Doves & Elbow Pictures (DC & Philly)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
Here are the pictures from the shows Megan & I went to.
Guy Garvey... :love:

Attachments

• elbowdcguysb&w.jpg
    elbowdcguysb&w.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
This is us with Pete (two attempts were actually made in taking this picture - this is attempt #1) :D
order is Megan, Pete, me

Attachments

• elbowpete&us1.jpg
    elbowpete&us1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 56
I really like Lost Souls (Last Broadcast somewhat less) and I was going to go to the show at the Axis (Boston) when they were in town, but everyone I've talked to told me the Doves were remarkably boring in concert, even though they loved the albums. You didn't think so?

Mark and us in DC :heart:
disclaimer: We were all very drunk by this point, hence my closed eyes (well, the proximity to Mark also caused swooning, which probably didn't help either...).

Attachments

• elbow mark & us.jpg
    elbow mark & us.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 56
Okay, I know these aren't Elbow and Doves pictures, but I had to sneak some Ed Harcourt in here.

Attachments

• edh5.jpg
    edh5.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 50
... everyone I've talked to told me the Doves were remarkably boring in concert, even though they loved the albums. You didn't think so? [/B]

:shocked:

This was the funnest show I've seen since U2. And I see a lot of shows....I hadn't even heard of Doves and they hooked me at this show. I think they're 10x better live than on the CD. You got Jimi-the one man band jumping back and forth from bass, to acoustic, to Drums....One talented guy. And the drummer has more raw energy than I've ever seen in my life....I feel sorry that you missed this show.....:sad:

mug222 said:
I really like Lost Souls (Last Broadcast somewhat less) and I was going to go to the show at the Axis (Boston) when they were in town, but everyone I've talked to told me the Doves were remarkably boring in concert, even though they loved the albums. You didn't think so?
No, not at all. I thought Doves were quite amazing live, actually. The energy level (especially at the beginning & end with Pounding and Spaceface) was unbelievable, and if Jimi gets talking, it's anything but boring. :D The combination of Elbow & Doves live was perfect. :)

Awesome photos! I'm so glad you guys were able to get in closer and get some better shots of Guy...we were so far to the side that it was pretty hard to get a clear one of him. :huh:

And that pic of you with Mark...:lol:

*right-click-save* ;)

I love Jimi and his bass

Doves were on MTV2 last night being interviewed. Jimi was being so cute and I love him and I want to hug him because he's like a little woodland creature.
hug.jpg
:heart: Jimi....

Last edited:
jkayet said:
Mark and us in DC :heart:
disclaimer: We were all very drunk by this point, hence my closed eyes (well, the proximity to Mark also caused swooning, which probably didn't help either...).

That's such a cute picture! :laugh: Lucky girls!

Back
Top Bottom