"Down With Love" - Anyone Going to See It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
New Ewan McGregor/Renee Zellweger movie... Has anyone seen it, or planning to see it? Any thoughts?

story.mcgregor.zellweger.jpg

no.
but it has good reviews.

renee z does nothing for me..she just gives me the heebies.

db3

I'm going to see it - especially since Ewan is in it :D

But my local theater isn't showing it this week, because they have that Matrix thing on SIX screens :banghead:

I read an interesting article today about the costumes-they aren't vintage, they were all created especially for the movie. The reviewer gave it three stars out of four, but wasn't too keen on Renee's performance for some reason..

It looks so different from anything that's out there right now, and I try to see movies like that.

Id like to see it... Ilike Ewan and Renee...and the whole 60s thing looks pretty cool.

I'm seing it tomorrow nite.......:heart: Ewan, and I could never say a harsh word about the woman who played Bridget Jones.....

I too am interested in it. I love old movies and this seems to be a take on them. And Ewan McGregor. :heart:

I saw it today and it pretty much fulfilled all my expectations. First, I love all the Doris Day movies Down With Love was inspired by and it was so fun to see the clothes and the houses and all that. Ewan is fabulous, he is so adorable and cheeky and does everything with this winking, tongue-in-cheek thing. Renee is not fabulous, she's trying too hard to be cute and sexy yet demure, her speaking voice is too breathy and she does this weird swishy walk thing that's really annoying. The story has a few holes and there's this one way too long, over-the-top exposition scene, but overall it's cute and not a bad way to spend a couple of hours. David Hyde Pierce is great in all his scenes, must give him props for stepping into Tony Randall's awkward shoes. Oh, and Ewan's shirtless and in boxers quite a bit, so that's a definite plus. Renee's and Sarah Paulson's clothes are too die for, wish Renee would stop starving herself though (that's probably a discussion for another time, another thread).

Last edited:
I hate renee..but my love my Ewan far excedes my hate for renee. I want to see it so bad! I have to go like 20 miles away to see it cause my theater doesn't have it. Damn matrix, x-2.... I went to the down with love site and explored it thoroughly and have been antisipating this movie for a long time!!

i saw it last night and loved it. the plotline was rather interesting. it had a predictable ending, but how it gets there is what's interesting.

also, i looooved the 60s everything in the movie. the sets, the clothes...:love:

I saw it today. It was "cute." I'm not really one for romantic-comedies, so I don't think I would have a valid synthesis of the duo's dynamics, but the set designs were absolutely awesome.

Back
Top Bottom