Download new Coldplay tracks - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-31-2005, 07:31 PM   #151
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 54
Local Time: 03:18 PM
Could a kind hearted soul send the files to me? All the sites seem to be down...

killerklown17@mac.com
__________________

__________________
killerklown24 is offline  
Old 05-31-2005, 07:36 PM   #152
Acrobat
 
scarlet october's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 467
Local Time: 04:18 PM
you can download all the tracks here ... http://www.mtvasia.com/Video/Feature...048/index.html

Personally I think this album is brilliant.
__________________

__________________
scarlet october is offline  
Old 05-31-2005, 07:40 PM   #153
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 54
Local Time: 03:18 PM
unfortunately, I am on a mac so the links dont work for me...
__________________
killerklown24 is offline  
Old 05-31-2005, 07:43 PM   #154
Acrobat
 
scarlet october's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 467
Local Time: 04:18 PM
h
ttp://www.mtvasia.com/Video/Feature/20050530000048/index.html

I put the address , will that work?
__________________
scarlet october is offline  
Old 05-31-2005, 08:00 PM   #155
War Child
 
learn2kneel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In the headlights of a stretch car...
Posts: 855
Local Time: 04:18 PM
why doesn't chris martin sing the "who-o-o-a-a-o" part in fix you on the album version that he sang live at SNL. they make the song in my opinion. Hopefull itll be on the single version.
__________________
learn2kneel is offline  
Old 05-31-2005, 08:10 PM   #156
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,540
Local Time: 04:18 PM
OK I've been listening and it's a great record!
__________________
one4u2 is offline  
Old 06-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #157
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,699
Local Time: 03:18 PM
I think Speed of Sound is one of Coldplay's weakest songs, it bores me. I'm not sure why they chose it as their lead off single. I heard 2 other songs from the album today on the radio and didn't really care for them. The song White Shadows is great musically but Chris came up with a horible melody.

I love their first two albums but this one I'll probably hold off on buying...for a long time.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-01-2005, 03:36 PM   #158
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,540
Local Time: 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I think Speed of Sound is one of Coldplay's weakest songs, it bores me. I'm not sure why they chose it as their lead off single. I heard 2 other songs from the album today on the radio and didn't really care for them. The song White Shadows is great musically but Chris came up with a horible melody.

I love their first two albums but this one I'll probably hold off on buying...for a long time.

White Shadows is my favorite so far


Fix Me I can do without
__________________
one4u2 is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 03:22 AM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
zwervers2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 4,158
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Wellllllllllllllllllllll

After a few listens I must say I'm not extremely impressed...

Square one:
musically is great, Chris Martin voice ruines the song for me completely.

What if: someone here called it meaningfull at first listen but in the end it turns out to be whinning. Couldn't agree more.

White shadows: Unforgettable fire guitar and I love the music(reminds me of my own band seriously), again Chris his voice is a bit annoying here..good song!!!

Low: Great song!! Good use of the synth here..good coldplay chorus...

A message: Chris sings pretty good here and it sounds pretty good.

The hardest part: MEDIOCRE!!!!!!

X&Y: Stop with this enormously boring falssetto Chris: you're not Bono at this peak or Thom Yorke, stick to what you do best..
It doens't strike me.

Twisted logic: Radiohead would have made a classic of this material lol

Speed of sound: Not too bad, nice song..reminds me of kate bush for some strange reason...oh yeah running up that hill lol

Fix you. Hate it: Chris his voice really makes me want to hit a wall or something.

Talk: nice song..

Till Kingdom come: Proud Mary keeps on burning..What the **** ever


Verdict after 3 listens: 6.2/10

Not bad but certainly not a classic...God compare this to OK computer or Achtung baby...doesn't hold a candle.
Chris should stop with his mediocre falsetto which is getting on my nerves..It becomes a trick and I hate that...

Have a nice day everyone!!!!

Scrabble
__________________
zwervers2 is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 03:40 AM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
zwervers2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 4,158
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Till kingdom come: everytime I hear it I think he will begin to sing"it's christmastime, there's no need to be afraid"
__________________
zwervers2 is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 07:31 AM   #161
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,477
Local Time: 04:18 PM
clancy3434@yahoo.com

hook a brotha up por favor
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 08:03 AM   #162
Refugee
 
bsp77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,956
Local Time: 03:18 PM
Ok, zwervers2 gave his track-by-track, so I thought I would too. We disagree on most tracks.

Square One: Great opener, mixture of atmospherics and a strong guitar. The opening really reminds me of the beginning of Pink Floyd's Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

What If: A more beatlesque version of The Scientist. Very good, but not quite The Scientist.

White Shadows: Coldplay stole a tape of Edge playing guitar from 1984 and stuck it into this song. Despite this theft, it is a great, driving rock song.

Fix You: Sounds cliche at first, but once I realize he is singing about his baby and how he will always be there for her, it made me almost cry. The guitar that comes in at the midway point is fantastic, as are the harmony vocals. Maybe the best song on the album.

Talk: Different than the early leak, but still great. I love the guitar line even if they stole it from Kraftwerk. (But they did ask for the rights, so it's all good).

X&Y: Extremely atmospheric. Sounds like Doves could have made this one. Also very good.

Speed of Sound: I have grown to really like this. My first impression was Clocks ripoff, but the chorus is very inspirational.

A Message: For me, this is somewhat of a stumble. While the song is pretty good, it sounds too much like it could have been on Parachutes. After all of the eclectric guitar, piano and synths on the first 7 songs, the acoustic guitar sounds horribly out of place, and pulls you away from being immersed in the album.

Low: Another more rocking tune with some Edge sounding guitar (like White Shadows) but just not as good. Nothing wrong with the song, just not doing much for me yet.

The Hardest Part: This is a song that REM wishes they could make. I love REM, but they have not been the same since Berry left. The piano in this song is pure Mills and the jangly guitar is pure Buck. Gotta love it.

Swallowed in the Sea: Not sure about the synthy intro but once it gets going the vocals become very hypnotic and the guitar is almost twangy.

Twisted Logic: Definitely sounds like Radiohead, and it has surprisingly crunchy sounding guitar for Coldplay. Great closer, but then there is the "Hidden" track.

Til Kingdom Come: Not sure how this is hidden, but anyway. This was apparently written for Johnny Cash just before he died. Great little acoustic number that doesn't kill the mood like A Message since it is at the end.

As you can tell, I am very happy with the album overall. Better than Parachutes and I haven't decided how it compares to Rush of Blood yet.
__________________
bsp77 is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 08:41 AM   #163
War Child
 
deltau922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 573
Local Time: 03:18 PM
Any lyrics for this album yet. I've been listening for the last 24 hours and now I wanna git my SING on!
__________________
deltau922 is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 08:48 AM   #164
Refugee
 
bsp77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,956
Local Time: 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by deltau922
Any lyrics for this album yet. I've been listening for the last 24 hours and now I wanna git my SING on!
Go to the forum at Coldplaying.com, they have lyric threads there.
__________________
bsp77 is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 09:51 AM   #165
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
zwervers2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 4,158
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bsp77
Ok, zwervers2 gave his track-by-track, so I thought I would too. We disagree on most tracks.

Square One: Great opener, mixture of atmospherics and a strong guitar. The opening really reminds me of the beginning of Pink Floyd's Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

What If: A more beatlesque version of The Scientist. Very good, but not quite The Scientist.

White Shadows: Coldplay stole a tape of Edge playing guitar from 1984 and stuck it into this song. Despite this theft, it is a great, driving rock song.

Fix You: Sounds cliche at first, but once I realize he is singing about his baby and how he will always be there for her, it made me almost cry. The guitar that comes in at the midway point is fantastic, as are the harmony vocals. Maybe the best song on the album.

Talk: Different than the early leak, but still great. I love the guitar line even if they stole it from Kraftwerk. (But they did ask for the rights, so it's all good).

X&Y: Extremely atmospheric. Sounds like Doves could have made this one. Also very good.

Speed of Sound: I have grown to really like this. My first impression was Clocks ripoff, but the chorus is very inspirational.

A Message: For me, this is somewhat of a stumble. While the song is pretty good, it sounds too much like it could have been on Parachutes. After all of the eclectric guitar, piano and synths on the first 7 songs, the acoustic guitar sounds horribly out of place, and pulls you away from being immersed in the album.

Low: Another more rocking tune with some Edge sounding guitar (like White Shadows) but just not as good. Nothing wrong with the song, just not doing much for me yet.

The Hardest Part: This is a song that REM wishes they could make. I love REM, but they have not been the same since Berry left. The piano in this song is pure Mills and the jangly guitar is pure Buck. Gotta love it.

Swallowed in the Sea: Not sure about the synthy intro but once it gets going the vocals become very hypnotic and the guitar is almost twangy.

Twisted Logic: Definitely sounds like Radiohead, and it has surprisingly crunchy sounding guitar for Coldplay. Great closer, but then there is the "Hidden" track.

Til Kingdom Come: Not sure how this is hidden, but anyway. This was apparently written for Johnny Cash just before he died. Great little acoustic number that doesn't kill the mood like A Message since it is at the end.

As you can tell, I am very happy with the album overall. Better than Parachutes and I haven't decided how it compares to Rush of Blood yet.
Nice review and funny how people tend to listen to the same song in a completely different way. It's not like this a bad album or anything. I'm a little dissapointed in the band's direction and especially in the singingparts I'm not extremely overwhelmed to say the least. a couple of good to very good tracks but too many "fillers"so to speak. And the Rolling Stone "5" star review is a joke especially mentoining ONE...

Take care everybody
__________________

__________________
zwervers2 is offline  
 

Tags
coldplay

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com