Doves/Elbow Washington show reviews??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawkfire

The Fly
Well? What's the word, DC concert goers? How was tonight's Doves/Elbow show @ the 9:30 club? Did Elbow play 'Asleep in the Back'? Did the Doves bring the house down? Need reviews/setlists, Meg, Jenn, et al....THX!!

Also posted in Sulas, thread(which is getting too long to keep up with!!!) I'm wondering about Spaceface--(The doves last song of the setlist) :confused: Where can I get this track? is it even theirs? Is it a B-side? It was great!!

Thanks for any help in advance!

I posted this in Sula's thread, but in case you haven't read it, yes, Spaceface is a Sub Sub track.

The DC show was interesting....

methinks we need an elbow/doves forum! :D;)

*can't wait to hear all the details of the show*

And I really want to get that SubSub tune. It frickin' rocked when they played it here! Everyone was grooving!

The DC show was interesting....
:yes:
Amazing show....no asleep in the back, but fantastic nonetheless. Yeah, the energy level on spaceface is unbelievable. :)

Ummm...let me take a minute to formulate more of a reply here...megan?

Oh, I took pictures - hoping to get them developed & scanned today, so I might have them up tomorrow! :)

Only some of the pictures, please. I know some are going to be bad.... :eek:

Jenn, I'm still trying to formulate a reply too! :lol: :confused:

Okay....in summary....the bus was really nice. I'm not in New York with them because I had to work today.

Um, I think that's about it..... :eek:

ok, i'll attempt some sort of summary here:
Megan, feel free to add to this :)
The show was amazing, of course. Guy Garvey's voice is incredible, and doves are so much fun - jez is wonderful. :) During spaceface, guy & craig were up on the balcony, blowing bubbles down on the stage. It was really funny. Megan & I were going crazy , but some people in the front row were pretty dead, sadly. I think we had enough enthusiasm for everyone though ;) "Pounding" was amazing, and during "catch the sun" jimi put the microphone into the audience, trying to get someone to sing...it was amusing. Oh, at the end of the show, he handed his bass out into the crowd - at first we were like, no way!, but then one of the techs came running over to retrieve it :laugh:
Ummm...ok, that's all I can think of now. I'm really tired, so maybe more will come to me later :)

Yeah, when he handed out his bass, I was like, "What the??? It's that easy to get it?", but had a good laugh when the techie took it back. :D

Unfortunately, no "Asleep In The Back" from Elbow last night. But I'm happy they performed "Newborn". :heart: that song.

Did Elbow close their set with Scattered Black and Whites? That song makes me wanna cry...but in a good way. ;)

sulawesigirl4 said:
Did Elbow close their set with Scattered Black and Whites? That song makes me wanna cry...but in a good way. ;)
Yep! I LOVE that song. It such a great closer, then when Doves come out and open with pounding...wow, what a combination. :shocked:

sulawesigirl4 said:

Yes, and it was amazing. The sound was really good up front last night.

:eek: at my avatar now....

Shelia, where were you during the show? Newborn was great, and it was so funny when Jimi was yelling about the world cup :)

jkayet said:
Shelia, where were you during the show? Newborn was great, and it was so funny when Jimi was yelling about the world cup :)

I was at the left side near the stage and near that girl Elaine, Guy Garvey was referring to. As you can see, I remember her name....I'm jealous. :grumpy:

Where were you two?

dizzy said:

I was at the left side near the stage and near that girl Elaine, Guy Garvey was referring to. As you can see, I remember her name....I'm jealous. :grumpy:

Where were you two?

We were in the front row, pretty close to center...a little toward "stage adam." ;) (the sides of the stage are permenantly referred to as 'adam' and 'edge') :)

yeah, we totally looked like this :love: when guy was onstage...

jkayet said:

We were in the front row, pretty close to center...a little toward "stage adam." ;) (the sides of the stage are permenantly referred to as 'adam' and 'edge') :)

lmao. we are quite the same here. When we saw them, Ali Rose had gotten there before zoney and I and called us on her cell phone to let us know where to look for her.

sula: where are you standing?
Ali: On Edge's side
sula: got it!

bwahahaha.

:lol:

meegannie said:

And Jimi :drool:

He was funny. And I liked how his bass had its own seat.

That was very amusing...a large, comfy car seat at that. :D

sula: where are you standing?
Ali: On Edge's side
sula: got it!
:laugh: Yeah, we are always like, "should we stand on adam's side or edge's side?"

jkayet said:

LOL! I actually wanted to use those terms, but was unsure if I should. Well, I was at :edge:'s side. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WE'RE

ALL

CRAZY!!!!

Stage Edge and stage Adam! I couldn't remember whether stage left was OUR left or THEIR left so I was just like---"ummmm -I'm on edges side..."

Sorry I was so entertained by that .....

ANd good for you on the whole Elbow experience!!! But I can't believe you passed up going to NY with them just to WORK!!! Were you performing BRAIN SuRGERY on a dying patient today???? JK Glad you had fun!

Ali Rose said:

ANd good for you on the whole Elbow experience!!! But I can't believe you passed up going to NY with them just to WORK!!! Were you performing BRAIN SuRGERY on a dying patient today???? JK Glad you had fun!

:lol: Actually, we told people at work a little bit of what happened, and they were like, "So why didn't you go with them?" :scream: But I do think waking up in NYC this morning would have been really scary....

Back
Top Bottom