and other bodies of water though. We get lots of them near our pool. As wasps. Wasps scare the hell out of me. :mad:

dragon flies definately do not bite. As beli said they like to hang around bodies ofwater. When I was growing I did a lot of freshwater fishing they (dragonflies) would always hang around and try to land on me but they are harmless.
I don't like snakes, give me bugs any day over a snake especially the copperheads, rattlers anad cottonmouths:scream:

Wasps are evil. :madspit: I was standing at the bus stop last year when one landed in my hair and as I didn't know what it was I just reached up and grabbed hold of it. Then I realised it was a wasp and I practically threw it across the road to get rid of it. Everyone else in the line for the bus thought I was crazy. :coocoo: :lol:

Dragonflies are pretty, but annoying! If you have a colorful swim suit, they always think your boob is a flower and try to land! And I hate when they sit on my bobbers while I'm fishing. I always try to jerk them into the water :macdevil:

ZOOTB said:
Dragon Flies are good. From what I've heard they eat hundreds of mosquitos a day. I live near wetlands and have a lot of mosquitos, so let the dragon flies feast.

Awesome! I didn't know they ate mosquitos. That explains why they like the swamps.

Remember the Cajun dragonfly in The Rescuers...

"Her drag and click had never yielded anything as perfect as a dragonfly"

but that being said....they PISSED ME OFF yesterday.

it was after a rain, and they all fly real low...and I was driving home from work through a dense cloud of them for like 20 minutes. I was enraged...closest I ever got to road rage.

splatter splatter splatter....
GET AWAY FROM MY F**KING NEW CAR YOU ASSHOLES!
what a mess...stupid dragonflies....why couldn't they just fly in the woods off to the side?

I love the beautiful blue dragon flies that cruise through our yard. They're graceful and harmless, and who can argue with insects that eat mosquitoes?

i have to admit i was pretty amazed with the way they fly. it appeared a few were in a battle of sorts. or maybe they were mating. :shrug:

I have a cottage that is surrounded by dragonflies. One time when I was a kid, I caught one and decided to feed it. I gave it a bug of some sort, and it bit my finger (eating the bug) and drew blood, but they would never bite on purpose....

The larvae that crawl up onto the screen door in the early spring are GROSS though! :yuck:

Back
Top Bottom