Don't Eat at this West Village KFC in NY.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:drool:

I manage a coffee shop and where I live, all the health code violations are listed on the county's Department of Health site. I made the mistake of looking at some of the places I liked going to and I never went back to most of them. You'd be surprised at how nasty some places are behind the scenes.

Have you ever stopped eating at a place after seeing inspection results?

This is probably somewhat common.
From last summer:
A startling 44 New York City Starbucks cafes received a Notice of Violation in their last health department inspection because of rodent, cockroach, or flying insect presence or some combination of the three.

I'm more creeped out by the dead chickens than the live rats. :uhoh:

A friend of mine used to work at KFC, a LONG time ago, and he told us once he was going to throw out a very smelly/greenish looking batch of "chicken" left over from the night before, when the supervisor stopped him and said "nah, they're fine, just cook them first." I don't think they ever throw anything out! :|

ylimeU2 said:
Have you ever stopped eating at a place after seeing inspection results?

Yes. In fact, I will look at the file if we decide to try something new. Plus, the inspectors are my friends and they keep me informed.

redkat said:

Dooz tell me the Auld Dubliner is alright! I like our lettering system if it's less than an A I don't go in :up:

Is that in Long Beach? I can only tell you about our city. THe problem with the letter grade is that you don't know where their problems lie. We give a check list, so you know what is going on in there as far as food handling, temperature, food storage, etc. And it shows the date inspected and the date the violations have been corrected.

Last edited:
Doozer61 said:

Yes. In fact, I will look at the file if we decide to try something new. Plus, the inspectors are my friends and they keep me informed.

Is that in Long Beach? I can only tell you about our city. THe problem with the letter grade is that you don't know where their problems lie. We give a check list, so you know what is going on in there as far as food handling, temperature, food storage, etc. And it shows the date inspected and the date the violations have been corrected.

That is a good point. The only critical violations my shop has had was not properly labeling cleaning bottles and having a microwave for customer use that isn't industrial grade. Other critical violations can be anything from an employee not washing their hands, storing frozen food products in a freezer that wasn't working properly, or having cockroaches in the fridge that (these were actual ones I saw for one of the restaurants I use to go to). Some of it is pretty gross and some of it isn't really that bad.

Doozer61 said:

Yes it's in Long Beach. I want a full report

actually no don't ruin it for me :(

Back
Top Bottom