Don't you finish your chips ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissMaCo

Rock n' Roll Doggie
STOP MC DO !!!

Trop_de_Mc_DO.jpg

poor children :(

i read an article about obese children in a magazine recently, a 6 or 7 year old child weighed nearly the same weight as me!!! :tsk:

Mac D's & bad food :down:

Side note: over in the desktop thread there is a picture of my daughter with a coke bottle in her hand. The bottle actually contained water. My husband sometimes drinks the stuff and I reuse the bottles.

</defensive mothering>

I'm glad to read your opinions cause once I posted that pic I was afraid people will laugh at it. In fact my aim was to denounce the dangers of junk food, not to mock. Happy to see we're on the same wavelength !

Close the MC Dos !

we only drink water and pure orange juice, as a treat we get the dilute juice.

we have about 3 fruit bowls and we try and eat 5/6 fruit and veg a day or fear my mum shouting at us for being unhealthy.

right now as im talking about how healthy we all are my brother is sneaking past me and eating one of my sisters mini mars bars from her "hypo drawer" in her desk :tsk:

beli said:
Side note: over in the desktop thread there is a picture of my daughter with a coke bottle in her hand. The bottle actually contained water. My husband sometimes drinks the stuff and I reuse the bottles.

</defensive mothering>

Don't worry Beli ! I've seen the pic you're talking about and your daughter is a pretty slim little lady !
I personally only drink water !
(except at parties but that's another problem !) :wink:

Marie

Lara Mullen said:

right now as im talking about how healthy we all are my brother is sneaking past me and eating one of my sisters mini mars bars from her "hypo drawer" in her desk :tsk:

:laugh: Brothers are often fond of sweets !

*thinking of mine ! *

Marie

my brother is too thin so my mum doesnt mind him eating the odd choc bar as long as he eats fruit.

i put all my weight on when im studying, coming up to exams i pig out :reject:

Kewl. I only drink water also :up:

There arent many of us around. Most people seem to like either Coke and/or coffee.

I have been known to drink Hot Chocolate on occasion.

As well as a party drink. But day to day its water all the way :up:

Lara Mullen said:
my brother is too thin so my mum doesnt mind him eating the odd choc bar as long as he eats fruit.

i put all my weight on when im studying, coming up to exams i pig out :reject:

My mum doesn't care neither if my brother eats too much chocolate cause... he's 36 !!! He's a big boy now !

I feel exactly the same cause my exams are next week !

Bisou Lara !

:sexywink:

Marie

My four yr old is a big kid. 60 lbs! Has been since birth. He loves to eat! We work with him everyday and hope that he doesn't continue to get any bigger. We have totally changed our lifestyle of eating out, soda and junk food. It was never out of hand but we did eat at McDs once in a while and gave juice freely. He is a pretty active guy and it doesn't seem to get him down. Though he can be very sensitive at times about his weight - At 4!!! That tears me up to no end. I have cried and blamed myself for him being over wieght but decieded to concentrate on him instead and it had acually helped all of us think of better ways to eat and excersice. My kid in not to that point of obese but god forbid it ever come to that. I feel so sad for those kids. Terrible.:yell: :sad:

bangelab33 said:
My four yr old is a big kid. 60 lbs! Has been since birth. He loves to eat! We work with him everyday and hope that he doesn't continue to get any bigger. We have totally changed our lifestyle of eating out, soda and junk food. It was never out of hand but we did eat at McDs once in a while and gave juice freely. He is a pretty active guy and it doesn't seem to get him down. Though he can be very sensitive at times about his weight - At 4!!! That tears me up to no end. I have cried and blamed myself for him being over wieght but decieded to concentrate on him instead and it had acually helped all of us think of better ways to eat and excersice. My kid in not to that point of obese but god forbid it ever come to that. I feel so sad for those kids. Terrible.:yell: :sad:

:applaud: Atleast you recognized it and are trying to stop it. That is more then a lot of people do.

:shocked: That soda! It would take me a month to finish that. But, same as a lot of people posting, I only drink water and coffee.

I hate to blame McDonalds, because it's not really their fault. Someone had to buy that kid the food, and they should see it for what it is (junk) and what it is doing to their child. Which is why I respect bangelab33 for taking action. Obesity is already a problem and action is what's needed, not finger pointing.

Last summer, my first summer home after being at college for five years, I took my cousins swimming a lot at a local water park. It had been so long since I'd been in such an environment and I was disturbed to notice the number of fat kids there. And no, not chubby or chunky, but kids with a serious weight problem! Very sad indeed.

i never eat mccie d's...

when i do have fast food, which is incredibly rare, i usually grab wendy's. i dont even think i have that more than 5 times a year.

McDonalds markets to the kids...how can parents say no. :wink:

McDonalds SHOULD be blamed...they are only there to serve the stockholders. How do they please the stockholders? By selling more food to the general public.

BILLIONS SERVED. BILLIONS.

Back
Top Bottom