Download Oasis's New Album! A Classic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HOLY SHIT!!!!! Little by Little is an absolutely amazing song. I love the chorus part

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Originally posted by Gcat:
bollocks, u ignorant fool, this is all new oasis material except force of nature which wasnt released anyways, stop crying your heart out is a classic tune and they have never released it on any of their earlier cd's nor have they done anything like it... do ur research before posting you monkey

Live forever! pure rock n roll bliss

HAHAHA oh man...Oasis' new album is not a classic, but this post sure is!

Thanks for giving him the clarification, tomtom, he was in sore need of it.

Originally posted by mug222:
I've heard "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" on every album Oasis has ever put out. There's no way this is a classic: it's hardly even new material. Trash it.

Every band has to retread older material in some way, even U2. Many of the themes and music styles remain constant within every album. Just accept these songs for what they are--heartfelt tunes. Sure Stop Crying sounds somewhat like Don't Go Away or Wonderwall, but it's true to itself, and it succeeds as a great track here. If you don't like the music, fair enough. But I would never say its not new material. It's different from anything they've done before, and I think the band sounds great together here.

I think the album, if promoted well, has great commercial potential. This album is very focused, and the band should use that to their advantage.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Every band has to retread older material in some way, even U2.

Unfortunately, this is often the case, and it is the reason I no longer like "All That You Can't Leave Behind," save for 2 or 3 songs (one of which is New York, because it sounds almost entirely new to my ears).

However, you make this statement as if it is an undeniable truth. That's not the case, and for proof check out Wilco. From A.M. to Being There to Summerteeth and especially to their latest Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, they have never retread once. Their evolution has been remarkable--it should be the goal for any aspiring band--and has resulted in truly a remarkable album in YHF, a record that will set the bar for this decade when it drops later this month.

Just accept these songs for what they are--heartfelt tunes. Sure Stop Crying sounds somewhat like Don't Go Away or Wonderwall, but it's true to itself, and it succeeds as a great track here. If you don't like the music, fair enough. But I would never say its not new material. It's different from anything they've done before, and I think the band sounds great together here.

I would argue that they're not heartfelt--Stop Crying... sounds nice the first time and increasingly trite on each successive listen--but that's admittedly a hard claim to make either way. What's not hard to claim is that Oasis repeatedly, clearly, and unashamedly poach their own riffs and melodies, and it gives me the distinct impression that I've been listening to Heathen Chemistry for years. And not in a good way.

I think the album, if promoted well, has great commercial potential.

This I agree with, unfortunately. Although Oasis' is somewhat better than most of the crap that currently clutters the charts, it saddens me that Wilco's masterpiece will go relatively unnoticed, most likely.

Well, I didn't mean literally every band. I meant every band looking for commercial success--I realize there is a large difference. I don't know if a band can succeed by continuously changing their sound too much, or they risk losing members of their audience. We saw this with U2, who seemed to alienate many of their fans with Zooropa and Pop. Most bands just aren't willing to take that kind of risk. And really, they should be allowed to make whatever music they want to.

I admit I don't know much about Wilco, but they certainly don't sound like the type of band looking for huge commercial success. I applaud them for doing what they want to, but realize that in order to be a pop band, you usually have to write pop songs. Oasis have never been the type of band to make incredibly groundbreaking music, but rather straight ahead rock music that gets on the radio and that people can sing along to. Nothing wrong with that.

As for shamelessly borrowing, well Noel put it best saying "Why write your own tunes when you can nick someone else's?" They're not trying to hide it, so I figure just let them do what they need to. If the music's good, that's really all I care about.

------------------

Oh man, love the album!

Little by little is just awesome. The best moment: "You know I didn't mean/What I Just Said/But my God woke up on the wrong side of his bed". WOW. Classic.

Songbird, I wish this song was longer. Its sooooooooooooo good. It's unique, very diff for Oasis. Liam sounds great.

Still listening...
smile.gif

'My heart will never be your home'

I wonder what Wilco's new album will sound like but to say that they don't repeat a sound on following albums isn't necessarily true IMO. Some of the songs on Being There could have been on Summer Teeth or vice versa.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

[This message has been edited by Flying FuManchu (edited 04-10-2002).]

Originally posted by Flying FuManchu:
I wonder what Wilco's new album will sound like but to say that they don't repeat a sound on following albums isn't necessarily true IMO. Some of the songs on Being There could have been on Summer Teeth or vice versa.

There may be passing moments of similarity but you can hardly call Summerteeth (gorgeous, Beach Boys-like lush pop) a repetition of Being There (alt-country rock/pop), like you can say for Oasis or even for U2 at times.

By the way, why wonder what Yankee Hotel Foxtrot will sound like? It's been out on the internet for a year. It's better than any of their previous efforts (which says a lot) and it's the best music I've heard in 5 years (which says even more).

Oh and in response to Foxxern: Point taken. All that really matters is whether you like the music, and I'm glad you do. I can't enjoy the music because I've been tired of these songs for 5 years. Just my personal opinion, of course.

[This message has been edited by mug222 (edited 04-10-2002).]

Shit! I missed this! Anyone know where I can download it? The other sites aren't working.

Too lazy to do it. I really hate Audio Galaxy and Kazaa in terms of downloading music b/c the quality of music and the difficulty in finding it. I'm willing to wait and buy the album. Wilco is a great band but I just started hearing about them/ listening to them over the past couple of months. Oasis I've been a fan for a while and the link was here so...

Simple enough explanation. I will buy new Wilco when it comes out.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Originally posted by mikal:
Shit! I missed this! Anyone know where I can download it? The other sites aren't working.

try audiogalaxy, many of the songs are there. use the track list found in this thread.

Andy

okay baker, I DLd the tunes, and was not impressed; however, I've never really listened to Oasis much. But I DLd a few of their tunes from Kazaa and am now hooked on "Morning Glory" - I play it constantly. If more of their stuff sounded like that one, I'd def. be a fan...

Originally posted by Discoteque:
okay baker, I DLd the tunes, and was not impressed; however, I've never really listened to Oasis much. But I DLd a few of their tunes from Kazaa and am now hooked on "Morning Glory" - I play it constantly. If more of their stuff sounded like that one, I'd def. be a fan...

If you like the song Morning Glory a lot, you might actually want to go with the album before that, which was called Definitely Maybe. It has more of an in-your-face rock sound like MG.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom