Downloading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earnie Shavers

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I haven't hit up the 'net for some fresh goodness in a while and now I'm a little behind. It now appears that obviously Kazaa is f*cked. Which is best/easiest now?

Soulseek used to be my one and only :heart: but the last couple months, it's just gone way downhill. It's hard to ever find anything I'm looking for, and when I finally do, it's got MASSIVE queues. :mad:

<-- spurned lover. :angry:

Elvis Presley said:
Im all about bittorent downloading, and indietorrents is the best....

Elvis, i've been trying to sign up to indietorrents for a while now, but it says I need an invite. I don't suppose you could send me one, could you? I'd be very, very grateful.

I mostly use newsgroups, especially alt.binaries.sounds_mp3.indie, a.b.s_mp3.complete_cd and a.b.s_mp3.full_albums.

I used to be an emusic subscriber and discovered countless bands back when you could download up to 2500 mp3s a month for $10. :drool: I haven't been there in awhile, thinking about joining again though.

i have gone from using audiogalaxy (a looong time ago, but it was still BY FAR the best program i have used) to blubster (it was crap and always froze my computer) to kazaa (too much spyware and viruses) to kazaa lite k++ (was cool and worked well, until the fake songs started getting put in) to soulseek now (it's okay, and really good for finding less mainstream type stuff imo).

Shareaza is good, no fake songs at alol, lots of material out there. Finally got a divx rip of popmart mexico for my computer. If you use a router though, you must open up some ports(it says in the faq) for it to truly work well.

Elvis Presley said:
Im all about bittorent downloading, and indietorrents is the best....

Indietorrents... :drool:

I was invited by a work friend of mine, and signed up last month. I'm not allowed to invite anybody yet :(

OiNK's is good too :up:

neutral said:
I mostly use newsgroups, especially alt.binaries.sounds_mp3.indie, a.b.s_mp3.complete_cd and a.b.s_mp3.full_albums.

Hi Neutral:

Where / How do you find these newsgroups? Thanks.

Kev

elevatedmole said:
Soulseek used to be my one and only :heart: but the last couple months, it's just gone way downhill. It's hard to ever find anything I'm looking for, and when I finally do, it's got MASSIVE queues. :mad:
Here's what you've gotta do: browse people's lists. Whenever you find someone with something cool who miraculously doesn't have a queue out to heaven, see what else he has. Check the people who are downloading from you too (if they aren't sharing anything, ban them, since leeches are the reason the network is starting to suck); most people give extra slots for people they're getting stuff from.

So anyway, once you've got a decently sized userlist, you can hop on whenever you're bored and just browse some people's lists. Not great if you're looking for one specific thing, but cool if you're just looking for interesting stuff in general. The search function is decentralized and weird, so it doesn't find everything, so a lot of people on your list will have no queues.

Last edited:
Bean_Counter said:

Hi Neutral:

Where / How do you find these newsgroups? Thanks.

Kev

Check with your ISP - Sometimes, your ISP provides downloading from the newsgroups for free.....

I don't have a tutorial here @ work, but if you PM me, I will look at home.

shrmn8rpoptart said:
i have gone from using audiogalaxy (a looong time ago, but it was still BY FAR the best program i have used)

I want to cry when I think about how good audiogalaxy was....Soulseek and a handful of bit torrent sites are okay, but I'm finding it increasingly hard to find anything I'm actually looking for. :slant:

Back
Top Bottom