Doughnut Burger - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-13-2006, 10:22 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dismantled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,345
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelu2fan
I am curious to know who really thinks this item sounds good? It seems so unhealthy besides the fact. I think it is just wrong to promote such unhealthy foods.
I might try a bite...... just out of curiosity of course......
__________________

__________________
Dismantled is offline  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:34 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 05:44 PM
I would eat one on a dare. I wouldn't seek one out after a long day, and say "boy, that's a great meal." It is rather disgusting. However, I'm willing to bet I've eaten just as much during the occasional junk fest with chocolate bars, etc.
__________________

__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:42 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


Ugh.
This coming from the person who loves poutine

__________________
Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:53 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life
 
BonosBaby12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Coast girl living in Chi-Town
Posts: 14,889
Local Time: 03:14 PM
That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen! . Why in the world would someone to do harm to their body by eating that?! A cholesterol test should come along with that burger.
__________________
BonosBaby12 is offline  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:57 PM   #35
New Yorker
 
Achtung_Bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Beneath the noise, below the din
Posts: 2,859
Local Time: 03:14 PM
this is disgusting. It reminds me of a more x-treme death invoking version of the Bennigan's Monte Cristo sandwich:



Place turkey and Swiss cheese on one slice of bread and ham and American cheese on another slice of bread. Place third slice in-between and secure the triple decker sandwich in the corners with tooth picks.

Place egg in mixing bowl, add water and beat together. Add salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder. Beat batter until smooth.

Dip sandwich in batter and carefully cover all the sides and surface. Carefully place in hot oil and fry until golden. When sandwich has turned a warm gold color remove from hot oil and place on paper towel. Let cool for a few minutes before removing the tooth picks. Before serving slice into fourths and sprinkle with powder sugar.

Serve with raspberry preserves, pickle garnish and your favorite side order of French fried potatoes



yes, serve with French fried potatoes b/c that's exactly what this deep-fried sandwich needs!!
__________________
Achtung_Bebe is offline  
Old 03-13-2006, 11:02 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe
this is disgusting. It reminds me of a more x-treme death invoking version of the Bennigan's Monte Cristo sandwich:



Place turkey and Swiss cheese on one slice of bread and ham and American cheese on another slice of bread. Place third slice in-between and secure the triple decker sandwich in the corners with tooth picks.

Place egg in mixing bowl, add water and beat together. Add salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder. Beat batter until smooth.

Dip sandwich in batter and carefully cover all the sides and surface. Carefully place in hot oil and fry until golden. When sandwich has turned a warm gold color remove from hot oil and place on paper towel. Let cool for a few minutes before removing the tooth picks. Before serving slice into fourths and sprinkle with powder sugar.

Serve with raspberry preserves, pickle garnish and your favorite side order of French fried potatoes



yes, serve with French fried potatoes b/c that's exactly what this deep-fried sandwich needs!!
Ugh! When my friends used to kidnap me to Bennigan's they would always have that flippin' sandwich. It looked so nasty. Thankfully we've quit Bennigan's completely.
I called it the heart attack platter.
__________________
Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life
 
BonosBaby12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Coast girl living in Chi-Town
Posts: 14,889
Local Time: 03:14 PM
Ok that Monte Cristo sandwich is just too disgusting for words too!
__________________
BonosBaby12 is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
YBORCITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: FLA
Posts: 5,139
Local Time: 04:14 PM
__________________
YBORCITY is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 12:08 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
BluRmGrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leather Heaven
Posts: 7,808
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Krispy Kremes
Hamburger/Cheeseburger/Bacon Cheeseburger

A marriage of the two?
(Same goes for the Monte Cristo... but Benigan's broccoli bites? )
__________________
BluRmGrl is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 03:40 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dismantled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,345
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe
this is disgusting. It reminds me of a more x-treme death invoking version of the Bennigan's Monte Cristo sandwich:



Place turkey and Swiss cheese on one slice of bread and ham and American cheese on another slice of bread. Place third slice in-between and secure the triple decker sandwich in the corners with tooth picks.

Place egg in mixing bowl, add water and beat together. Add salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder. Beat batter until smooth.

Dip sandwich in batter and carefully cover all the sides and surface. Carefully place in hot oil and fry until golden. When sandwich has turned a warm gold color remove from hot oil and place on paper towel. Let cool for a few minutes before removing the tooth picks. Before serving slice into fourths and sprinkle with powder sugar.

Serve with raspberry preserves, pickle garnish and your favorite side order of French fried potatoes



yes, serve with French fried potatoes b/c that's exactly what this deep-fried sandwich needs!!
OMG!!
__________________
Dismantled is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 03:42 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 02:14 PM
They have that Monte Cristo Sandwhich in Disneyland at the Blue Boyue by Pirates of the Carribean. I tried it once. The sandwhich is ok. The Sauce though.
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 03:44 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dismantled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,345
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
They have that Monte Cristo Sandwhich in Disneyland at the Blue Boyue by Pirates of the Carribean. I tried it once. The sandwhich is ok. The Sauce though.
*gets in car...drives to disneyland
__________________
Dismantled is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 03:58 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 09:14 PM
Not my style.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Carmelu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: LOST
Posts: 8,295
Local Time: 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil
I would eat one on a dare. I wouldn't seek one out after a long day, and say "boy, that's a great meal." It is rather disgusting. However, I'm willing to bet I've eaten just as much during the occasional junk fest with chocolate bars, etc.
I have to admit I do have a weakness for chocolate bars and those are not any healther. I am tring to imagine someone craving or having a weakness to that crap.....or for Pountine
__________________
Carmelu2fan is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 06:31 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dismantled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,345
Local Time: 05:14 PM
you're all in denial anything covered in that much salt and grease has to be soooo goooood


__________________

__________________
Dismantled is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com