Doves @ Maine Road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i wish i could see them. they weren't suppose to play anymore shows and then they do this and some festivals this summer.

C'mon guys....either get in the studio and give us a new record or if you insist on playing shows come over here to canada so i can finally get to see you.

oasis were suppose to play too but rumor has it that noel and liam couldn't agree on anything so the idea was sacked. Also it was rumored that they wanted to be the only band playing or they didn't wanna do it. i find that last one a bit hard to believe since noel at least is a doves fan and they did open for them at wembly a few years back. but ya never know...but that would have been a great double bill though. :shrug:

yertle-the-turtle said:
I haven't seen them at all. :( Or U2. Or Oasis. Or what-not.

Dear musicians whom I like, please consider a South-east Asian tour sometime in the future.

Latin America too! :scream:

Doves are amazing live. I saw them in Vancouver last October. They let you come and dance with them on stage at the end of the night! It was one of the best nights of my life, actually.

Ok, had to share this because it's so fun...in the glastonbury edition of NME, they have blurbs on what bands to see...the end of the one on doves:
''This year, many things are certain: if they include 'Pounding' in their Other Stage set on Sunday, leery beerboy psychopaths will hug strangers, the sun will come out and somewhere in the Healing Fields a baby will be born. And who can say no to that?"
:heart:

Really weird

This morning I was actually thinking about how I lost interest in Doves after seeing them live. I wasn't really into it so much.

It could have to do with the fact that I saw Gomez right after that and was completely blown away. :bow:

I saw Doves last year. Great show, I wish though that I had listened to their latest album a bit more before going.

They really deserve to be as big as Coldplay; it's a pity they don't have a Chris Martin in the band, :)

Back
Top Bottom