Doogie Howser is gay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1554852,00.html

Neil Patrick Harris is gay – and wants to quell recent reports that he had denied it. The actor tells PEOPLE exclusively:

"The public eye has always been kind to me, and until recently I have been able to live a pretty normal life. Now it seems there is speculation and interest in my private life and relationships.

"So, rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love."

Harris, 33, currently stars in the CBS comedy How I Met Your Mother. He shot to fame in 1989 at age 16 when he played a teen-prodigy doctor on the hit Doogie Howser, M.D. "It was a very fast but wonderful education," he told PEOPLE in 1998.

After the show went off the air in 1993, he shook off his teen image with roles in the musicals Rent and Assassins and a wild turn as an unhinged version himself in the 2004 movie Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle.

"I'm enjoying my 30s," he told PEOPLE in 2004. "I feel like I know where I'm going. And I like where I'm going."

Everyone comes out to People these days. Lance Bass, Neil Patrick Harris ...

Loved him in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.

Maybe it was all those years of playing of a character called Doogie....wouldn't that make anybody gay?:wink: :wink:

Good for him. He's great on How I Met Your Mother....where he plays a very straight horn dog that'll bang anything in a skirt.

yea NPH:applaud:

I also loved him in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.
Snorting coke off that chick's ass!:lol:

Last edited:
Good for him for finally coming out "officially." It hasn't really been too much of a secret in the Broadway/theatre world. He'd been dating a musical theatre actor (who's name escapes me at the moment) and he seemed fairly open about it (when he was in Assassins a few years ago).

He's really a wonderful actor. I loved Doogie Howser of course, and LOVED Stark Raving Mad (I wish that'd pop up on DVD at some point). He was also wonderful on Broadway in Cabaret and Assassins. NPH is good people!

He deserves an Oscar for Harold and Kumar and an Emmy for How I Met Your Mother, cause if you watch his performances in those 2 with no knowledge of his Doogie or Broadway days, you'd swear he's the most heterosexual man on the planet.:wink:

I didn't see this one coming at all.

Nothing funnier than watching NPH tripping on XTC in harold and Kumar.

NPH gives Harold and Kumar $ and says "these are for the stains in your car. You'll see them":drool:

Back
Top Bottom