Don't you hate it when the phone rings and wakes you up...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
and it's one of those telemarketers? :no:

This isn't another thread about telemarketers...I know we've already had one of those in the past...just those pesky phone calls that wake you up! :banghead:

[ABEL still in bed, the phone rings]

me, half asleep answers the phone

Me: Hello?

hears no answer...was too sleepy to realize it was a telemarketing call right away and says hello again

Me: Hello?

Telemarketer: Yes, may I speak to Ms. ABEL? (of course she didn't say Ms. ABEL, but y'all don't know my last name :sexywink:)

Me: Speaking

Telemarketer: Hello, Ms. ABEL...this is Bank One, have you finished your Christmas shopping yet?

I know they're going to try to sell me a credit card, so I respond:

Me: I'm not interested

Telemarketer: You're not interested in Christmas or Bank One?

Me: Bank One :banghead:

Telemarketer: (now she's laughing and says) ok, Thank you!

I hear her laughing as I hang up the phone...She didn't even keep trying to sell me the credit card like they normally say "But mam..." I think she was laughing too hard, lol!

:scream:

:huh:

Re: i need caller id

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:rant: telemarketers

:rant: :rant: when they disturb your sleep or other important activity

:yes:

I really hate it when they asked for one of my parents and then I tell them they arent available and they asked for my other parent!!!!:mad:

I think I remember a thread similar to this. I am not waiting to see who will pop up[ and say........"Hey. I was a telemarketer and it is a hard job etc."

ghetofabu said:
I think I remember a thread similar to this. I am not waiting to see who will pop up[ and say........"Hey. I was a telemarketer and it is a hard job etc."

that's why I said this wasn't a thread about telemarketers cuz we already had one of those :ohmy:

a certain Interferencer is guilty of calling me at awful hours of the night and waking up my roomie.

_____
:wave: - In restrospect, it was the only time that she has ever closed her door....maybe I should have more people call me late at night......stupid roomie).

zonelistener said:
a certain Interferencer is guilty of calling me at awful hours of the night and waking up my roomie.

_____
:wave: - In restrospect, it was the only time that she has ever closed her door....maybe I should have more people call me late at night......stupid roomie).

lol i know it wasn't me, i only do that to one person on this board. oops. :p :wave:

but i will be more than happy to call you late at night and annoy you and your roomie.

ghetofabu said:

it was probably me who said it was a hard job. i worked as a telemarketer for the local newspaper. i was supposed to be there for a month before they decide to keep me permanent. they dumped my ass after a week and a half. it was a hard job and would never recommend that job to anyone unless that person enjoys verbal abuse from people they don't know.

I cant stand them!! I'm on some serious calling lists too. I usually dont answer them when I see that on my Caller ID - but I dont always think right away! I love when they cant pronounce my last name - which is very likely in the top 5 most common names in the country! Or when I tell them I'm not home, they ask when "he" will be back. Or they ask for my husband, which I dont yet have. And the list goes on!

Abel,

I think I called you the other night by mistake and hung up, sorry.

Post your phone number so I won't do it by mistake, again.

freak

deep said:
Abel,

I think I called you the other night by mistake and hung up, sorry.

Post your phone number so I won't do it by mistake, again.

why don't you post your number so I can have it blocked? :tongue: :sexywink:

Last edited:
deep said:
Oh shit!
I just tried to call you.
You REALLY did block me. :mad:

:sexywink:

:hmm:wait, you tried to call? I didn't hear you...maybe it's cuz I'm on dial up and can't receive phone calls while I'm online...or wait...maybe it's cuz you don't have my phone number? :p

Telemarketers show up as "Unknown" on our Caller ID. Problem is, there are some of our relatives who call and come up as "Unknown"...so that sucks.

I like to use funny accents or pretend that I'm my dad when they ask for him or use a really sexy voice.

icelle said:

it was probably me who said it was a hard job. i worked as a telemarketer for the local newspaper. i was supposed to be there for a month before they decide to keep me permanent. they dumped my ass after a week and a half. it was a hard job and would never recommend that job to anyone unless that person enjoys verbal abuse from people they don't know.

Hey Icelle? Did they do it cause u werent 'selling urself' well?

(u know what I mean!;))

I know pple have rang me at work, and one time it pissed me off that I hadnt even requested or ordered anything from them and within 10 mins of talking to them they were already into my address and how many they were sending! I always say Ive spoken to those companies who ring maybe after 3 months, and ask to be taken off database, but I bet they dont, I mean, I hear a lot of telemarketers work on commission, so I guess they try and try again to sell their business....it must def. be a hard job, cause yes, for two things; to sell, and then you're also seen as the enemy.....the pain in the ass.......the scum bum.....the whole heap......

Normally I cant stand tele sales, but then, I have to try and view it from their point, they HAVE to be that way................I feel for them sometimes.................

yeah, some of those guys were real mean! they would do that on purpose!

i can understand why some people dont like telemarketers because they can be too pushy or they don't know how to say their potential customers' names right, or they called at the wrong time...i had the daytime shift so i rarely had that problem. but to be flat out rude for no reason was just a good way to fuck up my day right there.

if it helps any, i was never pushy like that, i was always polite, and if i couldnt pronounce anyone's last name, i would just ask for the owner of the house, and for example, just ask for say...ms. nancy, or i would just spell out their last name on the phone so that way i won't get in trouble with them. it worked most of the time. sometimes i buy from telemarketers too.
after all, i was on the other end too at one time.

I dont know if it just me, the area I live in, or if I have bought something recently that has had my details sold to every bloody marketing company in this country, but there has been an increase in them lately. I have the mortgage people down pat "No, I'm a financial adviser, I dont want a mortgage assessment thanks." The security firms "No, I'm a cop, I dont need a back to base security system installed thanks" I am of course neither of these occupations. I am however not working now as of last week due to the baby, and unfortunately or fortunately, depending, we have previously almost always given to charities who ring asking for donations. Now I tell them the truth, but I am thinking I need something more foolproof than the honest truth cos just the other day I got a wonderful call from CareFlight.
Him: "Hi this is blaaaaaaaaaaaah [droned on for half an hour]
Me: "Unfortunately, we have gone down to a single income, baby due etc, cannot support your cause at this stage...thanks for calling"
Him: "Oh but wait! its a great cause...you're expecting? Oh congratulations! Hmm, well.... Wouldn't you be thinking right now that you hope YOU never need CareFlight for your baby?"
Me: "I beg your gawdamn pardon?"
Him: "Well, look at it this way too, this soft teddy we are selling would make a lovely Christmas present too for a new baby!"
Me: ".....Like I said....we cannot afford to give any money right now......"
Him: "......Its only $50 too for the smaller bear!"

I hung up on him. I could count on one hand the number of times I have hung up on someone. As annoying as I find these people, I know they are simply employees, they are trying to earn a living, but when they dont listen and use tactics like "I hope you never require CareFlight" ......:censored: I hate hanging up on people, it is so rude. But this agressive selling is out of control. If they aren't ringing up to 5 times a day, they door knock and refuse to leave.

Hate them all. :mad:
:censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom