Doping controversy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Looks like some of America's best track stars are being targeted even though they haven't tested positive for drugs on a test. Anybody know what this is all about?

Yep, every athlete (and I don't mean just those doing athletics, but every kind of sport) can be subject to random drug tests. Moreover, it appears a new drug has been developed in the USA that was, until recently, untraceable. Now it is and there's suspicion some athletes have been using it (for years).

C ya!

Marty

i don't know if you're refering to tim montgomery, but he admitted that he took doping. anyway, doping is a bitter reality in sports, unfortunately many many athletes take it, for the pressure, for the money (not only that that they earn), for the "glory".....sport is right now nothing less than a business, there's no loyalty, no sincerity and no sport spirit, first comes the money money money money.....then maybe the rest

Last edited:
I think a large number of them are likely doping or have at some point. I would not be shocked at all, and it could very likely be that they're just a lot smarter in covering it up.

Doping tests are good for sport in general, because they at least, in some way, attempt to establish a level playing field. :up:

If they're going to stop all these people they should go back and take away all those medals won by Soviet bloc nations in the 60's and 70's, many of them were chemically enhanced. Some of the Russian girl gymnasts were given "peter pan" drugs to delay development. Some of them were 18 and looked 12.

There used to be so many jokes about the East German women looking mannish, but it wasn't natural, it was steroids and such. Interesting they never bothered to crack down until after Communism fell in Europe :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom