doors vs clash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allbecauseofu2

Refugee
i have thoght about these two fav bands of mine, and how thier similar and how thier different. i have so many thoughts on it, but i wanted to see what other people thought. to start off, thier both anti-anthority, but comes out much differrent. morrison is more about himself a bit, then stummer. clash explored other types of music, making reggae a strong #2 style that they play,.where doors never did anything quite on that large scale.. both around for a short period of time. both lead singers have passed on. lost key members . put out stuff after it was "over". i wanan see what other people think and go from thier.

Joe - great song writer, music lover, part of the original punk movement
Jim - good singer, druggie, hippie

intresting so far. morrison's death is realy still a tradegy casue i wonder what would be doing now, what he could have been capaple of etc. joe at least had some solo albums for 20 years before his still young but not as young passing. not in a bathtub. i mean i love the doors but i relized how realy bittersweet thier music is. i can;t listen to the doors without thinking about his demise. joe died after the fact years later. but its much more sad the way jim went. he was a little more into himself then any kinda issue , like the clash. the mystery around jim, still dosn;t die. still trying to fiqure him out. joe is alot more simple to understand. as fas as the bands a a whole. its hard to say whos more talented. manzereck is classicaly trained, so he;s no bum. jim could write and sing and had a unmatchable persaona, but joe could play instruments in addition to singing. clash got social messages across, pretty powerfuly. Doors were in a time period of pretty big anti establishment feelings, but morrisons poerty and attitude made it a quite different message. The life and times of jim morrison made him way above the band and music sometimes. lets go from here now...

oh i didn't see that other reply. doors by a landslide? huh? well back that up. casue i don't see any landslides here.

This is a stupid comparison.

But more on the Doors: they were a fusion of Jim Morrison's poetry and mysticism, Ray Manzarek's psychedelic keyboards, Robbie Krieger's Spanish-tinged guitar, and John Densmore's jazzy drumming. They also obviously had an strong blues influence. In any case, they were a bit more than drugs and hippies. You always had a sense that they were something different, something a little insane. There's no one else quite like them.

Everyone here is already ga-ga over the Clash, so I don't need to gush about them.

Last edited:
i should compare a couple bands i like: coldplay and agnostic front. for some reason, they keep coming up right after the other on my winamp playlist - even on shuffle mode. what gives? coldplay is mainstream piano-based pretty mellow rock music, agnostic front is classic NYHC (that's new york hardcore in case you didn't know). they couldn't have less in common.

the clash are possibly my favorite band ever, and the doors were hippie bullshit.

or....what mofo said.

I wouldn't say that the Doors were hippie bullshit, they were a great band. But to compare these two bands is like comparing apples and oranges. There's no point, really.

Last edited:
I just prefer The Clash further up by list but The Doors are also an excellent band

i see alot of things thats have no point on this board,lol but its gets posted anyway. so i felt that this is the place to post such odd stuff.

~LadyLemon~ said:
I wouldn't say that the Doors were hippie bullshit, they were a great band. But to compare these two bands is like comparing apples and oranges. There's no point, really.

maybe not. i just really really don't like them.

Doors , Drummer - perfect ( best of his time ) , guitar player - best of his time , keyboard player - best of his time , singer - enough said , he's a genius ( same league as Freddie Mercury & Elvis Presley ) , great composers , even greater albums,
in 20 years they still gonna be played everywhere , clash are too freakin political ,

The Doors by a country mile, but I must admit I was never into the Clash.
Big buzz for me was meeting John Densmore in London and Ray Manzarek in Melbourne.

i used to be (well realy still deep down) was/is a big morriosn fan, but now from 12 years ago when i realy going crazy, is that, jim isn't cool cause he's dead. it sux. how could a genius die in the bathrub. I;m into alot more music now then 1993. so these comparsions are going come up. and we had the clash, a band that only put out stuff for a limited time like the doors. had a big inpact in a short time. so i feel a comparison can be done. joe died a bit older man and at least thier was time for him to enjoy the legacy of the clash. i wish he hadn't died either but, like its just a better way to go then jim. should't i realy look up to strumer more then morrison? i wouldn't back then, now i might/should.

allbecauseofu2 said:
doors by a country mile? whats a coountry mile? 14 yards,lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A “country mile” is as far as the eye can see.

I live in a country that has been metric for over 20 years and we still use the term “a country mile” :huh:

I was kind of obssessed with the Doors at one time. Later on I really got into the Clash. I don't seem to listen to the Doors that much any more, but I still like them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom