Doves on Conan tonight (5/19)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Posting this a little late, but hopefully someone will catch it.

Doves are on Conan tonight, what do you think they'll play?

Black and White Town? Something else new? Free Bird?

We will find out tonight. :up:

Oh crap. How did I miss this, I was in here last night. How were they?

It was pretty good, they played 'Black and White Town'. For some reason I couldnt hear the bass at all, not sure if it was the shows sound set up, or my friend's TV. The drummer is fun to watch live, he makes crazy faces.

One thing I noticed is that Conan said, "Thanks for coming back" after the song was over. Kind of like he likes them or personally asked for them to come back on the show, that was cool. :up:

EDIT: I just spoke with my buddy who's a big Doves fan, he said at the very end of the show (when they're going out to credits), Conan thanked Doves for being on, and said, "I really like those guys". So I guess he is a fan. Dear Conan O'Brien, you are awesome.

Last edited:
Conan says that about most bands...hopefulyl he really does like them and isnt just saying that for the sakes of saying it....
but wasnt radioehad the first musical guest to appear on the show? if so, I hope Conan had somehting to do with it which goes to show he has good taste in the music department :up:

"cool down my babies" :rockon::wink:

joyfulgirl said:
Oh crap. How did I miss this, I was in here last night. How were they?

In some markets they repeat the program the next week a couple of hours later, so you might want to check an see if that happens where you are. If they do that it would be on the same night of the week. I've caught a few bands that I missed the first time around.

Back
Top Bottom