don't move don't talk out of time DESCRIBE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VertigoGal said:

i think i might post the song for anyone's listening pleasure...i think the dudes that sing it were from belfast will :hmm:

^
I was actually a member of the band for a while; I sang and wrote the lyrics to a number of relative hits.

Although "Big Gerry lacks an indefinite amount of wit" and "Sinn Fein are not connected/ affiliated with the IRA in anyway (Yeah right)” didn't go down too well.

:wink:

VertigoGal said:
yeah i have no problem with anyone's religion or spirituality, i just can't convince myself of it...

I kind of felt that way sort of but for me I noticed the less belief I had in the catholic church the more my faith actually seemed to grow. It just felt strange, I even shocked myself and my girlfriend, when I was involved in a religous debate, but I really resent myself forg ettin' involved in one because I think it made her worry about a lot of things

http://s58.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0FRLM2Y8YDE1N2TTYZJS4DDZWJ

there you go, the orange and the green by the irish rovers...i looked it up & they were from belfast but met and recorded in canada, it's from like the 60s or 70s i think...it's like fake-traditional or something i can't quite tell

now i must go, i'm gonna take a bath and reflect on my pitiful life, see you guys later :wave:

Bye VG :wave:

On a serious note you have realise that faith is a personal matter and all Religions represent the institutionalisation of faith.

Faith is a personal matter and should always have remained so.

ZeroDude said:

^
I was actually a member of the band for a while; I sang and wrote the lyrics to a number of relative hits.

Although "Big Gerry lacks an indefinite amount of wit" and "Sinn Fein are not connected/ affiliated with the IRA in anyway (Yeah right)” didn't go down too well.

nice...i actually know what you're talking about because there's a good amount of hilarious political satire on the internet from your lovely little province

<sucker for political satire, i'm a bit cynical :wink:

now i'm leaving

ps- van morrison is my hero

oh, and i've always known there's a difference between organized religion (out of the question for me) and personal faith...but even personal spirituality is something i can't seem to accept

Bye all who happen to be leaving. :wave:

Damn it people when you say you're leaving just go.

Last edited:
"They talk about the craic in dying for the revolution."

"Where's the craic in that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom