Doves, Elbows....and Finley Quaye!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I heard about the two bands a few times (I think I heard Doves - There goes the fear - is that them? I liked that), so what do they sound like? Are they good?

I heard "Spiritualized", "Sunshine Sunday" and another song from Quaye...and I'm interested into hearing more. Any reccomendations?

...I also heard of the Smiths plenty of times - any thoughts on them?

If you liked "There Goes the Fear" by Doves, you'd probably like The Last Broadcast, their second album. I like the first one (Lost Souls) better because it's a little more atmospheric, which The Last Broadcast is pretty upbeat. Both are really good, though. My favourite songs by them are "The Man Who Told Everything," "The Cedar Room," "Satelites," and "Pounding."

Elbow....their whole album is perfect. Really, there's not a single song on it that I don't love. "Asleep In the Back" and "Scattered Black and Whites" are probably my favourites, though.

The Smiths...."How Soon Is Now" is a classic, of course. I also LOVE "There Is a Light That Never Goes out" (Neil Finn does a good cover too) and like "Cemetary Gates" and "This Charming Man." They have lots of good songs, though. I could go on forever. ;)

I :heart: Doves!!!!!!!!

Doves.jpg

sorry just couldn't help myself. posted it somewhere else and i felt the need to do it again.

jimi :drool:

anyway....the last broadcast is amazing as well as lost souls. i'm so hooked it's not even funny.

Doves are good! Even better live. But I must say... I prefer Elbow. Bought their CD a few weeks back and like meg said- there is not a bad song on the album.

:shrug: don't know anything about the Smiths.

I couldn't pick between Elbow and Doves. I love em both. Elbow might be better...but Doves are probably more user-friendly. Ie. easier to get into quicker.

I would buy Last Broadcast, Lost Souls, and Asleep in the Back asap. :up:

sorry thought I saw Finley Quaye's name on a thread, mustve been mistaken...

I have both of his cds, used to be more into him than I am now, but he's still cool (supposed to be a bit arrogant though...)

I recommend anything off the first cd (Maverick a Strike) pretty much, its definitely the better of the 2

Back
Top Bottom