Download Oasis's New Album! A Classic! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2002, 04:36 AM   #16
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:43 PM
"Songbird" is really good! I cannot believe Liam Gallagher even wrote this song. I guess the world will be ending soon.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Old 04-08-2002, 04:43 AM   #17
New Yorker

This album is pretty psychedelic and soft... I like it...

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Old 04-08-2002, 05:35 AM   #18
War Child

ok, they took the mp3's down from the site. i guess i got here a little late....can someone PLEASE post the mp3's here so i can download them....i'm dying to hear them............PLEASE!!!!!

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01
Old 04-08-2002, 10:16 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

me too me too!

downloaded them at home yesterday....the weren't there today, blargh!

Quote:
Originally posted by U2One:
ok, they took the mp3's down from the site. i guess i got here a little late....can someone PLEASE post the mp3's here so i can download them....i'm dying to hear them............PLEASE!!!!!

Old 04-08-2002, 10:48 AM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 08:43 PM
Well, if you guys use mIRC, there are several people in DALnet channel #madferit who are serving the album. I don't have an FTP server, sorry, but I'll also share on Kazaa.

------------------
Change is the only constant
Old 04-08-2002, 12:27 PM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 02:43 AM
Songbird is freakin amazing

Go to yahoo, search Oasis, and go to "underneath the sky" and go the message board. you'll find a link to the mp3's. or go to www.oa515.com and search there!

Masterpiece...still listening..
Old 04-08-2002, 06:19 PM   #22
Refugee

Local Time: 07:43 PM
I am d/l them right now at:
http://www.theshitesite.com/heathenchemistry.htm

I love the name...sooo oasis!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono
Old 04-08-2002, 06:31 PM   #23
The Fly

Local Time: 03:43 AM
I really like Oasis. I have all of their albums but i'm pretty dissapointed by Heathen Chemistry. Don't get me wrong. The album is alright, but its not great or can even be classified as amazing.

I think the Hindu Times, Songbird, Stop Crying Your Eyes Out, and She Is Love are standout tracks. The rest of the album is boring and mediocre.

The instrumental which is track seven sounds like George Harrison's All Those Years Ago. Forces of Nature has Instant Karma's drum beat. Hung in A Bad Place and BetterMan sound like throwaways. The lyrics on the entire album are uninspiring and really say nothing to me.

In my opinion, Be Here Now was Oasis's last great masterpiece. Even though critics have bashed that album, if you listen to the whole album, its top notch rock in roll played with ball. It has an in your face attitude. The bsides like Stay Young and Going Nowhere were so good that they belonged on the album as well.

I hope Heathen Chemistry is a hit unlike Standing which was an absolute embarrasment of an album but Heathen is by no means a classic album nor is it the Gallaghers best work.

Liam said in NME's latest mag that Oasis are more important than U2 or REM. Noel Gallagher has slagged off Radiohead recently. I think it all comes down to the quality of music one is making and if Heathen Chemistry is any indication, both gallagher's should shut their mouths.
Old 04-08-2002, 09:25 PM   #24
The Fly

Head on the verge of explosion...too many people writing rambling posts about album being shit without giving it time to sink in...mind remembering back when people said that 'beautiful day' was terrible and bono's voice was shot...pain, PAIN, PAIN! Give it time.

I love Oasis.

------------------
Mac Phisto's N.Y. Headquarters
Old 04-08-2002, 10:15 PM   #25
Refugee

aaaahhh, i love it! we need more rock music out there right now!!
*runs off to listen to it again!*

thanks baker!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
lost on a silent planet
two lone, rising stars
locked in a silent planet
so close and yet so far...
Old 04-08-2002, 10:57 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I haven't heard this album yet, but the thought of Oasis coming out with a great album makes me deliriously happy!I do have "The Hindu Times" on pre-order from amazon.com.uk and should have it in about 2 weeks.

The first three Oasis albums (yes, that includes "Be Here Now") are the best albums of the 90's not released by U2. I think they're great, although I wish Liam would learn to behave...!

Old 04-08-2002, 11:35 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I'm not really a big fan of Oasis...sure, the singles I've heard are good...although, I can't say I've heard an Oasis single since the mid-90s. However, I really enjoyed this album. It's a shame I'm going to have to wait until this summer to get it. Little By Little is probably my favorite track. Songbird, The Hindu Times, and Hung In A Bad Place are others that stood out to me. I wouldn't say it's a classic, but it's nice to see some good rock n roll.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:04 AM   #28
Refugee

Yup, I think this album has great comeback potential after the transitionary and unfocused Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants, as well as the overblown (to the critics) Be Here Now. If Sony can manage to properly promote Heathen Chemistry, they could have a real hit on their hands. With The Hindu Times as the first single, they picked a great song to showcase some of the best sides of Oasis. Next they should probably go with either Little By Little or She Is Love, followed by Hung In A Bad Place. People could see the varied sides of the album, and manage to make Oasis popular again here in the US.

------------------
Change is the only constant
Old 04-09-2002, 08:18 AM   #29
The Fly

bollocks, u ignorant fool, this is all new oasis material except force of nature which wasnt released anyways, stop crying your heart out is a classic tune and they have never released it on any of their earlier cd's nor have they done anything like it... do ur research before posting you monkey

Live forever! pure rock n roll bliss
Old 04-09-2002, 12:05 PM   #30
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:43 AM
I think what he meant was it sounds very similar to other Oasis songs,recycled if you like.