Dorking, Surrey, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaand we're back?

I woke up during the maintenance, wasn't aware it was happening, and wondered "OH NOEZ WHERE IS TEH INTARFERENSE!!!!1"

Looks like we're all still here...

I never bothered to figure out when it was happening in our time zone, lucky someone else gave me a heads-up or I might have panicked too. *L*

Very droll with the Discotheque quote!

How's it going, Ax?

It felt weird waking up and having no Superthread. :lol:

Me, addicted to the Internet? Noooooo.

But yeah, I'm good; I had my longest sleep in weeks and feel pretty refreshed. How about you, Ali?

Yeah, I'm not bad... didn't sleep as long/well as I might have liked, cos I woke up at 6am, roasting, cos I'd fallen asleep with my electric blanket on 3. :der: I went back to sleep again, but you know.

House is half empty... might take the opportunity to crank some bass practice :hmm:

I used the interference down-time to look at the other forum I used to post on, which I hadn't visited for an entire year. They sent me the exact same birthday email that Interference did... *L*

The longest sleep? :ohmy:

Yes, I died overnight.

Yeah, I'm not bad... didn't sleep as long/well as I might have liked, cos I woke up at 6am, roasting, cos I'd fallen asleep with my electric blanket on 3. :der: I went back to sleep again, but you know.

House is half empty... might take the opportunity to crank some bass practice :hmm:

Hah, I was perfectly comfortable just with one blanket on. :tongue:

You, practice bass?!

I used the interference down-time to look at the other forum I used to post on, which I hadn't visited for an entire year. They sent me the exact same birthday email that Interference did... *L*

Haha!

dorking, fuck yeah

i'm fucked, emotionally

i watched some rugby though you all should be proud

What's up?

And cool, which game? The only sport I got to watch last night was the league World Cup final.

saw s africa beat england and then your all blakcs (ha now it makes sense) beat the welsh, much to the disapointment of my welsh friend

i'm ok, except, totally having what i can very sexistly call a female moment, in which i am all an emotional wreck, mostly cause i can't figure out wtf is up with this guy i really like, but also just because. debating whether i should continue listening ot the titanic album (laugh all you want) or play enemy at the gates, which i loved love dloved the 1 time i saw it, but the thogut of a movie period makes me confuse,d eyah i told you i'm fucked.

woo, the tree is up and decorated :drool:

You should post photos.

saw s africa beat england and then your all blakcs (ha now it makes sense) beat the welsh, much to the disapointment of my welsh friend

i'm ok, except, totally having what i can very sexistly call a female moment, in which i am all an emotional wreck, mostly cause i can't figure out wtf is up with this guy i really like, but also just because. debating whether i should continue listening ot the titanic album (laugh all you want) or play enemy at the gates, which i loved love dloved the 1 time i saw it, but the thogut of a movie period makes me confuse,d eyah i told you i'm fucked.

Ah, cool. Heh, I haven't even looked up the scores yet, since New Zealand beating Wales is fairly predictable nowadays. Only our upcoming game against England has me worried.

Ahh, right. Well, I'm no help here ... have a :hug:

You should post photos.
:lol: okay, i just took two pics with my webcam. it's only the side i can see from here, and since it's the webcam it's not the greatest quality or anything.

photo62rj7.jpg

photo63rv1.jpg

Hey Khan :wave:

too early for Xmas trees...

*grouch*

I'm not really here, btw.

Are you in agreement with me that trees and decorations and things should go up 12 days before Christmas and come down 12 days after?

That's the traditional way my family and some of my friends' families have always done it.

Every year I get more Grinch-like about Christmas... :reject:

But I have to admit, that's a purty tree, Khan!

*easily distracted by blinking lights and shiny baubles*

I seem to remember a while back, shops were stocking Christmas things in SEPTEMBER... but then for the couple of years after the 9/11 thing, they waited a bit longer. Maybe they've reeled it back to October now.

Every year I get more Grinch-like about Christmas... :reject:

But I have to admit, that's a purty tree, Khan!

*easily distracted by blinking lights and shiny baubles*

I seem to remember a while back, shops were stocking Christmas things in SEPTEMBER... but then for the couple of years after the 9/11 thing, they waited a bit longer. Maybe they've reeled it back to October now.
i think every year i get more excited about christmas, if that's possible.

and thanks :D

yeah, starting in september is kind of crazy. but i think come november, it's fair game :D

Tree's looking good, Khan. :up:

Though heh, I think every year, I get less excited about Christmas ... I think the last time I really looked forward to it, I was 13 or so.

Ugh, I'm labouring over a post on EYKIW because of all kinds of difficult facts.

Tree's looking good, Khan. :up:

Though heh, I think every year, I get less excited about Christmas ... I think the last time I really looked forward to it, I was 13 or so.

Ugh, I'm labouring over a post on EYKIW because of all kinds of difficult facts.
thanks :D the star wasn't up when i took the pics, but oh well.

ooooh :hmm:

Hm, I don't think I noticed this up in Queensland, but then again, I'm not entirely the ideal person to ask. I noticed my Coles has only just started touting Christmas - when I went there last week, they had a sign up about "35 sleeps until Christmas" and one section of the place now stocks Christmas goodies. I'm honestly glad they waited until over halfway through November.

I do remember as a child, the Wellington and Kapiti Coast Christmas parades got progressively earlier and earlier each year ...

And on a totally unrelated note:

This is great. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom