Don't be ridiculous! (Perfect Strangers News)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
And now we do the happy dance!! :hyper:

PERFECT STRANGERS TO DVD FOR THE FIRST TIME
FEBRUARY 12, 2008

Four-Disc DVD Set will Feature 28 Episodes From
the First and Second Season of the Emmy-Nominated Show
as Well as Enhanced Content

BURBANK, CA (October 17, 2007) – Culture clash has never been funnier than on the classic, hit comedy Perfect Strangers, which makes its highly-anticipated debut on DVD, February 12, 2008 from Warner Home Video (WHV). The DVD release will offer consumers the first two seasons of the three-time Emmy-nominated series. Retailing at $29.98 SRP, the set is comprised of four discs, which feature 28 fantastic episodes as well as hilarious bonus material.

Set in Chicago, Perfect Strangers focuses on the relationship of two distant cousins, whose personalities and life experiences could not be any more different. The series begins when high-strung Larry Appleton (Mark Linn-Baker, Law & Order: Criminal Intent) opens his apartment to cousin Balki Bartokomous (Bronson Pinchot, Step-by-Step), an idealistic, naïve shepherd from the fictitious island-nation of Mypos. New to America, Balki often misunderstands the culture, which leads to some delightfully hilarious situations. Color TV, game shows, singles bars, soda pop cans and even pink lemonade are some of the modern day oddities that amaze the innocent and lovable Balki, whose signature catchphrase, "Of course not, don't be ridiculous!" kept television audiences laughing throughout the show's lengthy and successful run. The series also stars Melanie Wilson (Family Matters) as Jennifer Lyons, Rebecca Arthur (Grace Under Fire) as Mary Anne Spencer, Ernie Sabella (Saved by the Bell, The Lion King) as Donald Twinkacetti, and Belita Moreno (George Lopez) as Edwina Twinkacetti.

Perfect Strangers originally premiered on ABC in 1986 and became an instant hit with viewers. The show aired for eight seasons and was nominated for three Emmy Awards. Currently, it is listed as the eighth most requested unreleased show on TVshowsonDVD.com.

Aside from featuring 28 episodes, the DVD set will also include a clip montage featuring the "Dance of Joy," a very popular recurring element of the series.

"For years consumers have been pleading to have Perfect Strangers released on DVD. We are delighted to make their wish come true with the release of the show's first two seasons on DVD," said Rosemary Markson, WHV Vice President, TV & Special Interest Marketing. She added, "The combination of Bronson Pinchot and Mark Linn-Baker starring as Balki and Larry created a brilliant comedic duo that delivered rich, hilarious slapstick comedy audiences of all ages could appreciate. We are excited to release this eagerly anticipated title and think it will be well received by consumers."

Perfect Strangers: The Complete First & Second Seasons will be available in a four-disc DVD box set from WHV on February 12, 2008 for $29.98 SRP. WHV will support the release of Perfect Strangers: The Complete First & Second Seasons with an extensive national online media campaign.

Perfect Strangers: The Complete First & Second Seasons
Street Date: February 12, 2008
DVD SRP: $29.98
Running Time: Approx 644 Minutes

Wait, Cousin Larry is on Law and Order?

Wasn't Family Matters a spin off of this? Without Balki, there would have been no Urkel. Damn you, Balki.

I'll have to dig around to find some pics of Mr. Blu when we were in our late teens, early 20's. So many people used to comment on how much they thought he looked like Mark Linn Baker that several of our friends starting referring to him exclusively as "Cousin Larry". :giggle:

Let me just say that Mr. Blu was less than amused. :| (Although I have to admit, the resemblence was there. :reject: )

:shifty: OK, Mr. Blu will kill me if he ever sees this thread. He's not been called "Cousin Larry" in years.

Here's Mark Linn Baker in an undated photo, but most likely the late 80's:
MarkLinnBaker.jpg

Here's my guy in 1990:
Kelly90.jpg

Not exactly identical, but close enough that a LOT of people commented on it. :banghead: <-- That was Mr. Blu.

It was bad enough that Kelly grew out his hair & never wore it that way again. His hair is longer than mine now. :ohmy: :yes:

The Wonder Years DVDs have been delayed for YEARS because of all that good 60s/70s music used on it in nearly every episode.

You have to understand....production contracts for any show on TV today include permissions for any future DVD releases of that TV show, but such was not the case back in the late 80s/early 90s, when The Wonder Years was produced, since DVDs didn't exist. It was a very different time. So, basically, even though getting permission to release the show itself is no big deal(I really don't think anybody ever blocked it), getting permission from the record companies that gave those songs to TWY back then - record companies that in some cases don't exist anymore or at least don't exist in the way as they used to - is a much more difficult and time-consuming process.

That's my understanding of what the holdup is with TWY DVDs.

BluRmGrl said:
:shifty: OK, Mr. Blu will kill me if he ever sees this thread. He's not been called "Cousin Larry" in years.

Here's Mark Linn Baker in an undated photo, but most likely the late 80's:
MarkLinnBaker.jpg

Here's my guy in 1990:
Kelly90.jpg

Not exactly identical, but close enough that a LOT of people commented on it. :banghead: <-- That was Mr. Blu.

It was bad enough that Kelly grew out his hair & never wore it that way again. His hair is longer than mine now. :ohmy: :yes:

:ohmy: :shocked: :lol:

I can't believe that is Kelly!!! :lmao:

I was always upset that the show ended the way it did. They never really finished it. I think they went up in the hot air balloon and that's how it ended.

But this is exciting! :hyper:

LemonMacPhisto said:
The world was a better place with Bronson Pinchot.

What do you mean 'was'? He's not dead. :shrug:

You know what's weird? Bronson was born in New York. He has no accent. He was totally acting it on both Perfect Strangers and Step By Step.

namkcuR said:

What do you mean 'was'? He's not dead. :shrug:

You know what's weird? Bronson was born in New York. He has no accent. He was totally acting it on both Perfect Strangers and Step By Step.

I meant was he was on television and in my favorite 5 minutes of Beverly Hills Cop.

my pet peeve with 80's shows being put on DVD is that most of the time they're the syndicated cuts of episodes.

i couldn't believe the first season of cosby on dvd was the syndicated cuts.

my ex and i would watch episodes an then watch the end credits and notice there were scenes we didn't see!

i think we turned it into a drinking game..

the rest of the cosby dvd sets are all uncut though.

diff'rent strokes on dvd was also uncut too.. thank god.

Bono's American Wife said:

:ohmy: :shocked: :lol:

I can't believe that is Kelly!!! :lmao:

:yes: When we both were just young pups of 19. :giggle: You should see my picture from the same day. Or better yet, the oh-so-cheesy double exposure of both of us. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom