Don't get sentimental, it always ends up drivel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
This is my favorite line these days. Whats yours ?

I have recently got my hand on OK computer and I cant get enought of "let down". The same song 10 hours a day & today is the 5th consecutive day. I even hear it when I dont play it :D
I generally keep it on all the time.

Radiohead is not depressing. Its not jolly...Its different..Its hard to explain.

I hope I have not made a Radiohead Appreciation Thread (again).

AcrobatMan

Yes, Let Down is one of Radiohead's catchiest songs. It's the one that finally got me hooked on Radiohead too.

great song, but they dont like playing it live for some reason. i believe its pretty hard to play, with the timing.

while you have ok computer, which other songs do you like? airbag? :D

i love on the recent concert when the band was taking requests from the crowd, somebody yelled to Thom, "Let Down!!!"

Thom groaned, "let down? oh fuck.... "

they didn't play it

Zoomerang96 said:
great song, but they dont like playing it live for some reason. i believe its pretty hard to play, with the timing.

while you have ok computer, which other songs do you like? airbag? :D

Zoomerang96 ,

Airbag is my 2nd favorite song in OK Computer after Let down.
I had heard paranoid android one year back.. i mean one year ago I had just heard Creep and Paranoid Android...I thought that was all about Radiohead :wink: but creep wont find a place in top 10 radiohead song now...okay I will put it at no 10 since it was the song that got me to Radiohead..I downloaded creep through Morpheus sometime last year..Long live INTERNET :)
I am sure most genuine Radiohead fans get into this band through CREEP.. I hate it when people say CREEP is best radiohead song for the simple reason its not.. Creep is a great
song but that doesnot represent Radiohead..I think "Let down"
or "street spirit" represent Radiohead more than creep..

Subterranean alien from ok comp is another song i absolutely love.

The bends is amazing..better than ok computer..I have started comparing again..isnt comparing a useless job..i must be dumb..

Every RH song is good..There is no bad song..like U2 but U2 and Radiohead are very distinct band in my opinion..They cannot be compared.. It would be comparing 2 different things.

AcrobatMan
ps : due to poor connectivity & lack of time ( work load has gone very high.. i am 3 weeks late in my project plan :) ) i cannot reply as fast as before..sorry for the same.

I'm not living I'm just killing time

I'm not here this isn't happening

Everything's underground, we have to dig it up somehow

What are we coming to, I just don't know anymore

Ice coming, Ice age coming

I must admit
Solomon Burke blows radiohead out of the water

I can't wait until I'm 50 so I can truly enjoy it at the level it is meant to be enjoyed at

take a look at the other side of the coin

you don't need to be 50
just develop your musical taste
don't worry, you'll get there

They performed Let Down on the OK Computer tour every so often, and then not so much (if at all) after that. They were also occasionally playing The Trickster on that tour, another tough song they rarely play. I was lucky enough :drool: to hear both at a show back in 98.

Salome said:
you don't need to be 50
just develop your musical taste
don't worry, you'll get there

man, I'm already there
I feel like I've finally reached my niche in musical taste.

All I ask for is interesting dynamics, appealing song structure, good lyrics,
I like it complex and unique
or
I can listen to simple songs if they're done right -I mean, I love U2

I like anything from L Cohen or Neko Case to Industrial rock and experimental music to, what is quickly becoming my fave - indie rock, a la elliott smith or the flaming lips.

My musical taste will not develop much more, and so I guess you would say I have a bad musical taste
which is fine...different folks different strokes.

salome, i sense you are being sarcastic...might my senses be onto something?

maybe someone else can help me out here.

cause you might be listening to a guy talking about getting a hard on at age 60 while being thunderstruck with balls.

:sexywink:

your so orthodox, wanderer, just chill out and let it happen.

just let it happen wanderer...dont fight it, just give in to it tonite...

:sexywink:

shit, this is an old thread.

let down is still one of my favourite songs, ever.

one day i am gonna grow wings
a chemical reaction
hysterical and useless
hysterical and
let down and hanging around
crushed like a bug in the ground
let down and hanging around

Let Down is nice....but what song off OK Computer isn't? Even Fitter Happier gives me goosebumps.

My favourite lyric at the moment is:

"Doors in the rudders of big ships"

What a line, What a song....

Can anyone elaborate on why the song is called Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors? PULK? What the Hell?

Back
Top Bottom