Download new Coldplay tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the link!

Martin has come up with some really interesting melodies for this album. My thoughts on these so far after 1 listen:

Square One: I think that this will be a definite grower--towards the very end I was really digging it.
What If: Beautiful song in the vein of "The Scientist."
Talk: the new version sounds awesome! Definitely could be an album highlight.
X&Y: Strange guitar, strange melody--freakin awesome IMO.
Swallowed By The Sea: Eh, no big impression so far.
Fix You: Another beautiful ballad.

spencr00 said:
i have to say, i was worried. i hated the bootlegs of the new songs, but im loving the studio stuff...

Yeah I was really worried too because I thought the bootleg recordings were shit, but this stuff sounds great now on my 2nd listen.

Zoomerang96 said:
i'm curious.

have they progressed at ALL with their sound?

You tell me.

Here's "X & Y." Right now it's my favorite of the new songs.

http://s47.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=1858LEVH4K6OJ30G1ZUKGJ0NCI

What If and Fix You are more of the normal coldplay type songs, but I hear progression in every one of these new so far though. I can't wait to hear the album in full!

Last edited:
macphisto23 said:
Yes, Im downloading it, but can you play zip files on windows media?

Yeah you can play them with windows media. when you open the file you can play the individual files, but it's best to "unzip" them--which you should find to do easily enough.

im really like swallowed in the sea...that and talk are my favs right now. hopefully the whole album will have leaked by morning

This album is amazing! I think Coldplay have just delivered the album of the year! Truly amazing music.

I'm trying so hard to not listen to anything until the record comes out. Its hard though. I'm so curious. I have been watching the video from SNL, and absolutley love Fix You, so I let myself listen to the studio version, and I think its so great, I absolutely love the way it ends, the harmonies are so very cool, and good. I love that melody. I have had it stuck in my head. So that will be my song until I hear the rest.

U2IrishOne said:
I'm trying so hard to not listen to anything until the record comes out. Its hard though. I'm so curious. I have been watching the video from SNL, and absolutley love Fix You, so I let myself listen to the studio version, and I think its so great, I absolutely love the way it ends, the harmonies are so very cool, and good. I love that melody. I have had it stuck in my head. So that will be my song until I hear the rest.

Yeah, you don't have long to wait anymore. Only 1 more week!

The album will stream for free on coldplay.com beginning at 7PM EST tomorrow May 30th. I am looking forward to "A message" and "white shadows" especially.

Zoomerang96 said:
i'm curious.

have they progressed at ALL with their sound?

Nope, in my opinion, they haven't, nada, zilch, nothing.
It's Coldplay-day at a local radio station here and they're playing 1 song of the new album every hour and so far, it sounds like a snooze-fest to me.
I'm very dissapointed because I consider myself a Coldplay-fan, but these new songs so far haven't even been able to hold my interest for the duration of the song. :|

I liked Speed of Sound initially, but after 10-ish listens, I am totally bored with it.

Back
Top Bottom