Doves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
There's some football show or something that has "Pounding" as its theme song!!!

I :heart: Doves and miss them. I love bands that are so good that they make me want to cry.

:sad::hyper::sad::hyper::sad:

Their football team is losing 2-0 to those awful Man United people though. :angry:

Regarding Doves themselves, I'm very ambivalent towards them. They're excellent musicians and have fantastic songs - I bought the Last Broadcast, was blown away, but afterwards I've never really felt like listening to them much. No idea why.

Last Broadcast definitely rates in my all time favourite albums. So many amazing songs. And Pounding is particularly fabulous!

I finally managed to download the subsub album a while back.. it's pretty cool :wink:

Can't wait to hear some new material.

Last edited:
yesyesyes...Doves are criminally underrated. I bought Last Broadcast a few months ago and LOVE it. :heart: Lovelovelove. It is utterly fabulous. Pounding is spectacular. I love how it builds in the beginning. I'm rambling, but it's amazing.... Caught by the River, while simple, is beautiful. One of my favourites.

I only regret that I didn't discover them earlier? Why did I bypass the Last Broadcast thread here a year ago? Why did I ignore the "This band is fabulous" hype that was emulating from them?

I ended up buying Lost Souls a few weeks ago but haven't really given it a listen because of exams--except for the Man who told everything :drool: Next week I'm getting Lost Sides from a friend of mine :yes:

Jimi's voice :drool: What's going on with them now? Are they making another album??

Let's leave at sunrise
Let's live by the ocean
I don't mind if we never come home at all
Steal the morning
So set in motion
In and out of love
And institutions

EDIT: I can't spell.

Last edited:
I think they're underrated in my house. I don't listen to them enough. But I like them. :up:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
yesyesyes...Doves are criminally underrated. I bought Last Broadcast a few months ago and LOVE it. :heart: Lovelovelove. It is utterly fabulous. Pounding is spectacular. I love how it builds in the beginning. I'm rambling, but it's amazing.... Caught by the River, while simple, is beautiful. One of my favourites.

I only regret that I didn't discover them earlier? Why did I bypass the Last Broadcast thread here a year ago? Why did I ignore the "This band is fabulous" hype that was emulating from them?

I ended up buying Lost Souls a few weeks ago but haven't really given it a listen because of exams--except for the Man who told everything :drool: Next week I'm getting Lost Sides from a friend of mine :yes:

Jimi's voice :drool: What's going on with them now? Are they making another album??

Let's leave at sunrise
Let's live by the ocean
I don't mind if we never come home at all
Steal the morning
So set in motion
In and out of love
And institutions

EDIT: I can't spell.

no worries. i'm a huge doves fan and i never got into til about a year ago....pretty well around the time they stopped touring NA. that always happens to me. A band tour like mad and i don't start liking them til they stop and don't do anything for years.

they are currently in the studio...have about 10 or so songs demoed. and get this....they are currently testing out a few songs with william orbit. :shocked: should be interesting.
:eyebrow:

hopefully they finish soon and get back out on the road.

ps...take a listen to "rise" on LS. it;s my fav. :D

i would disagree that doves have a long way to go to match coldplay.. they've definitely demonstrated a lot more diverse talents.

:heart: doves

I've been lucky enough to see them live a few times and to meet them. Great performers and nice people too. :)

in one of the episodes of the show 24 on fox....during its first season i remember hearing the song Darker by Doves in the background.

realllly? that must have been before i knew doves well enough to recognize it.. i do quite like that show and have watched it since the beginning.

they performed with tricky in the sub sub days... check out "the delta tapes" very very interesting. what a dynamic band!!

Over the last couple months I've finally started to appreciate 'The Last Broadcast'. For some reason it was a big disappointment to me compared to 'Lost Souls'. Lately I've really been enjoying some of the songs though, it finally grew on me.

you can get teh dvd on amazon and it is onsale here in canada at both hmv and future shop.

ps....i love the show tune version of catch teh sun jimi does in the documentary. :lmao:

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:

Regarding Doves themselves, I'm very ambivalent towards them. They're excellent musicians and have fantastic songs - I bought the Last Broadcast, was blown away, but afterwards I've never really felt like listening to them much. No idea why.

I agree...I really like Last Broadcast, and I guess I still do but I just never have the desire to hear it.
maybe it doesn't age gracefully
or maybe it's that each song individually is pretty good, but the album as a whole is not as inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom